Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Knicks completely destroy the Magic (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=257664)

insidehoops 03-29-2012 11:40 AM

Knicks completely destroy the Magic

The AP reports: Carmelo Anthony and the Knicks climbed above .500 for the first time since mid-January in overwhelming fashion, scoring 21 straight points in the third quarter and routing the Orlando Magic 108-86 on Wednesday night. Anthony and Iman Shumpert each scored 25 points for the Knicks (26-25), who won for the eighth time in nine games despite playing without the injured Amare Stoudemire and Jeremy Lin. New York outscored Orlando 65-30 in the middle two quarters and has a winning record for the first time since it was 6-5 before a loss to Oklahoma City on Jan. 14... Jameer Nelson scored 17 points, and JJ Redick had 15 for the Magic, who had their three-game winning streak snapped. Ryan Anderson, who made seven 3-pointers and scored a career-high 30 points in the Magicís 102-93 victory here Jan. 16, took just four shots and scored three points.

Sarcastic 03-29-2012 12:49 PM

Re: Knicks completely destroy the Magic

No we didn't. You only completely destroy a team when you force them to fire their coach after a beat down, ala the Blazers and Nate McMillan. We beat them so bad that they traded players away :lol

Clutch 03-29-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
No we didn't. You only completely destroy a team when you force them to fire their coach after a beat down, ala the Blazers and Nate McMillan. We beat them so bad that they traded players away :lol

They lost by 42 against the team that was on a 6 game losing streak :lol

knickscity 03-29-2012 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
They lost by 42 against the team that was on a 6 game losing streak :lol

Yup, that gets a coach fired every single time.

Scoooter 03-29-2012 06:35 PM

I wonder how much longer MOP has.

ShaqAttack3234 04-01-2012 12:47 AM

This game was my NBA high point for the season, partially because Orlando is a legitimately good team. It's right up there as the most impressive Knick game all season. Just such an enjoyable game to watch. It was one of Melo's best games in a long time. He's just unstoppable when he's consistently in the post and mid-range area, he was aggressive and everything else came together from that, he drew doubles and made terrific passes all night, and the right passes, and his jumper also fell, which I credit to him attacking the rim and basing his game off his inside and mid-range scoring, and everything else works off that.

Beyond that, I loved watching Shumpert excel like that, and games like this really make me love having Novak, just having a knock down shooter like that is essential.

And not to overlook, the brightest spot for me. The domination on the boards and completely shutting down Howard. Especially compared to last season, those things are incredible to see and shows what a difference having Tyson makes. He's been the most consistent Knick this season.

Just a phenomenal effort at both ends.