Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Celtics and Lakers talked about a deal for Rondo (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255399)

insidehoops 03-12-2012 09:11 AM

Celtics and Lakers talked about a deal for Rondo

A deal was NOT close, though.

Read more here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9400

How would Rondo fit in with Kobe if they played together?

Batchoy 03-12-2012 09:40 AM

Re: Celtics and Lakers talked about a deal for Rondo

:wtf:
How the heck can The Lakers not like this deal? The Lakers shore up the biggest hole in their lineup with a young athletic pg who likes playing defense. I know salaries don't match so add Jermaine O'neal in the mix. That's $6 million off the books after this season. Then The Lakers have a pg, center combo that would be the cornerstone of the franchise until the end of this decade. Kobe wouldn't have to handle the ball as much and can concentrate on scoring.
But how can Boston agree to this trade with their hated rivals? I believe this helps out The Lakers more than The Celtics. It could only boost Boston's chance of a title for this season...and they still wouldn't be the favorites.

INDI 03-12-2012 10:20 AM

IMO the lakers should be looking to trade Bynum not Gasol. Yes Bynum is better, bigger, stronger, younger, and was a allstar starter this year but most of all this dude is INJURY PRONE!!!! He has had multiple surgeries in his relatively young career but still his stock is as probably as high as it will ever be. If Gasol can land us Rondo, than Bynum can land us the same plus a Pierce/Garnett. He probably can get them any player in the league outside of the top ten just off the strength of his size and upside

JohnnySic 03-12-2012 10:51 AM

If the C's trade Rondo for Gasol, I just might have to start paying more attention to hockey.

As for this:

Quote:

If Gasol can land us Rondo, than Bynum can land us the same plus a Pierce/Garnett.

I<3NBA 03-12-2012 10:54 AM

how would Rondo fit in with Kobe? let us see: a guy who likes to pass so much together with a guy who likes to shoot so much. hmm.

Punpun 03-12-2012 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I<3NBA
how would Rondo fit in with Kobe? let us see: a guy who likes to pass so much together with a guy who likes to shoot so much. hmm.

That could be some beastly duo. Seriously.

CeltsGarlic 03-12-2012 11:31 AM

Wow, if Celtics are trading rondo for gasol then Im out.

SpecialQue 03-12-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
Wow, if Celtics are trading rondo for gasol then Im out.

No, you're not.

JohnnySic 03-12-2012 11:57 AM

I cant imagine why the Celtics would want Gasol other than as a future trade chip - i.e. for some reason Ainge feels he can turn around and get more for Gasol than he can get for Rondo. A take a step back to take 2 steps forward sort of deal. Otherwise, I dont get it.

KOBEtherealKing 03-12-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnySic
If the C's trade Rondo for Gasol, I just might have to start paying more attention to hockey.

As for this:

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: man that gif never gets old

CelticsDraftee 03-12-2012 12:46 PM

I still don’t get why Boston would trade Rondo for Gasol? If they’re shooting for one more championship run before the big three is no more, then OK. But they’re nearly in a rebuilding phase and giving up Rondo doesn’t make sense.

Optimus Prime 03-12-2012 12:49 PM

Talk is cheap and the deadline is Thursday!

Though both teams would be interesting/better with this trade. Lakers PG play is pitiful and the Celtics have no post presence.

Rondo/Kobe/Artest or Barnes/McBob/Bynum
Bradley/Allen/Pierce/KG/Gasol

Hmm...

INDI 03-12-2012 03:07 PM

Lol Johnny sic. Of course we would send fillers, but the base of that deal would be bynum for rondo and pierce or Garnett. If it's pierce we package artest, if it's Garnett we package Blake or goudelock throw in a future first and the deal should be solid.

Mr. Jabbar 03-12-2012 03:08 PM

SICK move for the Lakers: Rondo + Kobe = Best backcourt the league has seen in years.

REACTION 03-12-2012 03:46 PM

Didn't some poster call a Gasol-for-Rondo trade on here a while back, claiming he had some 'source'? Can't remember who it was. I thought he was nuts at first. :oldlol:

Edit: found it