Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260835)

JellyBean 04-24-2012 07:19 PM

Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
Hey fellow Sonics fans. First off it is cool seeing that us diehard Sonics fans are standing strong for our beloved Sonics and waiting for their return. I can't wait until our team is back in the league. With that being said, I just wanted to pass along this information that was sent to me. I guess on CNBC this Friday (4-27-12 and on Sunday 4-29-12)

Sonicsgate airs on
National TV this weekend!


7:00pm Pacific Time / 10:00pm Eastern

Friday, April 27

Sunday, April 29



I am sure that many of us have seen most, if not all, of this information before, so it might be hard for folks to watch. But either way, this Friday it will be on national TV!! I am watching it....like the 50th time that I have seen it. But it is nice to watch.


Peace,

Fellow Sonics fans.

Killbot 04-24-2012 09:10 PM

Re: Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
CNBC? Don't have that? Have the crappy local channels here. :oldlol:

JellyBean 04-25-2012 08:02 AM

Re: Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killbot
CNBC? Don't have that? Have the crappy local channels here. :oldlol:



LOL!! If they post it online, I will send you a link, buddy.

9512 04-25-2012 09:21 AM

Re: Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
The Sonicsgate doc is available on Youtube.

And I too watched more times than I care to admit. I keep thinking the outcome will be different but no avail. :roll:

The more I watch this the more I change my views on who is more to blame. I went even as far as blaming Seattle people themselves but only god knows the truth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9Dp20ydm1E

Killbot 04-26-2012 01:11 AM

Re: Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean
LOL!! If they post it online, I will send you a link, buddy.


Oh I already watch Sonicsgate, so I'm not missing much. :lol
.......unless they added something new to it.

JellyBean 04-27-2012 10:35 PM

Re: Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Killbot
Oh I already watch Sonicsgate, so I'm not missing much. :lol
.......unless they added something new to it.


Nah. Nothing new.

9512 04-28-2012 08:59 AM

Re: Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
Hmmm...

I watched it again and thought it is strange that people forget the detail about the transaction to Bennett.

It turns out (based on Wally Walker) that it was a guy named Ed Evans that led the group to buy the team. Since Evans had ties with Seattle and mutual acquaintances vouched for Evans' intentions to keep the team in Seattle.

bennett didn't shake anyone's hand until the press conference (or really late in the transaction).

Could we really entirely blame Shultz? Dude and the rest of the owners didn't know of Bennett being part of the group.

Ultimately Ed Evans pulled out or was forced out. And Bennett took over at the head owner.

Killbot 05-02-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9512
Hmmm...

I watched it again and thought it is strange that people forget the detail about the transaction to Bennett.

It turns out (based on Wally Walker) that it was a guy named Ed Evans that led the group to buy the team. Since Evans had ties with Seattle and mutual acquaintances vouched for Evans' intentions to keep the team in Seattle.

bennett didn't shake anyone's hand until the press conference (or really late in the transaction).

Could we really entirely blame Shultz? Dude and the rest of the owners didn't know of Bennett being part of the group.

Ultimately Ed Evans pulled out or was forced out. And Bennett took over at the head owner.


Schultz technically sold the team to Bennett anyways instead of looking for someone who lived in Seattle, so Schultz still is to blame. Schultz then later tried to sue Bennett for being "tricked". That doesn't help his case.

9512 05-04-2012 10:34 AM

Re: Sonicsgate-CNBC Friday 4/27/2012
 
And it's strange that Ballmer never stepped up at all until 2008. Unfortunately, too late by then.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy