Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   What's your specialty? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=253850)

Lebron23 02-28-2012 10:11 PM

What's your specialty?

I am a good midrange shooter, solid slasher/finisher and a decent 3 points shooter. Sometimes I handle the ball because I am the best ball handler and passer on our team. By the way I just played 3 on 3 from 8:30 am to 10:50 am.

C_lake2802 02-29-2012 01:02 AM

Re: What's your specialty?

3 ball and passing. no question

Jyap9675 02-29-2012 08:00 AM

Catch and shoot,midrange, decent 3 pointer and passing. Mainly uses floaters on my drive.

Fatigue is my main weakness especially full court game.

HylianNightmare 02-29-2012 10:38 AM

driving and dishing or finishing

01amberfirewv 02-29-2012 03:59 PM

Slasher ball handler and when Iím not forcing passer. Occasionally I will get hot and be can shoot but it I normally come up short.

Rake2204 02-29-2012 05:36 PM

I suppose I'd label my specialty as slashing and finishing at the rim.

Jailblazers7 02-29-2012 07:11 PM

Shooter. My game is based on pumps and jabsteps. I hardly ever take more than 3 dribbles in the half court if I can help it.

Kiarip 03-01-2012 04:07 AM

I'm so bad right now that all I can do is play defense lmfao...

We keep having half hour half-court games to 11, because we shut the other team down, and but we're all so rusty that no one can ****ing score :(

scm5 03-01-2012 01:29 PM

I do everything except play off the ball well.

I can spot up shoot 3's and midrange jumpers, but that's the extent of how well I play off the ball. I rarely cut, but I can slash well.

I'm just used to handling the ball and if I'm not the one handling it, I'm lost.

Mr. I'm So Rad 03-02-2012 06:47 PM

Mid range and long range shooting. My go to move is to post up on the left block and hit a turnaround jumper over my right shoulder. Also, rebounding. I'm good at scrapping for rebounds and usually involve myself on the glass even if I'm not scoring.

EoJ 03-02-2012 07:22 PM

Defense. I get in a zone sometimes and lock people down, get my hand on every ball in passing lane. Good shooter but horrible ball handler.

KokoWarzone 03-03-2012 04:14 AM

catch and shoot mid range shooter. my game is base around jabstep and footwork i sometimes back down opponents with height disadvantage and if im in the low block with a stronger player i just use my footwork and quickness.

Weakness
horrible shooter at 3pt
low stamina but im working on it
not good finisher but working on it
do not have a decent weak hand but working on it

Scal 03-05-2012 10:03 PM

I'm a mid-range shooter these days. I use to play the point, but since the team I play for now has far better ball handlers than me I have settled into this role. I'm an ordinary 3-point shooter, so I don't shoot them in games (in practice I can hit a few, but not near enough to justify shooting them in a game - I think I have made 2 in-game my entire life).

I also like to get out and run. I'm quicker than most, and I tend to get a lot of easy lay-ups off opposition scores simply by beating them down the court and getting go lead passes from our point guard. I'm not a big scorer, as I don't tend to create my own offence, but I relish the role of making my defender work by staying in motion.

And although I am not the best defender, I love the challenge and I try to focus every possession. If someone beats me, it just motivates me more.

jamal99 03-06-2012 07:58 AM

Great midrange shooter, solid 3pt shooter and really nice court vision/passing and feel for the game.

Lebron23 03-07-2012 09:08 PM

I just played basketball again. I am still hitting those long range 3 points shooters.