Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Are the Knicks going to move past the first round? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261067)

Dwyane Rose 04-26-2012 04:57 PM

Are the Knicks going to move past the first round?

I say yes. I don't care that they're playing Miami. They will move past the first round.

This is the only safe place on ISH where I can say this without getting ridiculed.

*footnote*: Only guaranteed if Lin plays, 50% chance if he doesn't.

percelloveknicks 04-26-2012 10:35 PM

Re: Are the Knicks going to move past the first round?

The knicks are gonna put up a great fight but no second round this year.

knickscity 04-26-2012 10:51 PM

1999 remix.

#believe

Sarcastic 04-26-2012 10:55 PM

They need to win game 1. Knicks haven't lost 2 in a row under Woodson. If they get game 1, they will be in the driver's seat.

redrich2000 04-26-2012 11:44 PM

We'll be underdogs for sure. But Miami and Chicago would have been praying they they got Philly or Orlando instead of us.

franchize 04-27-2012 10:30 AM

:oldlol: LMAO @ Sarcastic and 21 Shump Street. That's awesome. I wish Jeremy was back so we could serve Miami a hot plate of fried Shump-Lin's.

Assuming Melo is Melo (which I know isn't guaranteed)...but for argument sake, assuming Melo is Melo, if Amare can play well against Bosh and we play hard nosed defense, I think we have a shot against anyone.

I feel we need this to have a legit chance:
1.If we get the 25+ from Melo and about 20-22 from Amare.
2.Consistently sound defense without fouling
3. Bench scoring from Smith and/or Novak.

Scoooter 04-27-2012 03:42 PM

We're not getting 25+ from Melo and 20-22 from Stoudemire with those two and Chandler in the game. We don't have the point guard play, and Woodson doesn't know how to do it.

We'll feed the ball to Melo as much as he wants, so he should get his. I don't see anymore than 15-17 a game for Amar'e.

The Ownage 04-27-2012 05:03 PM

So Chandler most likely to be out for game 1.

:(

Rameek 04-27-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ownage

Not yet. But that flu is kicking his arse.

Listening to sports radio so many people are saying that the Knicks will beat the Heat and Mike Kay and Don says ok then those people must believe the Knicks are CHAMPIONSHIP team.

I understand that principle do others agree.

I think the Knicks can win if Melo 30pts and Stat 25pts plays like superstars on both ends and the Knicks find 20 points from someone else every night and Chandler plays like the DHoward in the middle.

knickscity 04-27-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
Not yet. But that flu is kicking his arse.

Listening to sports radio so many people are saying that the Knicks will beat the Heat and Mike Kay and Don says ok then those people must believe the Knicks are CHAMPIONSHIP team.

I understand that principle do others agree.

I think the Knicks can win if Melo 30pts and Stat 25pts plays like superstars on both ends and the Knicks find 20 points from someone else every night and Chandler plays like the DHoward in the middle.

If we beat Miami, it would be a disgrace to lose to another squad.

No way you beat the best, then flunk out on others.

Clutch 04-28-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ownage

franchize 04-28-2012 08:57 AM

Call me crazy, but if we beat the Heat, Im satisfied lol.

Realistically tho, if Chandler doesnt play, we are assed out. He needs to get some vicks n some orange juice. Get someones grandma to make him some soup.We got asses need kickin.

Clutch 04-28-2012 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Call me crazy, but if we beat the Heat, Im satisfied lol.

Realistically tho, if Chandler doesnt play, we are assed out. He needs to get some vicks n some orange juice. Get someones grandma to make him some soup.We got asses need kickin.

Same as me.

franchize 04-28-2012 09:09 PM

If Chandler is going to be only a fracton of himself, we should just let him rest and play small. Let Melo go back to pf. Amare play C. No sense clogging the coyrt if Chandler cant do what he does best.

knickscity 04-28-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
If Chandler is going to be only a fracton of himself, we should just let him rest and play small. Let Melo go back to pf. Amare play C. No sense clogging the coyrt if Chandler cant do what he does best.

I agree, but Woodson can't do that with his job on the line.

Unless Tyson says he's out, he's gonna play, and Woodson isn't gonna tell him no.