Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Throwback (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260320)

franchize 04-20-2012 10:29 AM

Throwback

Well, it's official. We're in the playoffs. So I was taking a trip down memory lane and thinking about the Knicks of the 90's. Probably my peak is a Knick fan thus far. I started to think about the epic playoff battles. I also began thinking about how much I liked the jerseys when they didn't have the black stripe in them. Then I began thinking about how much teamwork and comradery those teams had, led by Pat Ewing. Ultimately, I thought of an idea that I thought would be cool. The Knicks should do the all black sneakers thing again for the playoffs. Remember when they started it that one year. I remember seeing them come out for warmups thinkin "Oh $h!t, that's dope! Their about to kick some ass." Don't know if you guys remember, or care for that matter, but I thought it would be a cool idea and it would show solidarity for a team that's obviously got a new identity from the one we began the year with. Here's a pic to help refresh your memories:

percelloveknicks 04-20-2012 10:41 AM

Re: Throwback

I remember it, and it was dope as hell back then, but in this new world of individualism and pleasing their sponsors, HELL NO!!!!!!!! They aint gonna do it.

franchize 04-20-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
I remember it, and it was dope as hell back then, but in this new world of individualism and pleasing their sponsors, HELL NO!!!!!!!! They aint gonna do it.

But both Melo and Amare have black versions of their kicks. I dont get why it would be a problem. Baron looks to have switched to Melos shoes now. He used to wear those Chinese brand shoes a lot of guys were wearing.JR wears what looks like a generic NIKE sneaker. Novak does too. Nobody else is remotely important enough to have their own sneaker lol I think it would be cool. Just a thought

knickscity 04-20-2012 12:35 PM

That would be tight if they all rock the black kicks.

Clutch 04-20-2012 03:05 PM

I like those jerseys.

MAKE IT HAPPEN DOLAN

Sarcastic 04-20-2012 03:24 PM

They all shaved their heads too, except for Ewing and Starks :lol

franchize 04-22-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
They all shaved their heads too, except for Ewing and Starks :lol

Yea that part was awkward :oldlol: Glad Pat passed on that

ClutchOver9000 04-22-2012 11:26 PM

i wish...

bluechox2 04-23-2012 01:52 AM

i like the retro's more than the current ones

Rameek 04-23-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Yea that part was awkward :oldlol: Glad Pat passed on that

Yet I think both are rocking the baldy now.... Maybe we would have won a championship if Starks and Ewing fell in line:coleman:

This team isnt worthy to wear retro's from that era.:no: :crazysam: :lebroncry: :durantunimpressed: