Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Stoudemire will start when he returns, says Woodson (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260078)

insidehoops 04-18-2012 06:26 AM

Stoudemire will start when he returns, says Woodson

"Absolutely, he will start," Woodson said of Stoudemire.

Woodson recognizes that Stoudemire doesn't have great numbers playing with Anthony, but he said it's on him to "make it work."

The rationale for bringing Stoudemire off the bench is two-fold. Statistically, Stoudemire has struggled while sharing the floor with Anthony. And Stoudemire may give the second unit a boost.

But Woodson believes he can make it work between Stoudemire and Anthony.

-- ESPN NY

Rameek 04-18-2012 10:48 AM

Re: Stoudemire will start when he returns, says Woodson

For basketball reasons Stat could be a beast leading the 2nd unit playing 30 minutes a game would be sick.

For his back I can see why he should start (suffering from back issues myself its hard to start playing without warming up). That said what happens when he goes to the bench or after halftime or foul trouble.

franchize 04-18-2012 02:00 PM

I totally agree with you Rameek. Everyone is quick to want to bring him off the bench. As someone who's had back problems almost all my life, including scoliosis, I fel where you are coming from. Warming up, then sitting, and then trying to get back to full speed is extremely tough to do. My back was great while I was playing. It was when I had to stop is when it would stiffen up...and let me tell you, it's some of the most debilitating pain you'll ever feel in your life. It's the same reason why guys with groin injuries get on the stationary bike.

I think the best option isn't to bring him off the bench. I think what mike should do is start him and sub him in and out often. Instead of playing him a long stretch, then sitting him for a long time, then playing him. Let him play 6 minutes to open the game, sit him and let him ride the bike or jog in the tunnel, then bring him back for another short time when you take Melo out, and keep doing that all game. It's not like Jeffries really needs any kind of rhythm to do what he does on the court. I think a big key will be if we can get him in some regular season games to figure all of this out.

airchibundo507 04-18-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
I totally agree with you Rameek. Everyone is quick to want to bring him off the bench. As someone who's had back problems almost all my life, including scoliosis, I fel where you are coming from. Warming up, then sitting, and then trying to get back to full speed is extremely tough to do. My back was great while I was playing. It was when I had to stop is when it would stiffen up...and let me tell you, it's some of the most debilitating pain you'll ever feel in your life. It's the same reason why guys with groin injuries get on the stationary bike.

I think the best option isn't to bring him off the bench. I think what mike should do is start him and sub him in and out often. Instead of playing him a long stretch, then sitting him for a long time, then playing him. Let him play 6 minutes to open the game, sit him and let him ride the bike or jog in the tunnel, then bring him back for another short time when you take Melo out, and keep doing that all game. It's not like Jeffries really needs any kind of rhythm to do what he does on the court. I think a big key will be if we can get him in some regular season games to figure all of this out.

insightful post.

bluechox2 04-18-2012 11:48 PM

amare with his cornrows and new swag will be interesting to watch how he starts the game on friday

franchize 04-19-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
amare with his cornrows and new swag will be interesting to watch how he starts the game on friday

Yea when I saw that I was like...when the hell did his hair get long enough to braid? Im just glad he cut that beard. That shit was making me itch just looking at it.

knickscity 04-19-2012 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Yea when I saw that I was like...when the hell did his hair get long enough to braid? Im just glad he cut that beard. That shit was making me itch just looking at it.

I'm assuming it was growing while he was wearing the hoodie in remembrance.

Scoooter 04-19-2012 06:02 PM

His hair and beard have been kind of long and scruffy all season. How long does it have to be for cornrows?

knickscity 04-19-2012 06:22 PM

I know some ladies that can catch a normal fro.

ClutchOver9000 04-19-2012 11:38 PM

damn....Melo's been soooo good at the 4, what happens now, Stat gets his normal position back, and Melo goes back to the 3? I just hope Melo can keep the groove he's in going throughout the playoffs...

Scoooter 04-19-2012 11:52 PM

Was Melo supposed to remain a four permanently? Is the fear that he can't produce as a small forward anymore?

Do the Knicks win a championship playing small ball?

Sarcastic 04-20-2012 12:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gab3Zdbb40w

bluechox2 04-20-2012 12:10 AM

we clinched a playoff spot

airchibundo507 04-20-2012 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
we clinched a playoff spot

there was never any doubt after we whooped them on their homecourt

Clutch 04-20-2012 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
Was Melo supposed to remain a four permanently? Is the fear that he can't produce as a small forward anymore?

Do the Knicks win a championship playing small ball?

It's not about position. Even now he's often guarded by 3's. LeBron and Battier guarded him for the whole game,Deng and Granger guarded him at some point of the game...

It's about getting touches and playing like he knows the best. Amare not clogging up the paint also helps.