Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Gold is the best investment (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254119)

demons2005 03-02-2012 12:06 PM

Gold is the best investment
 
Everyone should buy gold. It has gone up 600% in the last 20 years. If you understand that our way of life is built on FAKE MONEY you understand the importance of gold. the government prints money out of thin air and your money will always lose value because they are just making as much as they want . You can bet as more and more people realize this they will buy gold which is not somethng the government can just print up. i know theres some ron paul people on this forum and though i disagree with him vehemently on social issues he is 100% right about gold.

again the price of gold has been only going up for the last twenty years and there is no reason for it to go back down because it is not fiat money. Also the eurozone crisis will probably send it soaring to record highs


disclosure: i bought gold

johndeeregreen 03-02-2012 12:15 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by demons2005
Everyone should buy gold. It has gone up 600% in the last 20 years. If you understand that our way of life is built on FAKE MONEY you understand the importance of gold. the government prints money out of thin air and your money will always lose value because they are just making as much as they want . You can bet as more and more people realize this they will buy gold which is not somethng the government can just print up. i know theres some ron paul people on this forum and though i disagree with him vehemently on social issues he is 100% right about gold.

again the price of gold has been only going up for the last twenty years and there is no reason for it to go back down because it is not fiat money. Also the eurozone crisis will probably send it soaring to record highs


disclosure: i bought gold

Who are you trying to convince, us or yourself?

Meticode 03-02-2012 12:16 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
I've watched the first and second season of the show Gold Rush on Discovery. The Hoffman crew who are second season gold miners went up to Alaska and mined for 93 ounces of gold. Which is like almost 5x more they did the season before because they were major noobs.

-p.tiddy- 03-02-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Quote:

It has gone up 600% in the last 20 years.

20 years is a LOOOONG time guy

there are plenty of other ways to tie up money long term that will give you monster gains like that if you are willing to wait it out


check it though:




nothing is certain in any of this...you can see how gold spiked to hell in 1980...and didn't recover until 2006

yeah, the Dow hasn't been great as of late...but as it bounces up and down it will still trend up over the long run...

JohnnySic 03-02-2012 12:49 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
I like gold because its a shiny rock.

blablabla 03-02-2012 03:50 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
You should invest in ISH

demons2005 03-02-2012 04:31 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
20 years is a LOOOONG time guy

there are plenty of other ways to tie up money long term that will give you monster gains like that if you are willing to wait it out


check it though:




nothing is certain in any of this...you can see how gold spiked to hell in 1980...and didn't recover until 2006

yeah, the Dow hasn't been great as of late...but as it bounces up and down it will still trend up over the long run...

Your chart show gold winning. Also, the only reason it was push down was because government manipulation. They want people to think their pieces of paper are worth alot so they did a lot of tampering with the gold markets. In the end they can't control the gold prices which are quickly exposing their paper as totally worthless.

-p.tiddy- 03-02-2012 04:32 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by demons2005
Your chart show gold winning. Also, the only reason it was push down was because government manipulation. They want people to think their pieces of paper are worth alot so they did a lot of tampering with the gold markets. In the end they can't control the gold prices which are quickly exposing their paper as totally worthless.

:oldlol:


do you have any "paper"?...can I have it?

Manslavedave11 03-02-2012 04:34 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
But Bernanke says its just a barbaric relic?????????????:confusedshrug:

Manslavedave11 03-02-2012 04:42 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Also, I believe that silver is currently the better investment based on the gold/silver ratio and the fact that above ground inventory has rapidly declined for many years now. If you look at above ground silver and gold inventories it is clear that silver is the better buy. However, it is gold that central banks around the world are hording at ever increasing rates to protect themselves from fiat.

-p.tiddy- 03-02-2012 04:57 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
what happens once everyone realizes it's just a rock?...the real value is stock in our businesses, goods and services

demons2005 03-02-2012 05:47 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
what happens once everyone realizes it's just a rock?...the real value is stock in our businesses, goods and services

If gold was just a rock why has it been the natural currency for humanity ever since civilization began. No, gold is valuable because it is limited, has tradition, and it will always be able to leverage those businesses goods and services you speak of. On the contrary those businesses goods and services are at risk of stopping once everyone realizes it's just government endorsed paper they're receiving. At that point people who have gold will be at the top of the food chain

-p.tiddy- 03-02-2012 05:58 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by demons2005
If gold was just a rock why has it been the natural currency for humanity ever since civilization began. No, gold is valuable because it is limited, has tradition, and it will always be able to leverage those businesses goods and services you speak of. On the contrary those businesses goods and services are at risk of stopping once everyone realizes it's just government endorsed paper they're receiving. At that point people who have gold will be at the top of the food chain

it isn't though...

no one uses gold and silver to back up money any more...that is cave man shit...gold and silver coins aren't used anywhere

it USED to be that way because it is rare and pretty

humans have evolved past that...

RedBlackAttack 03-02-2012 06:02 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by demons2005
If gold was just a rock why has it been the natural currency for humanity ever since civilization began. No, gold is valuable because it is limited, has tradition, and it will always be able to leverage those businesses goods and services you speak of. On the contrary those businesses goods and services are at risk of stopping once everyone realizes it's just government endorsed paper they're receiving. At that point people who have gold will be at the top of the food chain

The gold standard has been effectively over for 80 years.... Officially over for 40.

sunsfan1357 03-02-2012 06:04 PM

Re: Gold is the best investment
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
it isn't though...

no one uses gold and silver to back up money any more...that is cave man shit...gold and silver coins aren't used anywhere

it USED to be that way because it is rare and pretty

humans have evolved past that...

Its vintage, bro. Vintage is in.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy