Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Phoenix Suns Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   2012 NBA Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=254373)

Maniak 03-04-2012 02:04 PM

2012 NBA Draft

Who are the Suns primarily looking at? What position needs to be filled? Any draft night moves the Suns should look for? Draft steals?

idizzle 03-06-2012 11:11 PM

Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Thats a tough one.

PG- Nash is still there and its 50-50 if Aaron Brooks stays with the Suns.

SG-I'm not really a fan of Jared Dudley at SG.

SF-Grant Hill is getting older. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Dudley at SF.

PF-Markieff Morris is the future.

C-Gortat and Lopez got it covered.

Maniak 03-07-2012 12:35 AM

The thing with this draft is there isn't many points until Marshall. Lots of swingmen and forwards. It seems like the Suns could really benefit for a 2 guard who can just shoot, and as a nice added bonus, good d.

Maniak 03-07-2012 12:43 AM

I'll quickly analyze how I feel about each position right now.

CE - I dig Gortat, but Loepz is a guy I'd prefer as a third stringer.

PF - Markieff is the man. I'm not keen on the idea of drafting two PF's in a row, but I'd like to see one picked up in the second round or something.

SF - Hill is on his way out. I'm not too confident on Dudley's ability to start and would prefer him off the bench. Suns def. need some upgrades here.

SG - Need a player who can just shoot in a variety of ways, and defend above average. The suns don't have that here.

PG - Nash is on his way out, and we'll need a new PG. I'm not entirely sold on Kendall Marshall.

idizzle 03-07-2012 02:52 PM

PG and SG should be the objectives in this draft for the Suns.

livingby3's 03-07-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniak
I'll quickly analyze how I feel about each position right now.

CE - I dig Gortat, but Loepz is a guy I'd prefer as a third stringer.

PF - Markieff is the man. I'm not keen on the idea of drafting two PF's in a row, but I'd like to see one picked up in the second round or something.

SF - Hill is on his way out. I'm not too confident on Dudley's ability to start and would prefer him off the bench. Suns def. need some upgrades here.

SG - Need a player who can just shoot in a variety of ways, and defend above average. The suns don't have that here.

PG - Nash is on his way out, and we'll need a new PG. I'm not entirely sold on Kendall Marshall.

i want the suns to get a scoring sg. someone who can create his own shots. monta ellis is someone who i have in mind, not necessarily his caliber, but that's the type i want

Maniak 03-07-2012 11:18 PM

This does not look to be the draft where we get a dominant 1 or 2. I'm thinking the Suns will get a swingman. Depends on the draft position. Around the 11th pick where they are now has a few raw centers, a few tweeners at forward, and and few combo guards.

Although I think he might stay another year at Duke, Austin Rivers seems like a kid with high potential who could really flow in the Suns offense.

idizzle 03-11-2012 09:41 PM

I see a few mock drafts and they have the Suns getting a SF. I would actually like to see Steve Nash leave so the Suns can start rebuilding. Its no point of him staying in Phoenix and not contending for a championship. I hope the Suns will try to keep Aaron Brooks and sign a SG. I actually would like to see Rodney Stuckey from the Pistons come to the Suns. I think he would be a good fit.

idizzle 04-12-2012 09:26 PM

It look more like Nash isn't coming back to the Suns. If Aaron Brooks decides he don't want to sign with the Suns, they should draft a PG and SG. Shannon Brown is more of a bench scorer.

If Aaron Brooks agree to a contract with the Suns then they should try to get a SG via trade.

I would like to see them get Rodney Stuckey.

wagexslave 04-13-2012 11:55 AM

I really would like to see Eric Gordon at SG next year, he's really young and built like a beast... kid has legit star potential.

Ditch Frye and draft a legit PF, or sign someone like Humphries.

If you don't draft a PF in the first round (and assuming Grant Hill is off the roster), draft a SF who can drive down the lane, attack the rim, and be a consistent offensive threat without relying on jumpshooting too much. Bench him behind Dudley but let the kid fight Dudley for the starter spot. If he's good enough offensively, I wouldn't mind starting him and letting Dudley settle back into his consistent, high-energy 6th man role.

Just some ideas I had.

idizzle 04-13-2012 09:41 PM

@wagexslave, the Suns are actually one of 4 teams that are looking to sign Eric Gordon.

highwhey 04-27-2012 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagexslave
I really would like to see Eric Gordon at SG next year, he's really young and built like a beast... kid has legit star potential.

Ditch Frye and draft a legit PF, or sign someone like Humphries.

If you don't draft a PF in the first round (and assuming Grant Hill is off the roster), draft a SF who can drive down the lane, attack the rim, and be a consistent offensive threat without relying on jumpshooting too much. Bench him behind Dudley but let the kid fight Dudley for the starter spot. If he's good enough offensively, I wouldn't mind starting him and letting Dudley settle back into his consistent, high-energy 6th man role.

Just some ideas I had.

eric gordon is a stud, but we still need a #1 option. i honestly wish our FO would get on the phone with magic and get us d12 if they are parting ways.