Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Most underrated player in the NFL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262849)

-p.tiddy- 05-09-2012 06:26 PM

Most underrated player in the NFL

best 3/4 end / DT in the NFL

better than Justin Smith...and even Nagta...better than Suh

I am not sure why he didn't get any cred last year...the man is just insane

this came up because I am currently in a fantasy keeper draft with IDPs that is starting, and he had better stats last year than any other 3/4 DE/DT in the league.

I can understand him not making the probowl, because that is just a popularity contest and studs get snubbed all the time...but him not getting a All-Pro nod is inexcusable.

QUIZZLE 05-09-2012 06:43 PM

Re: Most underrated player in the NFL

I'll also add

Carbine 05-09-2012 07:34 PM

How can a 1st team all-pro voted on by the media be underrated?

wagexslave 05-09-2012 08:49 PM

CALAIS! I love the guy. I hope the Cardinals hold onto him for his whole career.

I have season tickets to the Cardinals and every time the Cardinals win a home game Calais Campbell and his family go eat dinner at a restaurant near by the stadium called BJ's. It's become a tradition of theirs to go there and celebrate a win. I often go there after wins as well, so I run into him a lot. I've talked to him and he's a really nice guy. A real Gentle Giant type of person off the football field. Very humble, and not afraid to talk to fans and signs autographs and takes pictures with fans gladly with a smile on his face.

If he keeps up his beasting this year, I'll be seeing him at BJ's a lot! lol

QUIZZLE 05-09-2012 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
How can a 1st team all-pro voted on by the media be underrated?

I truthfully didn't realize he got voted all-pro. I was a little disappointed he wasn't voted DPOY though.

But even still, among fans, I don't think people show him enough love. Just my personal opinion Carbine. Yet again, I don't know Bowman in real life. He went to my university but I never talked to him or anything. He could actually not be good at football in real life. It's hard to say.

GOBB 05-09-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-

best 3/4 end / DT in the NFL

better than Justin Smith...and even Nagta...better than Suh.

No.

Jailblazers7 05-09-2012 09:03 PM

I'm truly shocked GOBB didnt agree with -pt-.

Heavincent 05-09-2012 10:40 PM

David Harris

MK2V1GP 05-09-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

I'm truly shocked prime started a thread that didn't involve a Dallas Cowboy.

I saw the thread title and who started it and said to myself, "Oh boy, I wonder which Cowboy he's pumping up now?"

-p.tiddy- 05-09-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Lol

I'm shocked he didn't mention my asshole

-p.tiddy- 05-09-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I'm truly shocked prime started a thread that didn't involve a Dallas Cowboy.

I saw the thread title and who started it and said to myself, "Oh boy, I wonder which Cowboy he's pumping up now?"

Did you double check to make sure he wasn't a Sooner?

RedBlackAttack 05-10-2012 01:11 AM

Not to be a total homer, but the correct answer is D'Qwell Jackson. He is one of the best linebackers in the league and I'm not sure anyone outside of Cleveland has ever watched him play.

UtahJazzFan88 05-10-2012 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Not to be a total homer, but the correct answer is D'Qwell Jackson. He is one of the best linebackers in the league and I'm not sure anyone outside of Cleveland has ever watched him play.

He was ripping it this year on my fantasy league team (it's a 19 player deep league). :pimp:

GOBB 05-10-2012 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Lol

I'm shocked he didn't mention my asshole

He's a good player and qualifies for underrated. Just think you go overboard when you try to prove that point by saying he's better than Ngata, Suh. Thats where the disagreement comes from.

RedBlackAttack 05-10-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
He was ripping it this year on my fantasy league team (it's a 19 player deep league). :pimp:

In 2011, he led the league in solo tackles (116) and was 2nd to London Fletcher in combined tackles (158). He also led all middle linebackers in tackles for loss.

He is a Pro Bowl caliber player... And he gets zero publicity.