Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Do you hate guys who over dribbles and selfish ballhogs? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255244)

Lebron23 03-11-2012 03:44 AM

Do you hate guys who over dribbles and selfish ballhogs?

I really hate these type of players. That's why I always pick the unselfish players in a pick up game. Yesterday I scored 8 points in a pick up game. Most of my offensive opportunities came when I stole the ball from my opponents, defensive and offensive rebounds, and moving without the ball. I really hates guys who always over dribbles the ball. What's the point of over dribbling when he's not going to attack the basket?

8 points.

2 long range 3 points shoots

3 layups

3 mid range jumpers

01amberfirewv 03-12-2012 08:33 AM

Re: Do you hate guys who over dribbles and selfish ballhogs?

I probably over dribble. I usually dribble until I get double teamed then get it to the open guy or until I see an opening to the hoop.

Lebron23 03-12-2012 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
I probably over dribble. I usually dribble until I get double teamed then get it to the open guy or until I see an opening to the hoop.

I have no problem with that. I just hates these clowns who thinks they are the Harlem Globetrotters or Prime Tim Hardaway. To tell you the truth I don't pass the ball to them.

Magic bird 03-13-2012 04:25 AM

Yeah, I agree, I have a friend who takes forever dribbling. ALWAYS DRIBBLE WITH AN AIM IN MIND.ALWAYS.

305Baller 03-13-2012 10:20 PM

yes I hate them with a passion, i may just start trolling IN the GAME.

Lebron23 03-19-2012 12:23 AM

I also hates players who talks to much.

D-Wade316 03-22-2012 07:07 AM

Definitely. Chuckers and ballhogs takes my rhythm out.

Lebron23 03-22-2012 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Definitely. Chuckers and ballhogs takes my rhythm out.

These guys needs to stop acting like a Superstar on the court.

D-Wade316 03-22-2012 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebron23
These guys needs to stop acting like a Superstar on the court.

Most of them even lack basic dribbling skills. Most results in a turnover or contested shot. :facepalm

Lebron23 03-22-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-Wade316
Most of them even lack basic dribbling skills. Most results in a turnover or contested shot. :facepalm

That's what I am talking about. When I visit the US I want to play againts these super athletic African Americans. It's going to help me to improve my game by playing against Superior competitions.

Rake2204 03-27-2012 05:36 PM

Over-dribblers are indeed quite frustrating. Thankfully, I don't seem to come across them too much these days. I mean, I can always count on a few people over-dribbling a little bit, but that's to be expected.

So far this year, there's been at least one player at our courts who is a serious ball-handling offender. Head down, hugs the baseline after an opponent scores so he can receive the inbound by default, decides he's going to shoot by the time he hits half court, decides who he's going to pass to 4 seconds too late. . .the whole nine yards. Not a fun situation. He's the classic horrible player who gets lucky just often enough to re-affirm his own actions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebron23
That's what I am talking about. When I visit the US I want to play againts these super athletic African Americans. It's going to help me to improve my game by playing against Superior competitions.

Where are you visiting within the USA?

Jailblazers7 03-27-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204
Over-dribblers are indeed quite frustrating. Thankfully, I don't seem to come across them too much these days. I mean, I can always count on a few people over-dribbling a little bit, but that's to be expected.

So far this year, there's been at least one player at our courts who is a serious ball-handling offender. Head down, hugs the baseline after an opponent scores so he can receive the inbound by default, decides he's going to shoot by the time he hits half court, decides who he's going to pass to 4 seconds too late. . .the whole nine yards. Not a fun situation. He's the classic horrible player who gets lucky just often enough to re-affirm his own actions.

:oldlol: Those guys are the worst.

I have a friend who chucks 3 all game. He will put up an average of 10 3's in a game to 21 and probably shoots around 15% normally. Eventually we all get frustrated but one game he will nail 4 in a row which just solidifies his own self-appointed title as a "shooter."

People that overdribble are terrible tho. I probably never take more than 3 or 4 dribbles in a half court setting because if I don't make my move in 1 or 2 dribbles then I'm already at a disadvantage. Not many people can overdribble with success.

Lebron23 03-28-2012 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204

Mid 2012 - Just pm/e-mail me if you want to play some ball in Skokie, Illinois.