Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Dishonored (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259979)

Kungfro 04-17-2012 11:53 AM

Dishonored

New game set to come out sometime this year, being developed by Arkane Studios and published by Bethesda.

Dishonored - Debut Trailer
From the description.
Quote:

Dishonored casts you as a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. You are the once-trusted bodyguard of the beloved Empress. Framed for her murder, you become an infamous assassin, known only by the disturbing mask that has become your calling card. In a time of uncertainty, when the city is being besieged by plague and ruled by an oppressive government armed with strange technologies, dark forces conspire to bestow upon you abilities beyond those of any common man.

In Dishonored, creatively eliminate your targets with the flexible combat system as you combine the numerous supernatural abilities, weapons and unusual gadgets at your disposal. Pursue your enemies under the cover of darkness or ruthlessly attack them head on with weapons drawn. The outcome of each mission plays out based on the choices you make.

DISHONORED New Gameplay And Art Beauty Trailer
Dishonored Exclusive: Stealthy, Gruesome Murder

LJJ 04-17-2012 01:06 PM

Re: Dishonored

Arkane Studios' history doesn't look quite so thrilling. Two mediocre games and a ton of canned projects for a developer who have been around 13 years? Egh.

Also three trailers that are primarily featuring artwork and a bunch of dudes talking about the game, and pretty much no gameplay footage? Sounds like hot air.

Kungfro 04-17-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
Arkane Studios' history doesn't look quite so thrilling. Two mediocre games and a ton of canned projects for a developer who have been around 13 years? Egh.

Also three trailers that are primarily featuring artwork and a bunch of dudes talking about the game, and pretty much no gameplay footage? Sounds like hot air.

It's hard to know what to expect based on their history, I'll agree with that. I think it's more important to note who the lead designer is though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harvey_...game_designer)

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ

Yea there's not really much to go off of right now, and you definitely don't want to put too much weight into a CG trailer. The setting seems interesting though, something to keep an eye on at least.

jaydacris 10-08-2012 02:37 AM

Game is getting some great reviews

Ill prly pick it up next week... still too occupied with nba

dishonored and then assassin's creed 3 :)

LJJ 10-08-2012 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ

So guess who was being a cynical bastard on ISH huh? :oldlol:

LebronairJAMES 10-08-2012 04:04 AM

trading in nba 2k13 and getting this

Qwyjibo 10-08-2012 01:52 PM

The great reviews have me intrigued as well. I think I'll grab the PC version.

dunksby 10-08-2012 03:01 PM

**** Bethesda, I aint buying any more of their games.

LJJ 10-08-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunksby

Wait, what did they do?

PS3 owner?

Qwyjibo 10-08-2012 03:22 PM

Quote:

At least this game seems to have some semblance of a personality or life to it unlike stale games like Oblivion and Skyrim.

From watching some gameplay vids, it has elements of the first Deus Ex game and some from the Thief series. Good games to be inspired by.

dunksby 10-08-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
Wait, what did they do?

PS3 owner?

Yep.

glidedrxlr22 10-08-2012 03:44 PM

Quote:

Yep.

Skyrim dlc fiasco?

LJJ 10-08-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Skyrim dlc fiasco?

I think it's their overall track record.

Fallout 3: incredibly buggy game. PS3 bug fixes always lagged well behind the 360/pc fixes. Additionally 360/PC owners eventually received a new ending which allowed you to play after finishing the game which PS3 owners never got.

Fallout New Vegas: Incredibly buggy game. PS3 bug fixes always lagged well behind the 360/pc fixes.

Skyrim: Incredibly buggy game. PS3 bug fixes always lagged well behind the 360/pc fixes. Virtually unplayable on PS3 until about 6 months after the release.

I would not be amused either if I bought those games for PS3 for the same price, only to receive significantly worse product support and essentially a inherently inferior product.

dunksby 10-08-2012 04:16 PM

I can't afford to buy newly released games so I have to be very selective when buying current titles. Bethesda had already tested my patience before their recent assault on my pocket carried on through this Trojan Horse called Skyrim.

LebronairJAMES 10-11-2012 11:00 PM

any one figure out how to open that safe in the sewers level 1

could not figure it out