Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Should the Heat/Bulls fear the Knicks/Celtics? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253086)

nashwade 02-22-2012 06:46 AM

Should the Heat/Bulls fear the Knicks/Celtics?

the last thing you want is a grind-it-out 7 game series in the first round

Lin+Melo+Amare+Chandler - will they be a real threat?

Wil the Celtis come alive in the playoffs?

SpaceJammeR 02-22-2012 07:12 AM

Re: Should the Heat/Bulls fear the Knicks/Celtics?

they should fear the knicks. i meant linsanity!

Derka 02-22-2012 09:10 AM

I don't think there's many teams out there fearing the Celtics.

Rnbizzle 02-22-2012 09:15 AM

No. Both the Knicks and Celtics can get a win over the other 2 teams but in a 7 game series there is no way (in my mind) they can beat either the Bulls or Heat.

Celtics are just too old (sadly) and the Knicks are inconsistent and don't play good D.

Real Men Wear Green 02-22-2012 09:21 AM

Cs could maybe take Chi if Rose's back spasms continue and the Celtics get everyone important healthy. Versus Miami if James plays it's not happening no matter what.

All Net 02-22-2012 09:31 AM

The only team Miami should fear is themselves... Knicks will be tough for any team though.

swi7ch 02-22-2012 10:14 AM

Celtics are old. All you have to do to beat them is play the full 48 mins because they will tire midway through the second quarter.

Knicks are a mess until they get rid of Amare and Melo and let Lin go crazy again.

These two teams COMBINED would not beat the Heat in a series.

JohnnySic 02-22-2012 10:21 AM

The Celtics are built for the playoffs - they are like the anti-Chicago Bulls. They will stumble through the regular season and barely finish above .500, but in a short series they can be a major pain for anyone.

cteach111 02-22-2012 10:21 AM

I don't think we're looking too good at the moment. We're just way too inconsistent this year.

The Knicks might be a real threat, but its too early to tell.

cteach111 02-22-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic
The Celtics are built for the playoffs - they are like the anti-Chicago Bulls. They will stumble through the regular season and barely finish above .500, but in a short series they can be a major pain for anyone.

I can agree with this.

Rnbizzle 02-22-2012 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swi7ch
Celtics are old. All you have to do to beat them is play the full 48 mins because they will tire midway through the second quarter.

Knicks are a mess until they get rid of Amare and Melo and let Lin go crazy again.

These two teams COMBINED would not beat the Heat in a series.

:roll:

Rondo/Lin
Allen/Fields/JR Smith
Melo/Pierce/Pietrus
KG/Amar'e
Chandler/O'Neal

Can you spell out championship?

icewill36 02-22-2012 10:27 AM

i think the celtics would have a slight chance against the bulls, no chance against the heat. i dont think they can keep up with wade and bron. they are truly dominating right now and those old legs are doomed against them.

knicks are great on paper, but they have long way to go to build the chemistry needed. i say they have a better chance to upset the bulls than heat as well.
the knicks may just be the leagues most complete team ON PAPER. zero holes in the lineup talent wise for the starters or off the bench.

Knicks101 02-22-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
:roll:

Rondo/Lin
Allen/Fields/JR Smith
Melo/Pierce/Pietrus
KG/Amar'e
Chandler/O'Neal

Can you spell out championship?

You can spell Championship without Carmelo. Actually, it's the only way to spell it.

JohnnySic 02-22-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Haha, get rid of two superstars so that Tim Tebow, er, I mean Jeremy Lin can be The Man. Now I've seen everything. :oldlol:

SpecialQue 02-22-2012 10:35 AM

No.