Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262441)

GreatGreg 05-06-2012 04:01 PM

So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

This year has been a disaster. Period. The absolute apocalypse case scenario has unfolded for the Bulls- Nothing can go worse at this point.

What can we do during the offseason to make sure that we'll be covered should something like this happen again?

KelticForce1349 05-06-2012 04:09 PM

Re: So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatGreg
This year has been a disaster. Period. The absolute apocalypse case scenario has unfolded for the Bulls- Nothing can go worse at this point.

What can we do during the offseason to make sure that we'll be covered should something like this happen again?

lol. Life just doesn't work that way man...not even in Basketball. :lol

GreatGreg 05-06-2012 04:12 PM

Re: So... Wth are we going to do during offseason to make sure this won't happen again?

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelticForce1349
lol. Life just doesn't work that way man...not even in Basketball. :lol

We have to bring in some kind of good offensive players in the offseason. We need a better backup Point guard and better back up Center- Watson and Asik are flaming hot basura, period.

Upgrayedd 05-06-2012 04:21 PM

Another superstar player. That's the only way teams win. As much as it pains me to say it, LeBron did the right thing. I don't like the way he did it and I still think he's an arrogant douchebag. But LeBron knew he needed the help. Rose and the Bulls are going to need another superstar player to pair with Rose to help lead the team to the championship. I really wish that player was Dwight Howard.

dak121 05-06-2012 04:22 PM

1) Get rid of Boozer for basically anyone with 2 or fewer years left on their contract. Even trade the Charlotte pick if it needed.

2) Offer the Magic Noah/Deng for Howard/Turkoglu and see if they bite.

3) Try to bring Mirotic over this summer. And give him consistent minutes for development, mistakes be damned.

4) Resign Gibson and make him the starting PF next season. Let Asik go if he gets a big offer (which I doubt).

5) Let Watson and Lucas III go and bring in some actual PGs. Brewer can also leave with Butler taking his minutes.

6) Get Thibodeau an offensive assistant. No more Skilesball PG chucking offense.

7) Hire a new training/medical staff. These jackasses torpedoed this season and next season with their incompetence.

Upgrayedd 05-06-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak121
1) Get rid of Boozer for basically anyone with 2 or fewer years left on their contract. Even trade the Charlotte pick if it needed.

2) Offer the Magic Noah/Deng for Howard/Turkoglu and see if they bite.

3) Try to bring Mirotic over this summer. And give him consistent minutes for development, mistakes be damned.

4) Resign Gibson and make him the starting PF next season. Let Asik go if he gets a big offer (which I doubt).

5) Let Watson and Lucas III go and bring in some actual PGs. Brewer can also leave with Butler taking his minutes.

6) Get Thibodeau an offensive assistant. No more Skilesball PG chucking offense.

7) Hire a new training/medical staff. These jackasses torpedoed this season and next season with their incompetence.

This.

Rose 05-06-2012 10:48 PM

I love how guys are turning their backs on Deng. :oldlol:

Dude's been progressively getting "worse" as the year went on, most likely due to his wrist. He NEEDS surgery, think about all the times players have deliberately hit it, or he's fallen on it. It's just aggravating it more. link

Next year when he eventually comes back after surgery, he should be good as new.

Go Getter 05-07-2012 12:01 AM

I love it how guys wait until trouble starts to start dogging our guys. They've played hard for us (the real fans) all year and gave us a lot to root for. Just because we've had a rash of bad luck injuries doesn't mean you abandon and/or berate your team.

Of course the management should be on a never ending quest to make the team better, but don't overreact and start blaming people for sprained ankles and busted knees.

It's not logical or loyal.

dee-rose 05-07-2012 01:07 AM

Nothing. You can't do anything to combat bad luck... Other than the pre-existing need for another ball-handler/creator, there's no point in making moves. Just wait for Rose/Deng to get surgery, heal up and hope that they come back strong for next year's playoffs.

If anything, try to flip Booz for something legit.
Oh and obviously try to get Dwight. That's a given though.

Go Getter 05-07-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee-rose
Nothing. You can't do anything to combat bad luck... Other than the pre-existing need for another ball-handler/creator, there's no point in making moves. Just wait for Rose/Deng to get surgery, heal up and hope that they come back strong for next year's playoffs.

If anything, try to flip Booz for something legit.
Oh and obviously try to get Dwight. That's a given though.

What about a tank job like the Spurs with Robinson?

Shut Luol down after the Olympics, let Rose heal ALL YEAR, miss the playoffs, get another #1 pick:D

J/k, your idea makes sense.

Crystallas 05-07-2012 05:49 AM

I'm all for a tank-job, as long as the players on this team can support the move. We wither have to be all in, or all out. We can't sit in limbo. If one of our long-term players, like Luol, Noah, Rose, can't get behind the option of tanking the season for a pick, then forget it. We'll create a bunch of cancerous players.

Go Getter 05-07-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystallas
I'm all for a tank-job, as long as the players on this team can support the move. We wither have to be all in, or all out. We can't sit in limbo. If one of our long-term players, like Luol, Noah, Rose, can't get behind the option of tanking the season for a pick, then forget it. We'll create a bunch of cancerous players.

No need to really put on a tank job on a team level.

Keep it at the Pax/Gar level.

I would:
  • Sit Rose down for the full year
  • Let Deng play in Olympics to postpone his wrist surgery
  • Keep our current PG situation
  • amnesty Boozer
  • Give Butler, Taj, and Noah expanded offensive duties
  • Hire every German doctor, Voodoo chile, Shaman, Rabbi, Priest, Pastor, Deacon, and well wisher I could find to pray over that left knee!

We don't have to tank, just miss the playoffs.

I would play it so safe, not play to lose, because that messes up our culture, but I'd try to cultivate our younger talents (Asik needs work too) while resting Rose until he is 100% healthy and then some.

dak121 05-07-2012 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Getter

I would:
  • amnesty Boozer
  • Hire every German doctor, Voodoo chile, Shaman, Rabbi, Priest, Pastor, Deacon, and well wisher I could find to pray over that left knee!

I would play it so safe, not play to lose, because that messes up our culture, but I'd try to cultivate our younger talents (Asik needs work too) while resting Rose until he is 100% healthy and then some.

Reinsdorf is too cheap to amnesty Boozer with all of those years left on his deal.

Bulls need to call Charlotte and see if they'll take Boozer for their expirings and DJ Augustin. Even if it means giving them back their pick from the Thomas trade.

Rose 05-07-2012 02:02 PM

Quote:

I would:
  • amnesty Boozer

This. Although Deng's gonna be out for quite some time considering he busted his wrist in late January right? Olympics are July...and he didn't want to miss that. So that's at best 6 months recovery time. That puts him into February with Rose. Amnestying Boozer for a tank makes total sense. Although if we're flirting with .500 and the playoffs, I'd much rather see us go into the playoffs and "upset" a higher seed.

Upgrayedd 05-07-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

I love it how guys wait until trouble starts to start dogging our guys. They've played hard for us (the real fans) all year and gave us a lot to root for. Just because we've had a rash of bad luck injuries doesn't mean you abandon and/or berate your team.

Of course the management should be on a never ending quest to make the team better, but don't overreact and start blaming people for sprained ankles and busted knees.

It's not logical or loyal.

You're the same type of idiot who wouldn't trade Noah for Dwight Howard because Noah is a team guy and he loves the Bulls. Please, enough with this shit. You can still be a fan of a team and point out their problems. The major problem is that other than Derrick Rose this team doesn't have a true superstar player and they're going nowhere without one. Once Rose goes down like he did in these playoffs it's just obvious how much the Bulls need someone like Dwight Howard.

It's funny how two great seasons makes people on here all of a sudden get ADD and forget how shitty this organization has been run since the Jordan era. Next thing you know you'll be claiming that John Paxson was a great GM. :rolleyes:

Yeah, tank next season... there's an idea. Rather than you know try and improve this current team through trades and signings? Sign a point guard who can replace Rose until he comes back and offer anyone but Rose to the Magic for Dwight Howard.