Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Eddie Jones (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26150)

MetsPackers 01-15-2007 01:11 PM

Eddie Jones

It is obvious now that the Grizzlies are going to buy out Eddie Jones' contract. Right now the Knicks only have 3 guards in the rotation. That is not enough. I think if we could sign him for dirt, then he would be a solid addition to the team for the time being.

Discuss.

Amigo 01-15-2007 01:36 PM

Anything is possible for the Knicks. The dirt cheap part is the thing that might make an addition like him work for the Knicks. Maybe a 10 day contract? I know the guy is a slasher, something the Knicks need. Plus, he's a tall SG and can defend a bit. I wouldn't mind him over Francis.

shafir 01-15-2007 04:49 PM

Any way we can dump Francis for Jones? Ill even be willing to give up Nate and a first rounder!

brooklynchild155 01-15-2007 04:57 PM

if they we didnt have as much gaurds then yes with out a dout but we have to much gaurds.

MetsPackers 01-15-2007 05:03 PM

They are probably going to buy out his contract, so picking him up would probably cost very little. But we wouldn't have to give up any players to get him. A 1-year 2.3 million dollar contract seems fair.

bigdaddybluesman 01-15-2007 05:07 PM

Yes Jones is the type of player we need.

A professional and he understands his role. He's also been on a lot of winning teams. He's a tall SG, I think he's 6'6" with a good span and good overall skills.

If we are going to the playoffs he would be a good addition.

Don Che 01-19-2007 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MetsPackers
It is obvious now that the Grizzlies are going to buy out Eddie Jones' contract. Right now the Knicks only have 3 guards in the rotation. That is not enough. I think if we could sign him for dirt, then he would be a solid addition to the team for the time being.

Discuss.

The only reason that we have 3 gaurds in rotation is cuz Nate is being punished lol...dont worry nate will come back and we will have 4...with 4 forwards(Lee,Balkman,Jeffries and Frye) and 1 center.

knickscity 01-19-2007 10:17 PM

We need an athletic small forard with good defense that is quick footed. We have no one who fits the bill on that.

bigdaddybluesman 01-20-2007 09:24 AM

I think we have that in Balkman.

knickscity 01-20-2007 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
I think we have that in Balkman.

Maybe right but he gets no run because of the other JJ(both our JJ's suck)

KingofKings718 01-20-2007 02:55 PM

We're buying out Steve Francis, so bringing Eddie Jones in won't be a problem. He's approaching 36, so we're not inclined to give him 34+ minutes, thus allowing our current guards and wing players to develop.

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 01-20-2007 04:22 PM

I'll bring him in, anything for francis to leave. I'll tell memphis right now jones for francis and get the deal done.

He's a 6'6 wing player even though he's old we can still use him just like you said.. he won't be expecting big minutes