Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Augustin and Walker (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258793)

idizzle 04-07-2012 09:27 PM

Augustin and Walker

Do you think the Bobcats will keep DJ or do you think they will build around Kemba?

I still like the Augustin and Henderson as the starting backcourt.

rufuspaul 04-14-2012 01:55 PM

Re: Augustin and Walker

Quote:

Originally Posted by idizzle
Do you think the Bobcats will keep DJ or do you think they will build around Kemba?

I still like the Augustin and Henderson as the starting backcourt.

My guess is we keep both until the trade deadline next year.

~spectre~ 04-26-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
My guess is we keep both until the trade deadline next year.

It will depend on whether DJ gets any offers this offseason. Supposedly Portland is interested in him, but after turning in such a bad season I'd be shocked if he got what he's looking for (something around 7.75 per).

Right now he'll probably take the QO. Any more than that then I'd suspect we'll let him walk...which I'd agree with.

Shame we couldn't get something out of him.

TBone 04-30-2012 11:34 PM

Maybe the Bobcats can figure out a way to get Michael Beasley from Minnesota.

Timmeh 05-01-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBone
Maybe the Bobcats can figure out a way to get Michael Beasley from Minnesota.

:biggums:

liverpooty 05-11-2012 01:03 PM

Walker is supposedly buying a home in Charlotte in the off season and having his parents move in town so he can workout with the coaching stop extensively. If they notice drastic improvement in that broken shot of his I think they will let Augustin walk. If they don't they will, and should keep him.

~spectre~ 05-16-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverpooty
Walker is supposedly buying a home in Charlotte in the off season and having his parents move in town so he can workout with the coaching stop extensively. If they notice drastic improvement in that broken shot of his I think they will let Augustin walk. If they don't they will, and should keep him.

I think it's a moot point regarding Kemba...keep in mind DJ's PER was 14.4 for this last season (Kemba's was 14.9). No way should a below average to average PG be making 7 million per year under the new CBA...esp. from a small market team like us.

IMO what it'll boil down to is if Cho thinks it's worth it value wise to keep him or not. Purely asset management. Unless we get him back for the QO or close I'd let him walk.