Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Who do you want? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256924)

franchize 03-23-2012 08:29 AM

Who do you want?

As we all know, we're currently in the 8th seed. Rank who you'd rather play in order.

Standings:
Chicago
Miami
Orlando
Philadelphia
Indiana
Atlanta
Boston

New York

I'd go

Indiana 1
Atlanta 2
Orlando 3
Boston 4
Philadelphia 5
Chicago 6
Miami 7

knickscity 03-23-2012 08:41 AM

Re: Who do you want?

Honestly I don't care who we face.

The team has 19 games left to improve the area that I thought needed no improvement when the season started....offense efficiency.

If that can be mended up, and the defense as solid as it's been, I honestly do not care who we play.

But if I had to pick, I want the best first......give me the Miami Heat.

Here's my thinking......

I don't see the Knicks as a title contender yet, but I'm confident they would step up to the level of the Heat in the playoffs.

Plus the pressure is completely on Miami, as they are EXPECTED to win a series such as this, and if they were to come away from Miami being tied 1-1 or even worse 0-2, I think that is too much pressure for LeBron especially, and where he goes...the Heat goes.

I really wanna see if the Knicks can compete with these guys now, as this is who we'll be facing the next few years.

I don't want Chicago at all Rose + exceptional rebounding....Knicks disaster.

franchize 03-23-2012 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
Honestly I don't care who we face.

The team has 19 games left to improve the area that I thought needed no improvement when the season started....offense efficiency.

If that can be mended up, and the defense as solid as it's been, I honestly do not care who we play.

But if I had to pick, I want the best first......give me the Miami Heat.

Here's my thinking......

I don't see the Knicks as a title contender yet, but I'm confident they would step up to the level of the Heat in the playoffs.

Plus the pressure is completely on Miami, as they are EXPECTED to win a series such as this, and if they were to come away from Miami being tied 1-1 or even worse 0-2, I think that is too much pressure for LeBron especially, and where he goes...the Heat goes.

I really wanna see if the Knicks can compete with these guys now, as this is who we'll be facing the next few years.

I don't want Chicago at all Rose + exceptional rebounding....Knicks disaster.

Chicago's defense is the only thing that scares me about them. I'm not that worried about Rose. Honestly, he'll probably kill Lin but I think Woodson will be smart enough to pull out the secret weapon that allows us to match up well with Chicago...Iman Shumpert! I think we can go with a Lin/Shumpert back court. They don't have a SG that will attack Lin so I feel safe putting him on whoever they put out there at the 2. It's just their defense that scares me. The way they hedge hard and attack the ball handlers is textbook perfect. Believe it or not, or best bet would probably be to play a lot of Iso ball because their team defense is the bets in the league by far. If we start trying to pass too much and throw lobs, it's going to turn to fast breaks the other way. We'd have to slow it down, space the court and make them pay one on one.

knickscity 03-23-2012 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Chicago's defense is the only thing that scares me about them. I'm not that worried about Rose. Honestly, he'll probably kill Lin but I think Woodson will be smart enough to pull out the secret weapon that allows us to match up well with Chicago...Iman Shumpert! I think we can go with a Lin/Shumpert back court. They don't have a SG that will attack Lin so I feel safe putting him on whoever they put out there at the 2. It's just their defense that scares me. The way they hedge hard and attack the ball handlers is textbook perfect. Believe it or not, or best bet would probably be to play a lot of Iso ball because their team defense is the bets in the league by far. If we start trying to pass too much and throw lobs, it's going to turn to fast breaks the other way. We'd have to slow it down, space the court and make them pay one on one.

I do think Shumpert can handle Rose for the most part, at least limit him some, but the way Chicago rebounds their misses is just downright scary.

Even though I thought we played the last game against them pretty well, we cannot give up 20 offensive rebounds.

It was a 1 point game after the third, the team was right there.

We got killed on the glass though, and in the paint overall, and we actually had a very low turnover game, and shot well from the field.

We got blasted on the glass.

I totally disagree with the iso plays against them, the last thing you want is a slow down game with them, and our offense isn't efficient enough yet to do that consistently.

Gotta put them on their heels, pick up the pace, anything else is playing their game.

We did everything right except rebound the ball.

One main reason we beat Philly the other night.

franchize 03-23-2012 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
I do think Shumpert can handle Rose for the most part, at least limit him some, but the way Chicago rebounds their misses is just downright scary.

Even though I thought we played the last game against them pretty well, we cannot give up 20 offensive rebounds.

It was a 1 point game after the third, the team was right there.

We got killed on the glass though, and in the paint overall, and we actually had a very low turnover game, and shot well from the field.

We got blasted on the glass.

I totally disagree with the iso plays against them, the last thing you want is a slow down game with them, and our offense isn't efficient enough yet to do that consistently.

Gotta put them on their heels, pick up the pace, anything else is playing their game.

We did everything right except rebound the ball.

One main reason we beat Philly the other night.

We gave up a lot of rebounds to Philly too, which scares me. The only problem with speeding up the pace is that they might, and probably will, do the same. Joakim Noah runs the court as well as any big man in the game. Rose is like a bullet in the open court. Chicago's weakness is their halfcourt offense. They only have on guy who can create.

The Ownage 03-23-2012 09:23 AM

I'd easily take Miami before Chicago. Bulls main strengths are defense, rebounding and Rose. Knicks will struggle breaking all 3 of those aspects, especially rebounding which I think is by far their biggest strength against us.

I'd love to face Orlando, Chandler could do a good enough job to try and neutralize Howard as much as possible and we have enough firepower to beat them without being intimidated by Howard's post/defense presence.

knickscity 03-23-2012 09:28 AM

Quote:

We gave up a lot of rebounds to Philly too, which scares me. The only problem with speeding up the pace is that they might, and probably will, do the same. Joakim Noah runs the court as well as any big man in the game. Rose is like a bullet in the open court. Chicago's weakness is their halfcourt offense. They only have on guy who can create.

We won the rebounding battle with Philly though, but the ones they got were late in the game, which was expected.

The thing about speeding up the pace is that isn't what Chicago wants to do.

They score alot on forcing turnovers, which ignites their fast break.

We did literally everyhting right against them except rebound the ball.

Close that gap, while taking care of the ball, and the game is a win for us.

knickscity 03-23-2012 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ownage
I'd easily take Miami before Chicago. Bulls main strengths are defense, rebounding and Rose. Knicks will struggle breaking all 3 of those aspects, especially rebounding which I think is by far their biggest strength against us.

I'd love to face Orlando, Chandler could do a good enough job to try and neutralize Howard as much as possible and we have enough firepower to beat them without being intimidated by Howard's post/defense presence.

Yup, and yup to both points.

Sarcastic 03-23-2012 09:54 AM

1 Atlanta
2 Indiana
3 Orlando
4 Filly
5 Boston
6 Chicago
7 Miami

airchibundo507 03-23-2012 10:40 AM

Atlanta will have Horford in the postseason

Indiana
Orlando
Atlanta
Boston
Philly
Miami
Chicago

Sarcastic 03-23-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Atlanta will have Horford in the postseason

So?

franchize 03-23-2012 11:07 AM

Pre-Linsanity, I would have wanted Miami over Chicago. I just don't like the pressure Chalmers put on him and how he responded. Rose isn't going to press Lin that much because he knows he'll need his energy to score.

knickscity 03-23-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Pre-Linsanity, I would have wanted Miami over Chicago. I just don't like the pressure Chalmers put on him and how he responded. Rose isn't going to press Lin that much because he knows he'll need his energy to score.

Lin gets betters screens to move off of now, and I don't think they get away with what they did that time again.

Shumpert didn't play either, so I would equate that as well.

Jasi 03-23-2012 12:55 PM

It's not that far fetched to think that we may take the Atlantic division, get the 4th seed and meet Indiana in the first round and advance.
That would be the best case scenario by far, because the other possible scenario is we get the 7th or 8th seed, and we will lose the series with either Chicago or Miami.

Every other scenario is very unlikely.

Clutch 03-23-2012 01:33 PM

1. Atlanta
2. Indiana
3. Orlando
4. Philadelphia

At every cost avoid:
5. Boston
6. Chicago
7. Miami

I'm not afraid of Atlanta.Also I think we should win against the Pacers pretty easily.
I would rather play against Orlando than against Philadelphia because they rely on 3-pt shooting too much. Chandler can do a nice job on Howard.
Philly would be a tough opponent but I think we can beat them in a series.

There are 3 teams I want to avoid at all cost.Two of them are obvious,Miami and Chicago. Third one might be unexpected and those are the Celtics. They always seem to get the best of us,they are mentally tough and have a lot of talent.I don't think there's a chance we'll play against them so we should be happy we will avoid them.

I would rather play against Chicago than Miami. Why ? Miami has more talent and they are better in transition.