Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Floyd Mayweather won't risk health to fight Manny (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261958)

kentatm 05-02-2012 03:23 PM

Floyd Mayweather won't risk health to fight Manny

Quote:

In a response that eventually drew applause from his entourage, Mayweather once again said it is "basic common sense" that Pacquiao has used performance-enhancing drugs and getting in the ring with him would be a risk to his future health.

"Health is more important than anything," Mayweather said. "Because guess what? When my career is over, if I'm hurt because of something that has happened in a fight, I can't come to you and say, 'I need (money).' "

Mayweather's hardest point came when he admitted that he believes the boxing world doesn't even care if Pacquiao is using or not -- that the desire to see the two fight now surpasses any concern over his safety.

"People say, 'We don't give a f--- if he's taking or not; we just want to see the fight. We don't give a f--- about your health and we don't give a f--- about your family.' " Mayweather said.

"I care about my family. I love my family. They're going to be there when no one else is there. When my career is over, you're all going to move on to the next one."

link

:coleman: :facepalm :rolleyes:

Dolphin 05-02-2012 03:25 PM

Re: Floyd Mayweather won't risk health to fight Manny

Ya, but he's a very smart business man....and very smart business men can do whatever they want because they are very smart and business men and they did not become very smart business men by making very unwise business decisions so you must come to realize that this was the best business decision he could make or else why would he be considered a smart business man?

rezznor 05-02-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
link

:coleman: :facepalm :rolleyes:

he loves his family so much that he beats them.

Godzuki 05-02-2012 03:51 PM

boxing is just one gigantic con of a sport. its sad how all boxing fans are still waiting on this fight hoping/thinking it will happen, while getting marketed and con'd by the fighters/promoters dangling it an inch in front of their faces and then pulling it away time and again. its a constant promotional act of just bullshit.

and that last fight between hopkins/dawson was f'in awful. even with the 1st match being a WWE joke, the second one went on so long and was so boring to watch its just amazing how people love this garbage :facepalm

DonD13 05-02-2012 03:51 PM

Are there still people outthere that think Pac would have a chance against Floyd?
I mean he can't even beat Marquez and Floyd made Marquez looks like a bum that doesn't belong in a boxing ring winning every minute of every round...
and btw, what's the problem with taking the test??? :confusedshrug:

DMV2 05-02-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonD13
Are there still people outthere that think Pac would have a chance against Floyd?
I mean he can't even beat Marquez and Floyd made Marquez looks like a bum that doesn't belong in a boxing ring winning every minute of every round...

People just want them to fight. Hasn't Pacman said he's willing to take a blood drug test recently?

Cangri 05-02-2012 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DMV2
People just want them to fight. Hasn't Pacman said he's willing to take a blood drug test recently?

Pacquiao and Arum have contradicted themselves many times, I wouldn't trust anything they say.

sunsfan1357 05-02-2012 04:22 PM

I don't get why people post quotes from any of these guys, both sides are spewing bullshit constantly.

DuMa 05-02-2012 04:26 PM

they will eventually fight. theyre trying to squeeze the most money the can fighting the lower ranks that they havent beaten yet. they know once they eventually fight, the money making power isnt going to be there for the loser. so its not equally advantageous for each to fight each other yet.

so yes boxing is a con sport which theyre spewing constant bullshit trying to get viewers to buy PPV shares

SCREWstonRockets 05-02-2012 04:32 PM

WTF? Does Floyd think Manny will kill him or something? :roll:

The other guys Manny has fought came out alive after their match. I'm sure Floyd will be fine.

Tarik One 05-02-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
WTF? Does Floyd think Manny will kill him or something? :roll:

The other guys Manny has fought came out alive after their match. I'm sure Floyd will be fine.

Just like Cotto came out "fine" during his first bout with Margarito. Why agree to something where you know the opponent has an unfair advantage? That's not smart at all

DCL 05-02-2012 06:51 PM

both camps seem scared to fight each other. but mayweather is running away the fastest.

JMT 05-02-2012 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SCREWstonRockets
WTF? Does Floyd think Manny will kill him or something?

On the heels of yet another NFL player suicide, you might want to give some deeper thought to this stance.

DonDadda59 05-02-2012 07:03 PM

Not this again :rolleyes:

Both Floyd and Leonard Ellerbe (CEO of Mayweather promotions/Floyd's right hand man) have both gone on record saying that Pacquiao's side agreed to all testing protocols, and that was reiterated after the infamous phone call between Manny and Floyd were Floyd demanded 100% of the PPV and back end revenue :oldlol:

Floyd said the same thing in an interview with Bob Costas. Don't feel like looking it up but it's not hard to find. Costas asked him about Pacquiao and he said something along the lines of at this point in his career there are certain guys he shouldn't be fighting, that he didn't want to end up like Ali after taking unnecessary beatings later in his career.

Sounds like he views Pacquiao as an unnecessary risk, one that can be detrimental to his long term health. Don't know why he couldn't have just said that 3 years ago instead of doing the whole song and dance with OST, vacations, pricing himself out, etc.

BrooklynZoo 05-02-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonD13

if youre going by similar opponents, manny wins. come with something else