Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Percentage Chance that Odom Resigns with the Lakers Next Year for Vet's min? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256468)

IGOTGAME 03-19-2012 03:00 PM

Percentage Chance that Odom Resigns with the Lakers Next Year for Vet's min?

I'm going 51% chance that it happens. I think Cuban will waive him and then he is coming home.

The Mavs organization seems annoyed with him and he isn't really helping the team. Seems like it is definitely a possibility.

Kews1 03-19-2012 03:02 PM

Re: Percentage Chance that Odom Resigns with the Lakers Next Year for Vet's min?

He looks like such a baby if he does that. Demands to leave because hes thinks hes not wanted because he was going to be traded for one of the best players in the league then he realizes that he doesn't quite like it in Dallas so he signs right back.

way to prove a point odom well done.

2LeTTeRS 03-19-2012 03:07 PM

Re: Percentage Chance that Odom Resigns with the Lakers Next Year for Vet's min?

Why would he play for the vet minimum? Makes no sense.

IGOTGAME 03-19-2012 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
Why would he play for the vet minimum? Makes no sense.

He may get the mini mid level exception. But, I don't think LA would pay him anymore than that. And, he has made it clear that he wants to be there and no where else.

Heard the question proposed somewhere else and thought I'd pose it here. I don't think teams are gonna jump to pay him a big salary with his apparent mental health issues.

edit: he was close to retiring this year as well.

JellyBean 03-19-2012 03:09 PM

65%. I just don't see him, or Khole, being happy until they are back chillin at the Staple Center and rocking the purple, gold, and white.

LA_Showtime 03-19-2012 03:09 PM

Zero. He burned his bridge with the Lakers.

Owl 03-19-2012 03:22 PM

Virtually zero. Well zero for vet's min thats just ridiculous for a player who was all-star calibre last year. But for back to the Lakers:
1) His acrimonious departure makes it seem difficult for both sides to forgive and forget (stranger things have happened, Kobe-Jackson, but still).
2) If he came back to LA (thinking especially for Vet-min) Stern might have legit cause to pull out "basketball reasons.
3) Dwight isn't going anywhere this summer so maybe Dallas keeps him (I haven't looked properly at Dallas' cap and what they'd have for Deron, so may this doesn't happen).
4) If he's desperate to play in Cali, or even specifically LA there are other options.

Pointguard 03-19-2012 03:29 PM

Maybe the Clippers. I wonder if he can go back to the Lakers for a year? Isn't there a rule that you can't do that.

Haymaker 03-19-2012 03:30 PM

He could always ask for a buyout and join the Brooklyn Nets. It's the closest thing to a big city team. There, his fat wife could be happy living in Manhattan and shit.

Kews1 03-19-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker
He could always ask for a buyout and join the Brooklyn Nets. It's the closest thing to a big city team. There, his fat wife could be happy living in Manhattan and shit.

Yea, hes from NY as well isn't he?

Whoah10115 03-19-2012 03:46 PM

Mark Jackson is a big fan. Maybe Golden State is close enough and he could actually be useful as their starting 3. :confusedshrug:

DuMa 03-19-2012 03:47 PM

odom will go where he is paid the most. thats all a kardashian really cares about. money

DMV2 03-19-2012 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haymaker

The Nets will then have two Mr. Kardashians...isn't that too much for a team to handle? :lol