Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Joe Flacco Says He Is The Best Quarterback In The League (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258336)

QUIZZLE 04-04-2012 06:51 AM

Joe Flacco Says He Is The Best Quarterback In The League

Quote:

"Without a doubt. What do you expect me to say?" he queried. "I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback. I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top-five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question. But that doesn't mean that things are gonna work out that way. It just means that that's the way it is, that's the way I feel it is, and that's the way I feel it should be."

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...VtU2oEGvQ5nYcB

It's good to be confident but c'mon, what a fucking jackass. Get real. Where are your glorified "wins" without Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, and Ray Rice, uni-brow?

Definitely a candidate for number one douche in the NFL though.

Real Men Wear Green 04-04-2012 07:27 AM

Re: Joe Flacco Says He Is The Best Quarterback In The League

Last time I criticized a guy for this kind of thing he beat my Pats in the SB, so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

niko 04-04-2012 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Last time I criticized a guy for this kind of thing he beat my Pats in the SB, so I'm keeping my mouth shut.

Eli said he is elite, which is "i am in the top level". He also qualified it to death in the interview which everyone skipped because no one actually listens to the Michael Kay show (nor should they).

If Eli says even this year "I AM THE BEST" i'd roll my eyes. Flacco?:coleman:

takeittothehoop 04-04-2012 09:26 AM

He has obviously been misquoted...I think he meant "worst QB in the league". jks

TheSilentKiller 04-04-2012 09:41 AM

What garbage. I understand the whole confidence issue, but I would be hard pressed to say he is in the top ten, let alone top five. He needs a major reality check.

Carbine 04-04-2012 11:26 AM

Who cares?

-p.tiddy- 04-04-2012 11:41 AM

When asked QBs should just respond with something like "I don't know where I would rank myself, but I know I have what it takes to win a Super Bowl".

jazz873 04-04-2012 01:40 PM

I don't see the big deal

RaininTwos 04-04-2012 02:11 PM

there's a difference between having confidence in yourself and being delusional and arrogant. he is nowhere near the best. is this dude even top 20?

GOBB 04-04-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaininTwos
there's a difference between having confidence in yourself and being delusional and arrogant. he is nowhere near the best. is this dude even top 20?

Now you're being just as stupid as him. :confusedshrug:

ClutchOver9000 04-04-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

#1. Eli said he was in the top tier of QBs, not that he was the best, plus he already had a ring at the time he said it.

#2. Flacco on the other hand says he's the best, and he's nowhere near Eli as a QB.

Real Men Wear Green 04-04-2012 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Eli said he is elite, which is "i am in the top level". He also qualified it to death in the interview which everyone skipped because no one actually listens to the Michael Kay show (nor should they).

If Eli says even this year "I AM THE BEST" i'd roll my eyes. Flacco?:coleman:

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchOver9000
#1. Eli said he was in the top tier of QBs, not that he was the best, plus he already had a ring at the time he said it.

#2. Flacco on the other hand says he's the best, and he's nowhere near Eli as a QB.

You guys can say what you want about it, but for me, I'm done. I'm still vomiting all the crow I had to eat. Kevin Kolb could say he's the second coming of Dan Marino and I wouldn't say a word.

-p.tiddy- 04-04-2012 05:15 PM

Eli Manning is not "elite"...he is not in the top tier

it is a team sport, complete with offense and defense teams...even special teams (which kept Alex Smith out)

ClutchOver9000 04-04-2012 05:23 PM

Quote:

You guys can say what you want about it, but for me, I'm done. I'm still vomiting all the crow I had to eat. Kevin Kolb could say he's the second coming of Dan Marino and I wouldn't say a word.

:lol :cheers: I feel you man...

I honestly think NE will make it back to the SB again this season, with all the additions they added.

But if Brady wants that 4th ring he better hope the Giants aka NE's Kryptonite don't make it back though...

ClutchOver9000 04-04-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Eli Manning is not "elite"...he is not in the top tier

it is a team sport, complete with offense and defense teams...even special teams (which kept Alex Smith out)

:lebroncry: