Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Respect to Amare (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255809)

BrooklynZoo 03-14-2012 10:56 PM

Respect to Amare

For all the criticism he gets (a lot of it deserved), this guy does not complain or point fingers. He averaged 25 last year and didnt moan when melo came and made him the 2nd option. He's a team first guy and though you can tell he hates losing, he doesnt blame anyone but the team as a whole. Hes said a ton of times this year that the whole team has to buy into the system, and (even though he can only really be referring to melo) he never directed it at an individual. He has been shooting 65% over his last 4 games but only avgs 11 shots per (including 8/10 tonight). He never complains about his stats or touches. #respect:cheers:

now u can go back to bashing him lol

Scoooter 03-14-2012 10:59 PM

Re: Respect to Amare

Here here.

knickballer 03-14-2012 11:01 PM

TRADE HIM!!!

It's his fault Melo is struggling!

MightyWhitey 03-14-2012 11:05 PM

Plays piss poor defense (if you want to even call it that), feet never leaves the court for a rebound, and flops more than ever this season as well as fumbles passes.

MightyWhitey 03-14-2012 11:08 PM

Yes respect to a non-complaining bum.

hito da god 03-15-2012 01:39 AM

absolute respect. he says the right things and looks like a great teammate.

but he still doesn't play defense.

Sarcastic 03-15-2012 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
TRADE HIM!!!

It's his fault Melo is struggling!

Amare, Lin, Laundry, Jorts, and JJ for Gallo. Do it Mitch.
Errrr I mean Glen.

franchize 03-15-2012 09:51 AM

I wasone of the few who defended him when ppl were ready to ship him out early in the year. However, I think we are giving him way too much credit for being a team guy. Lets face it. Of course Amare loved Mike. Hes the only coach who will allow a 6'11 muscular power forward linger on the perimeter on offense and play zero defense. Remember wen Phx got Terry Porter? He cost Terry his job because Terry demanded he play some damn defense. Amare is extremeky skilled but cmon. Call a spade a spade. He supported Dantoni because his system was tailor made for him.

MightyWhitey 03-15-2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
I wasone of the few who defended him when ppl were ready to ship him out early in the year. However, I think we are giving him way too much credit for being a team guy. Lets face it. Of course Amare loved Mike. Hes the only coach who will allow a 6'11 muscular power forward linger on the perimeter on offense and play zero defense. Remember wen Phx got Terry Porter? He cost Terry his job because Terry demanded he play some damn defense. Amare is extremeky skilled but cmon. Call a spade a spade. He supported Dantoni because his system was tailor made for him.

Exactly. And if we can trade him for some defensive playing rebounders along with a few other players (throw chandler in he mix and get Dwight and hedo) the Knicks will truly be a better team.

Clutch 03-15-2012 11:50 AM

My wet dream is trading Amare for a good defensive player who can rebound and is not a total bum on offense.

I would like to have Taj Gibson on this team,I think he would fit perfectly.
Too bad chances for that are zero.

MightyWhitey 03-15-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
My wet dream is trading Amare for a good defensive player who can rebound and is not a total bum on offense.

I would like to have Taj Gibson on this team,I think he would fit perfectly.
Too bad chances for that are zero.

Why? The Knicks could get some picks along with Gibson for that sort of deal.

franchize 03-15-2012 01:28 PM

Knicks fan logic: Trade everyone and sign everyone else lmao

Clutch 03-15-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
Why? The Knicks could get some picks along with Gibson for that sort of deal.

Gibson is making $1 mil. For trade to work they would need to send us Boozer.

I just mentioned Gibson as a type of player who we need to get instead of Amare.
Good defender and rebounder who isn't a bum on offense.

Maybe Josh Smith but he can't shoot and is a dumbass.

franchize 03-15-2012 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
Gibson is making $1 mil. For trade to work they would need to send us Boozer.

I just mentioned Gibson as a type of player who we need to get instead of Amare.
Good defender and rebounder who isn't a bum on offense.

Maybe Josh Smith but he can't shoot and is a dumbass.

I'll take Amare over Boozer all day. F that!