Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boston Celtics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   If Ced was the GM of the Celtics............ (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2567)

TheReturnofCed 06-23-2006 04:14 AM

If Ced was the GM of the Celtics............

I make a decision.... the future........ or now.

If we are considering upping Pierce we should look at clearing out the inexperienced players.

Trade Gerald Green and his world's of potential.

Trade Al Jefferson and his unreached potential.

Trade Pick 7, who needs it.

Lose Tony Allen (he has no skill I can identify)

Move Mr. Inconsistent Delonte West.

Out of all the young guys, I'm only sold on Kendrick Perkins.

For those 5 players we should try and bring in Jermaine O'Neal and Stephen Jackson, both of those guys seem like they could be moved this offseason.

For it to really work though it would need to be a 3-way.

This is a big one folks:

Boston Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Wally Szczerbiak
Raef LaFrentz
Dan Dickau
Al Jefferson
Gerald Green
Delonte West
Tony Allen
#7 Pick

Incoming
#24 Pick
Hakim Warrick
Jamaal Tinsley
Stephen Jackson
Jermaine O'Neal

Memphis Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
#24 Pick
Eddie Jones
Brian Cardinal
Hakim Warrick

Incoming
Wally Szczerbiak
Raef LaFrentz

Indiana Trade Breakdown
Outgoing
Jamaal Tinsley
Stephen Jackson
Jermaine O'Neal

Incoming
Dan Dickau
Al Jefferson
Gerald Green
Delonte West
Tony Allen
#7 Pick
Eddie Jones
Brian Cardinal

That gives Boston an instant playoff team of:
CT: Perkins/ Jones
PF: O'Neal/ Scarabline
SF: Pierce/ Warrick
SG: Jackson/ Pick 24
PG: Tinsley/ Greene

Memphis end up with:
CT: Wright/ Tsakalidis
PF: Gasol/ LaFrentz
SF: Battier/ Miller
SG: Szczerbiak/ ?
PG: Stoudamire/ Jackson

Indiana end up with:
CT: Harrison/ Foster/ Pick 17
PF: Jefferson/ Cardinal
SF: Granger/ Pick 7 (Gay)
SG: EJones (expirer)/ Green/ Allen
PG: West/ Johnson/ Sarunas

Thats a flexible team with the option of resigning Peja as well.

chains5000 06-23-2006 04:46 AM

Why does Memphis do it?
They give Eddie Jones, who is a solid player in his last contract year, and they get:
  • Wally, who is a good player, but with a bad contract and maybe the Grizzlies don't need him as they already have Miller.
  • LaFrentz, still useful, but has a bad contract too and isn't what memphis is looking for at center.
They also lose a first round pick in the process. Getting rid of Brian Cardinal is not enough.

BradMiller52 06-23-2006 05:08 AM

That trade is just way too big:eek: . IMO the finished product is good but GMs don't trade more than half their team in one deal, it just doesn't happen. Even when your team retools and makes a big deal you don't lose over half your players, atleast not very often. The only trade I can remember that comes close is last year's heat/memphis/NOK/teams I forgot that had like 2931093209109219081239802 players switching places.

A Roc 23 06-23-2006 05:13 AM

I like the Celtic team after all of that trading. They could definately contend for the title.

But Ced, like many of your trades it is simply to big and complicated. I've always wanted to see PP + JO though, I think they'd make a great duo.

Run&Gun=Fun 06-23-2006 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradMiller52
That trade is just way too big:eek: . IMO the finished product is good but GMs don't trade more than half their team in one deal, it just doesn't happen. Even when your team retools and makes a big deal you don't lose over half your players, atleast not very often. The only trade I can remember that comes close is last year's heat/memphis/NOK/teams I forgot that had like 2931093209109219081239802 players switching places.

When using hyperbole its perhaps more effective if you dont go that far.

"That had like 108 players swithching places would have been suffice.

End communication

Him 06-23-2006 08:18 AM

Whats your problem with Indiana? Why the hell woul they trade a potential MVP candidate for a dunk contest champ-to-be and crap?

Possibly the worst thing Larry Bird could do ever....

adamcz 06-23-2006 08:28 AM

It's a terrible trade for Memphis. LaFrentz' value is negative, and they give up a pick to get him.

JohnnySic 06-23-2006 08:43 AM

No thanks. I like the C's young talent.

Skywalker 06-23-2006 09:30 AM

Gerald Green
Kendrick Perkins
Delonte West
Ryan Gomes
Orien Greene
Al Jefferson
Dwayne Jones
Tony Allen

Is that all the youngters you guys have?

lets see IMO:

Gerald Green- Comparisons to T-Mac are stupid. He'll be like him but not as good.
Kendrick Perkins- Solid center a slightly above average starter in the fututre.
Delonte West- Small shootign guard. Shoots too much if I'm correct. Likely a career back-up.
Ryan Gomes- Shown some nice potential. I'd say he could start on half of the teams in the league after a couple years.
Orien Greene- Back-up or third string 1-2 combo, I like him though.
Al Jefferson- I dunno about this guy, seems like he's overhyped.
Dwayne Jones- Third string center.
Tony Allen- I like this guy, doesn't seem like mayn people do though. I can see him as a 7th or 8th man on a contender. Playing the role of the defensive energy filled spark.

bk33 06-23-2006 10:17 AM

The question is, does Indiana want to become Boston minus PP plus 7th pick?

If Ced was the GM of the Celtics............they would die on a plane.

Skywalker 06-23-2006 10:41 AM

LMAO!!! nice bk

kumquat 06-23-2006 10:48 AM

Why does Memphis take on 2 of softest players in the league with 2 of the worst contracts and give up a good young talent as well as a draft pick.

NBAfan32 06-23-2006 10:50 AM

Awful trade for the Grizzlies. Jerry West is smart enough to decline that deal.

Qwyjibo 06-23-2006 10:55 AM

... you would be laughed at by many other GM's in this league with these kinds of trade proposals.

You aren't going to get pawn off LaFrentz that easily.

geeWiz15 06-23-2006 10:56 AM

Ced, don't regress. This is stupid and obviously never going to happen. Nobody is trading their three best players on a playoff team for a bunch of guys who can't crack the roster of a 30 win squad. And Memphis' involvement is completely unecessary and they get hosed. Don't you know the only reason they traded for Eddie Jones was so that they could have a big ass expirer to trade in a deal for a franchise player? They're not giving him up. West wants a big name, not Raef Lafrentz.