Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Top 10 Pistons of the past 20 Years. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263053)

Aussie Dunker 05-11-2012 06:10 AM

Top 10 Pistons of the past 20 Years.

Who are the Top 10 Piston contributors of the past 20 years, and create a Depth chart if we had a past 20 year Piston super squad...

TheSilentKiller 05-14-2012 12:38 PM

Re: Top 10 Pistons of the past 20 Years.

Names that can't be left off (from oldest to newest):

Joe Dumars: Heart and soul of the 90s squad and still plays a role in the current team
Isiah Thomas: Towards the end of his career, but the most electrifying point guard in Pistons history
Lindsey Hunter: One of my favorite Pistons. Never a standout player, but played good defense and made smart plays on offense
Grant Hill: Loved the guy and hated to see him leave
Jerry Stackhouse: Man could he score. One of the few post 2000 Pistons capable of averaging 25 ppg
Corliss Williamson and Chucky Atkins: Two great role players who added depth to the championship team
Chauncey Billups, Tayshaun Prince, Ben Wallace, Rip Hamilton, Rasheed Wallace: These guys gave me the best basketball memories I have today. I watched most of their games and loved every second of it.

There are a whole bunch more that I didn't mention, but I guess my top ten in no particular order would be
Joe Dumars
Isiah Thomas
Grant Hill
Jerry Stackhouse
Chauncey Billups
Ben Wallace
Richard Hamilton
Tayshaun Prince
Rasheed Wallace
Lindsey Hunter

And here is my Pistons dream team for the last twenty years

PG: Billups/Thomas/Hunter
SG: Stackhouse/Hamilton/Dumars
SF: Hill/Prince
PF: Sheed/Okur/Williamson
C: Ben/Monroe

Aussie Dunker 05-15-2012 01:03 AM

Mate, your list looks nearly perfect, glad to see Hunter getting some well deserved props!!...

The only thin I would change about your squad is perhaps removing Okur (don't feel like he did too much with us) and replace him with McDyess. McDyess was the first big man of our bench during a 5 year stretch that we won more games in the league than any other East team. He was a solid defender, solid option on offense, good chemistry and great teamate. I would have him backing Sheed up...

Other than that, well done :cheers:

TheSilentKiller 05-15-2012 10:22 AM

Can't believe I forgot McDyess :hammerhead: .

As I was making my list, it brought back all sorts of good memories about the 2003-2007 Pistons. Joe Dumars needs to get our current squad in check so we can become a contender in the East again.

Aussie Dunker 05-15-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Can't believe I forgot McDyess :hammerhead: .

As I was making my list, it brought back all sorts of good memories about the 2003-2007 Pistons. Joe Dumars needs to get our current squad in check so we can become a contender in the East again.

Just need to get lucky in the draft mate, along with Monroe, Knight and Stuckey, that is a solid young core, should be back to the playoffs in 2 years time...