Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sacramento Kings Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   If Webber becomes a laker... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25644)

Showtime 01-11-2007 09:42 PM

If Webber becomes a laker...

will you boo him, or cheer him when he comes to ARCO? Many players have gone to the lakers to win, Mitch Ritchmond, Glen Rice, GP and Malone tried it, etc. I personally understand that he wants to win and he wants to start, and that's why he put LA as one of the places he wants to play. But honestly, the lakers aren't going anywhere anytime soon, so if he really wants a ring, he should swallow his pride and be a 6th man for a contender.

BradMiller52 01-11-2007 09:47 PM

I'd boo or actually instead of that I probably just won't do anything at all. I might go to the last laker game @Arco this season and when he enters the game I'm just not going to cheer for him. LA is the enemy no matter what, atleast IMO, and I hope that nobody else will cheer him either.

bigboi_baller 01-11-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradMiller52
I'd boo or actually instead of that I probably just won't do anything at all. I might go to the last laker game @Arco this season and when he enters the game I'm just not going to cheer for him. LA is the enemy no matter what, atleast IMO, and I hope that nobody else will cheer him either.

To me LA isn't the enemy, they are like the older sibling you always compete with and are hostile towards even though on the inside you want to be just like them.

I would cheer for Webber no questions asked.

BradMiller52 01-11-2007 10:22 PM

If Webber goes to LA, then both of Sacramento's best players(Mitch, Webber) will end up retiring a Laker. That doesn't disgust you at all?

bigboi_baller 01-11-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradMiller52
If Webber goes to LA, then both of Sacramento's best players(Mitch, Webber) will end up retiring a Laker. That doesn't disgust you at all?

The thing that disgusts me was the Kings were not good enough to get those guys the rings they deserved not the fact they went to the lakers.

BradMiller52 01-11-2007 10:28 PM

You mean the refs didn't like us enough in a certain game 6...

LAZYBOY 01-11-2007 10:45 PM

I'll never boo C-Webb, he's my favorite player to ever play the game. The Kings traded him so he should be able to go to the Lakers without feeling like a traitor.

BradMiller52 01-11-2007 10:49 PM

I probably won't boo him but I'll never like any player on the Lakers. So as long as he's a Laker I'm not a fan of him anymore. Besides, my favorite player to ever play was MJ anyway.

LAZYBOY 01-11-2007 11:30 PM

Seeing Richmond in a Lakers jersey may have softened me up:D

BradMiller52 01-11-2007 11:33 PM

Going to LA to chase a ring just seems like the type of move a sell out would make.

Kiss Murder 01-12-2007 02:58 AM

Lakers won't win the championship anyways. :oldlol:

hotsizzle 01-12-2007 05:54 AM

i knew there was gonna be a thread about this here. although I do think he'll end up a Laker, its not anywhere near official..you all are talkin like it went down.

and IMO, laker or not, he'll end up having his jersey retired as a KING

Perezident 01-12-2007 02:20 PM

see the thing with webber is he feels and hes right, that if he joins a contender and doesnt start to say well.....he helped to achive the title he knows ppl will be saying we he was GIVEN a ring all he did was suite up ...a la derek anderson john salley and soon to be finely etc.....he doesnt wanna use a team to get a ring thats why he's *****ing about starting and PT thats all

going to the lakers would only bring talks about he tagged along with kobe and still couldnt get it done...