Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   The blame thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262877)

BrooklynZoo 05-09-2012 09:54 PM

The blame thread

Who do you blame for the 4-1 first round exit vs the Heat?

Steve Novak - for not attempting any shots. Shit do you have to be wide open to put up a shot? One of the many who were gunshy in this series without someone setting him up.

Amare Stoudemire - for lack of impact. As one of the "stars" you gotta have a big impact on more than 1 game.

JR Smith - for missing everything. I dont blame him for taking the shots, as no1 else would, but you cant go 24/76..

Tyson Chandler - just kinda expected him to make more of a mark.

Scoooter 05-09-2012 10:11 PM

Re: The blame thread

Ultimately, the issue has been and will continue to be James Dolan. But since he isn't going anywhere...

Woodson. Just awful.

Melo. 8 first round exits in 9 years. Hey, we should build a team around that guy!

bluechox2 05-09-2012 10:21 PM

Woodson was terrible. his man love for bibby.

amare: seriously, you cant play like shit when you are one of the go to guys. poor decision making by injuring his had.

melo: try to add something more this offseason than just iso

injuries: may have taken away 1 more win

Rameek 05-09-2012 10:34 PM

Amazing a blame thread. :rolleyes:

The Knicks lost to a Championship Contender and Knick fans want to blame someone for us not winning. :roll:

The Knicks barely made the playoffs was a mediocre team all season but you lose 4-1 to a top 3 team in the league was reasonably competitive all things considered but there has to be a blame thread.

The Knicks was down to 1 PG but there has to be a blame thread.

Brilliant.:facepalm

Scoooter 05-09-2012 10:41 PM

The Knicks are supposed to be a championship contender.

Rameek 05-09-2012 10:53 PM

Stop it. This is embarrassing. Knick fans are better than this. I hope.

Scoooter 05-09-2012 10:56 PM

All we need now is CP3 and Kobe. Rings.

BrooklynZoo 05-09-2012 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
Amazing a blame thread. :rolleyes:

The Knicks lost to a Championship Contender and Knick fans want to blame someone for us not winning. :roll:

The Knicks barely made the playoffs was a mediocre team all season but you lose 4-1 to a top 3 team in the league was reasonably competitive all things considered but there has to be a blame thread.

The Knicks was down to 1 PG but there has to be a blame thread.

Brilliant.:facepalm

did i expect them to win the series? no. did players underperform? yes.

with that stance i hope u didnt blame anyone in any of your posts

if you like we can change the title of this thread to "reasons the knicks lost" but the blame thread seemed more interesting

Scoooter 05-09-2012 11:09 PM

Blame is more fun.

Rameek 05-09-2012 11:14 PM

WE LOST TO A BETTER TEAM. THEY HAVE BETTER PLAYERS. I DONT THINK ANYONE UNDER PERFORMED UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

I'll leave this thread but I know there has to be some smart knick fans around here somewhere.

Scoooter 05-09-2012 11:17 PM

What you're saying is accurate, but you're basically admitting that the Knicks aren't going to contend in the near future.

Because these are the guys.

BrooklynZoo 05-09-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
WE LOST TO A BETTER TEAM. THEY HAVE BETTER PLAYERS. I DONT THINK ANYONE UNDER PERFORMED UNDER THE CIRCUMSTANCES.

I'll leave this thread but I know there has to be some smart knick fans around here somewhere.

so i guess novak scoring less than 3ppg and JR shooting 32% didnt classify as underperforming. get over yourself

Rameek 05-09-2012 11:40 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Quote:

Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
so i guess novak scoring less than 3ppg and JR shooting 32% didnt classify as underperforming. get over yourself

Sarcastic 05-09-2012 11:41 PM

I blame the Giants for going on their Super Bowl run. Had they not captivated NY in January and taken all the headlines, then Mike D'Antoni would have been fired earlier in the year, and the Knicks would have started winning earlier and gotten a better seed.

Scoooter 05-09-2012 11:44 PM

Wasn't the idea to use the Superbowl as cover to fire D'antoni?