Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The Official "Mike Woodson is the Official HC" Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256923)

knickscity 03-23-2012 08:26 AM

The Official "Mike Woodson is the Official HC" Thread
 
All Mike Woodson in here, keep it clean boys.

knickscity 03-23-2012 08:27 AM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
I'll start.

Props for changing the culture of the team.

The now believe they can outscore teams, if they play defense first.

The Ownage 03-23-2012 09:25 AM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
GOAT beard in the NBA.

Sarcastic 03-23-2012 09:36 AM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 

MightyWhitey 03-23-2012 10:47 AM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
I like that he is resting the starters earlier than what pringles used to do.

Clutch 03-23-2012 01:37 PM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
I like he's holding players accountable.
Defense has been excellent since he took over and our offense has been feeding off of it.

If we can continue to play like this until the end of the season and make some success in the playoffs I'm all for bringing him back next season.

knickscity 03-28-2012 10:04 PM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
That you great Woodson for getting the Knicks over .500!!!

Clutch 03-29-2012 06:42 AM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
If Woodson was here from the start the Knicks would be a top3 team in the East.

Mike D'Antoni ruined this season.

franchize 03-29-2012 08:19 AM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
If Woodson was here from the start the Knicks would be a top3 team in the East.

Mike D'Antoni ruined this season.


Now now. Let's pump our breaks here. lol 1st of all, Woodson WAS here. While it's pretty clear now that D'Antoni limited what he was allowed to do, he isn't totally exempt from our defensive woes during Mike's tenure. End of the day, we were playing a defensive philosophy that doesnt work even with great defenders. Any player or coach during Mike's regime is part of the problem. Anyone who follows basketball knows that was a recipe for disaster and nobody, player or coach, stood up and said...Sorry Mike...but this has to stop!

That being said, he is doing a great job. His substitutions still worry me, but it's not that big of a deal right now. He has us playing winning basketball. Winning basketball doesn't just mean we're playing basketball and winning games. It means doing the proper things to achieve success. Sometimes it doesn't always yield results but given the proper talent, it eventually will.(ex Cleveland) Luckily for us, we hit the ground running. Kudos to Coach Mike... The REAL Coach Mike

Clutch 03-29-2012 08:54 AM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Now now. Let's pump our breaks here. lol 1st of all, Woodson WAS here. While it's pretty clear now that D'Antoni limited what he was allowed to do, he isn't totally exempt from our defensive woes during Mike's tenure. End of the day, we were playing a defensive philosophy that doesnt work even with great defenders. Any player or coach during Mike's regime is part of the problem. Anyone who follows basketball knows that was a recipe for disaster and nobody, player or coach, stood up and said...Sorry Mike...but this has to stop!

That being said, he is doing a great job. His substitutions still worry me, but it's not that big of a deal right now. He has us playing winning basketball. Winning basketball doesn't just mean we're playing basketball and winning games. It means doing the proper things to achieve success. Sometimes it doesn't always yield results but given the proper talent, it eventually will.(ex Cleveland) Luckily for us, we hit the ground running. Kudos to Coach Mike... The REAL Coach Mike

He was here but as a head coach you have the power to bench players because they are doing something wrong. You also have the power to play who you want,how much you want and when you want.

If he was a head coach from the start I have no doubt we would be at the top of Atlantic division. With all our problems we're still only 2.5 games away from division leaders.

We would be a top4 seed for sure and I believe we could have had a better record than Orlando.

franchize 03-29-2012 11:56 AM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
He was here but as a head coach you have the power to bench players because they are doing something wrong. You also have the power to play who you want,how much you want and when you want.

If he was a head coach from the start I have no doubt we would be at the top of Atlantic division. With all our problems we're still only 2.5 games away from division leaders.

We would be a top4 seed for sure and I believe we could have had a better record than Orlando.


I'm not saying it isn't possible. I'm just saying don't be sure. Remember also that the better you play the more you put a target on your back.

Clutch 03-29-2012 12:44 PM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
I'm not saying it isn't possible. I'm just saying don't be sure. Remember also that the better you play the more you put a target on your back.

We will never find out but just look at the records:

Philly is 4th seed with 28-22. With all the problems we had we're 26-25,just 2.5 games back.
Also we're 3.5 games back from Atlanta and 4 games from Indiana.

I'm not saying we would be 36-15 or something like that.
But I'm pretty sure 30-21 was absolutely possible,especially considering how many easy games we blew up.

knickscity 03-31-2012 05:36 PM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
Rally the troops, Coach.

This is your moment......

franchize 04-01-2012 09:05 PM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
Mike must have slept with one of the refs' wives because we were gettin jerked with calls last night. The refs were absolutely horrendous. Just watches the UCONN vs Notre Dame girls game. They let them play. Meanwhile, big grown ass men and the refs are blowing the whistle every 5 seconds. EVERYTHING was an offensive foul. Jamison was flopping on every play.

Sarcastic 04-03-2012 06:58 PM

Re: The Official "Mike Woodson" Thread
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OP5EnaaYjQ


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy