Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=262897)

BMOGEFan 05-10-2012 01:33 AM

Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
If it weren't for the fact that he actually made that shot,

what was he doing out there at the 3 point line instead of trying to grab the rebound?

That was one of the dumbest plays i've seen, but someone get applauded for it.

rawimpact 05-10-2012 01:35 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
If it weren't for the fact that he actually made that shot,

what was he doing out there at the 3 point line instead of trying to grab the rebound?

That was one of the dumbest plays i've seen, but someone get applauded for it.


that's how the lakers played back then, inside out. Shaq would draw the double kick it out to fisher, kobe, fox or shaw...

BMOGEFan 05-10-2012 01:39 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawimpact
that's how the lakers played back then, inside out. Shaq would draw the double kick it out to fisher, kobe, fox or shaw...


Dude were u born back then...it was a 2 point game with like 2 seconds to go.

its not about playing inside out..

its about not being in the right place but he was there at the right time.

L.Kizzle 05-10-2012 01:45 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
If it weren't for the fact that he actually made that shot,

what was he doing out there at the 3 point line instead of trying to grab the rebound?

That was one of the dumbest plays i've seen, but someone get applauded for it.

The real question should be why did Webb leave him to go in the paint?

BMOGEFan 05-10-2012 01:47 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
The real question should be why did Webb leave him to go in the paint?


Thats what chris should have done. that was the proper play. Trying to get the rebound on a 2 point game with 2 seconds to go.

RazorBaLade 05-10-2012 01:48 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
I see your point. It does kind of seem weird that on last second plays every single player isn't fighting for the rebound.

Big#50 05-10-2012 01:50 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Blame It on Divac.

rawimpact 05-10-2012 01:53 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
Dude were u born back then...it was a 2 point game with like 2 seconds to go.

its not about playing inside out..

its about not being in the right place but he was there at the right time.


Exactly dumbass, it's about getting a clean shot, not clogging the lane to get a rebound because there isn't enough time

BMOGEFan 05-10-2012 01:54 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by rawimpact
Exactly dumbass, it's about getting a clean shot, not clogging the lane to get a rebound because there isn't enough time

:biggums:

L.Kizzle 05-10-2012 01:55 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
Thats what chris should have done. that was the proper play. Trying to get the rebound on a 2 point game with 2 seconds to go.

So you should leave your man open to get a rebound, got ya.

bdreason 05-10-2012 01:57 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Never forget that shot. I was at my friends lake house. I didn't even like the Lakers and I was jumping around the room like a little kid for some reason.

BMOGEFan 05-10-2012 01:59 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
So you should leave your man open to get a rebound, got ya.


so in a 2 point game with less than 2 seconds left on the clock, you have kobe, shaq in the paint, trying to grab the rebound for a quick put back, but instead, a near 7 foot powerforward should step outside to the 3 point line to defend a low percentage chuck?

Horry did not do the right play, but was glorified for it.

BlueandGold 05-10-2012 02:03 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Answer to every retrospective question:

Because hindsight is 20/20

L.Kizzle 05-10-2012 02:05 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
so in a 2 point game with less than 2 seconds left on the clock, you have kobe, shaq in the paint, trying to grab the rebound for a quick put back, but instead, a near 7 foot powerforward should step outside to the 3 point line to defend a low percentage chuck?

Horry did not do the right play, but was glorified for it.

This was not PJ Brown Webber was guarding and left at the top of the key, this was a known clutch assassin in "Big Shot Bob."

And like you said, it was a 2 point game. The worst that could happen if Shaq get that board and put it back in was overtime. With Webb now in the pain, he's wide oped at the top of the key for jumper. If Webber is guarding him, that tipped board from Divac get's interrupted, or maybe even goin to Chris instead of Horry.

Moneyshot 05-10-2012 02:06 AM

Re: Robert Horry's shot that beat the Kings
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
Dude were u born back then...it was a 2 point game with like 2 seconds to go.

its not about playing inside out..

its about not being in the right place but he was there at the right time.



LOL, u dumb as shiite. 2 seconds to go, but somehow, kobe managed to drive and get a layup attempt, then shaq managed to get a rebound and miss a putback, and vlade managed to tap the ball out to horry to hit the 3. WOW LONG 2 FUKKING SECONDS.

Horry was doing what Horry does, and that's hit dagger 3's in your fukking eyeball. Get a clue kid.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy