Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miami Heat Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   wayne simien (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26)

hotsizzle 06-03-2006 05:00 AM

wayne simien

what do you think his future holds?

i remember him being pretty good in college. many also said that it was a steal that miami got him late in the first round.

SupermanOnSteroids 06-03-2006 05:01 AM

a basketball.

AKA AAP 06-03-2006 05:02 AM

I have not seen him play all season.

I have him in my 2K6 team, and he developed into a solid PF in his 2nd year. : )

Raptors4life 06-03-2006 05:29 AM

well ive been hearing that he would be good for the heat but with the starting 5 they have he just hasnt had the chance to play!

you might see i trade in the offseason!

Heretik32 06-03-2006 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptors4life
well ive been hearing that he would be good for the heat but with the starting 5 they have he just hasnt had the chance to play!

you might see i trade in the offseason!

My thoughts exactly, there's just no PT for Simien on this stacked Miami team. Would be better for all if they moved him.

AKADS 06-03-2006 06:09 AM

What about Doleac and Simien being a package.

Who is signed thru next yr other then Wade and Shaq

WoGiTaLiA1 06-03-2006 06:46 AM

He will probably end up being a very similar player to Udonis. He will give a team a solid 3rd-4th option who plays decent defense and rebounds well.

That said, he is going to find it difficult to get minutes in Miami. Same as Dorrell Wright, he has talent, just no playing time to showcase it.

insidehoops 06-03-2006 08:12 AM

Seems like he can be a decent 8th or 9th man

Haven't seen him enough to have a stronger opinion

WildStyle 06-03-2006 08:16 AM

He'll be a solid big man. Probably good enough to end up starting for a team some day. Should be able to hang around the league for a good 10+ years barring injury.

BFRESH44 06-03-2006 09:56 AM

Yea the NBA future that will be held is the one of similiar to a Udonis Haslem type, but he has a little' bit more potent offensive skill set. He can score with his back to the basket and facing at the basket.

Dude did put up 20/10 and was the big 12 player of the year...Obviously he can hoop.

Quote:

That said, he is going to find it difficult to get minutes in Miami. Same as Dorrell Wright, he has talent, just no playing time to showcase it.

I don't think that's going to be the case. I belive Wayne and Dorell see will ALOT more rotation minutes next year. They haven't got that opprintunity yet because of-course right now the goal is a championship not incorparating young talent into the equation.

Remember this cast was built for THIS YEAR. THIS RUN..

Shaq's going to need talented young players around him to preserve the career. And the Heat need something to build off of with Wade....Wayne and Dorell is a good start.

fatboy11 06-03-2006 01:16 PM

I think BFRESH is right. I think Dorell and Simien will see much more time next season.

I don't think the Heat will re-up Posey and Wright will get a lot of his minutes. I think they'll also find a way to get Simien playing time. Who knows what will happen with Zo if they win it all it. He might retire. That would open up playing time for a big man.

AppleNader 06-03-2006 01:18 PM

Not a bad mid-range shooter

Bourne 06-03-2006 01:20 PM

I don't see him developing into much.

AmazingWade 06-03-2006 01:21 PM

Personally I love Wayne and I hope he gets more minutes next year. I like what he brought to the floor when he played this season and he never forced anything always let the game come to him. Wright I still think needs a bit more work, he tries to force the game at times if he can be more patient and maybe just a little more mature he will be great for the Heat.

Twiens 06-03-2006 01:25 PM

He was an awesome player in College. Just hasn't got an opportunity, because of how stacked Miami's roster is. Hopefully he gets traded to a team who needs a bigman. (Atlanta?)