Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Steve Blake????? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260096)

DKLaker 04-18-2012 12:19 PM

Steve Blake?????

Steve Blake was supposed to be the answer at PG, he had been a very good shooter for years but ever since he came to the Lakers his numbers have taken a huge drop across the board, most alarmingly his shooting percentages have fallen off the map and are well below his career average.
Before the season most guys thought he would bounce back and blamed his failure on the Triangle. I said I saw constant fear in his eyes and that he wouldn't play well with the Lakers because he's the type of guy who plays his best on bad, small market teams....LA is too big and too bright for him.....too much pressure. (Fear.....I'm a coach and know the look when I see it).
If somehow this guy could pull a sudden "Metta" reversal it would really help the team.

Opinions guys????? (I promise not to rant further on this :oldlol: )

bladefd 04-18-2012 12:43 PM

Re: Steve Blake?????

Your guess is as good as mine as to what happened to him. I remember how he dominated the game against the Lakers 2 seasons ago then we pick him up and see that.. He looks like a completely different player with the Lakers, I guess he is good off the bench. If he was starting, I would have a major issue but he isn't starting.. All i know is he is better than Fisher :D

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 04-18-2012 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Steve Blake was supposed to be the answer at PG, he had been a very good shooter for years but ever since he came to the Lakers his numbers have taken a huge drop across the board, most alarmingly his shooting percentages have fallen off the map and are well below his career average.
Before the season most guys thought he would bounce back and blamed his failure on the Triangle. I said I saw constant fear in his eyes and that he wouldn't play well with the Lakers because he's the type of guy who plays his best on bad, small market teams....LA is too big and too bright for him.....too much pressure. (Fear.....I'm a coach and know the look when I see it).
If somehow this guy could pull a sudden "Metta" reversal it would really help the team.

Opinions guys????? (I promise not to rant further on this :oldlol: )

its all on mike brown honestly...freaking every team has a rookie/2nd player doing good....Mike Brown had no balls to develop goudelock/ebanks/hill

loook at chandler persons-nyk/shumpert-knicks/bradley-celtics/leonard-spurs/morris-suns

you need to develop young talent...and he aint done sh1t...this morning i read he is already set on rotations for playoffs...how dumb is this :banghead:

He has the worst bench in the league and he is already set? & that includes giving blake 20mins a night? only mike potato head brown

LA.MJ&KB#1 04-18-2012 03:33 PM

Watching Blake in the line up with the starter doesn't make much sense to me. It's like his heart rate is off beat with the game....Dang I said his heart rate:lol ...But, once he's with the second unit I can tolerate his service a little better just seem more confident with the second squad.

Hope I didn't overstate the confident word to much.....Great post DKLaker as always:applause:

DKLaker 04-18-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
its all on mike brown honestly...freaking every team has a rookie/2nd player doing good....Mike Brown had no balls to develop goudelock/ebanks/hill

loook at chandler persons-nyk/shumpert-knicks/bradley-celtics/leonard-spurs/morris-suns

you need to develop young talent...and he aint done sh1t...this morning i read he is already set on rotations for playoffs...how dumb is this :banghead:

He has the worst bench in the league and he is already set? & that includes giving blake 20mins a night? only mike potato head brown

Haha.....you're singing my favorite song bro :oldlol: :oldlol: :cheers:

Eat Like A Bosh 04-18-2012 08:09 PM

Surprised he was this bad. But Steve Blake might not be as great of shooter as we all think he is.
Fast Forward to 8:30 in this video. And 6:30
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zl3dnjvh4Q

DKLaker 04-18-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
Surprised he was this bad. But Steve Blake might not be as great of shooter as we all think he is.
Fast Forward to 8:30 in this video. And 6:30
www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Zl3dnjvh4Q

Wow......excellent breakdown by Coach Nick, he's on the money!!!
He identified several of the pet peeves I have with our so called offense.....I won't go into that now. (2 man game, cutters etc..)
That was Kobe at his worst, but much of it has to do with having tired legs.
Pau has absolutely no clue how to play defense away from the basket, I have never seen a pro player with worse body positioning than Pau, the video catches this along with his constant mental lapses on defense and lack of hustle, I pointed out in another post that Kobe's bad position and slow movement caused Pau to get posterized by Griffin.

As for Steve Blake, yeah his shooting hand issue is terrible, don't we have a decent shooting coach???? It should be an easy thing to fix.

Blake's Career FG% prior to joining the Lakers .420 and 3pt% .395

This year's FG% .377 and 3pt% .322 so obviously he was a very good shooter prior to joining the Lakers.

lakerfreak 04-19-2012 04:18 AM

After going through a tough season, its very difficult to recover from that sort of thing. Only great players recover from a bad season. I cant think of too many who bounce back. Look at Amare on the Knicks. Do you think he will ever be the same after a really disappointing year?

When he first came to this team, people thought it was to be a starter, only to find out that Fisher would start. The system was very difficult to pick up, as Phil has said over and over "it takes two years to completely master it". And even if one does master it, does it necessarily mean all the role players would get into a rhythm? No. The offense is designed for guys like Kobe, Pau, Bynum, and makes other guys have to take advantage of their few opportunities, which was how Phil used it anyways.

Ron Artest was a player who was a great stats player on other teams too. He came to this team, and suddenly his numbers dropped until he finally improved as the season went on, only to have another terrible year right after.

Quote:

its all on mike brown honestly

Yes, because Mike Brown coached the lakers last year too :rolleyes:

Quote:

Mike Brown had no balls to develop goudelock/ebanks/hill

Ebanks is playing behind Matt Barnes and Ron Artest, two players who are playing very well at the moment. Jordan Hill is playing behind Andrew Bynum + Pau + McRob. Again, very tough competition. Goudelock is a rookie that has shown some goodness, not greatness, but its not like we lose when he's not in. He'll have his chance next year.

DKLaker 04-19-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
After going through a tough season, its very difficult to recover from that sort of thing. Only great players recover from a bad season. I cant think of too many who bounce back. Look at Amare on the Knicks. Do you think he will ever be the same after a really disappointing year?

:wtf: :facepalm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

LF......are missing your calling as a politicial/political advisor/spin doctor.
I've never seen anyone come out with more ludicrous excuses in my entire life....lmao.
But if I needed spin or excuses, you'd be the first guy I'd hire!!!

lakerfreak 04-19-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
:wtf: :facepalm

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

LF......are missing your calling as a politicial/political advisor/spin doctor.
I've never seen anyone come out with more ludicrous excuses in my entire life....lmao.
But if I needed spin or excuses, you'd be the first guy I'd hire!!!

Its hard to bounce back from a disappointing season. Its all mental at that point, although if you do need me to make excuses, I must say that I am the best at it, specifically when I miss appointments or decide not to show up for final exams lol.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 04-19-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Yes, because Mike Brown coached the lakers last year too :rolleyes:

:biggums: atleast freaking explain yourself before rolling your eyes like a drama queen

Quote:

Ebanks is playing behind Matt Barnes and Ron Artest, two players who are playing very well at the moment. Jordan Hill is playing behind Andrew Bynum + Pau + McRob. Again, very tough competition. Goudelock is a rookie that has shown some goodness, not greatness, but its not like we lose when he's not in. He'll have his chance next year.

so eBanks can only play sf and he cant play backup sg for 10mins? he was good enough to start at sf but not good enough to be a backup sg and play against scrub sg's for 10mins?

worst thing is Mike brown plays blake at the backup sg and gets humiliated day after day from scrub backup sg's .....S brown had 18pts in 1qtr against him ...

Rush had a career night playing against him.....I am not even talking about Harden/oj mayo torching him in & out.....

what do you mean goudelock will get his chance next year? He was producing when given mins...defensively he was ok....Lakers have WORST Bench in the league and Mike brown should never come out and say I am set on my rotations....lol...dude wake up...you have worst bench in the league

lakerfreak 04-19-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

:biggums: atleast freaking explain yourself before rolling your eyes like a drama queen

so eBanks can only play sf and he cant play backup sg for 10mins? he was good enough to start at sf but not good enough to be a backup sg and play against scrub sg's for 10mins?

worst thing is Mike brown plays blake at the backup sg and gets humiliated day after day from scrub backup sg's .....S brown had 18pts in 1qtr against him ...

Rush had a career night playing against him.....I am not even talking about Harden/oj mayo torching him in & out.....

what do you mean goudelock will get his chance next year? He was producing when given mins...defensively he was ok....Lakers have WORST Bench in the league and Mike brown should never come out and say I am set on my rotations....lol...dude wake up...you have worst bench in the league

I would gladly explain myself, the only problem is you didn't. Mike Brown, thats all you said. How is he the cause of Blake's failures?

Regarding the bench of the lakers.

The entire bench was emptied out in yesterday's victory over the warriors.

8 full minutes of garbage time, and the lakers bench still could not score a single point. Can you please explain to me exactly how good Goudelock, Ebanks, Morris, Hill, and even mcroberts for them not to score a SINGLE point in those last few minutes? Of Garbage time?

DKLaker 04-19-2012 06:05 PM

Quote:

I would gladly explain myself, the only problem is you didn't. Mike Brown, thats all you said. How is he the cause of Blake's failures?

8 full minutes of garbage time, and the lakers bench still could not score a single point. Can you please explain to me exactly how good Goudelock, Ebanks, Morris, Hill, and even mcroberts for them not to score a SINGLE point in those last few minutes? Of Garbage time?

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Name one time that these guys have ever been on the court at the same time.......come on.....let's hear it!!! :oldlol:

You put guys on the court who never played together and what do you expect.....this is coaching 101. Obviously Goudelock had no trouble scoring when he played with guys who are in the regular rotation.......I mean, you are watching the game but not THINKING the game.
Somebody....yeah a chick, asked why teams don't just put all 7 footers on the floor at the same time, who could stop them she said :hammerhead:
I explained to her, she paused and I knew what was coming out her mouth next, "Why not put all the little fast guys on the floor at the same time" :banghead: :banghead:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 04-19-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

I am saying if Blake is not performing ...move on use other players on the bench that are producing. You would say but Blake plays good defense while Goudelocks defense is shaky....Thats why i gave you examples of blake getting humiliated by rush and others.....

Mike Brown is scared sh1tless to use rookies over the vets...he has no balls to do so....

you are talking about yesterday? wow 8 full mins of junk??? and you have the nerve to ask why they didnt score 1 point? lol it was worthless time who nobody cared...even if Goudelock would have hit 3-4 3's he wont be getting any mins that matter.....

Against the spurs the lakers were up by 15-18 in SA and Brown still didnt had any balls to play guys like goudelock/ebanks/hill

Mike brown is telling people on why goudelock is not getting any burn...its not like goudelock is scoring 15pts in 15mins...how dumb is that???

bladefd 04-19-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Mike Brown is scared sh1tless to use rookies over the vets...he has no balls to do so....

you are talking about yesterday? wow 8 full mins of junk??? and you have the nerve to ask why they didnt score 1 point? lol it was worthless time who nobody cared...even if Goudelock would have hit 3-4 3's he wont be getting any mins that matter.....

Against the spurs the lakers were up by 15-18 in SA and Brown still didnt had any balls to play guys like goudelock/ebanks/hill

It's not like Phil Jackson was much different in that manner in every season he was here. Surprised it is an issue now :confusedshrug:

Just making a point.. :D