Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Can you cancel you account if your contract isn't over yet? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26332)

*Omni.Slasher* 01-16-2007 05:22 PM

OT: Can you cancel you account if your contract isn't over yet?

I got an account with T Mobile. It's a 2 year contract which started like 3 months ago. Would I be able to cancel my account?

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork 01-16-2007 05:23 PM

re

i think the buyout fee completely nullifies any benefit you may get.

rezznor 01-16-2007 05:26 PM

it's called a contract for a reason...

*Omni.Slasher* 01-16-2007 05:28 PM

Im not the only one that wanna get out of the contract. Surely it is possible. There was an article on how to do it. I will look for it.

nugsfreak 01-16-2007 05:39 PM

I used to work for t-mobile and their is a $150 cancellation fee per line, the only way you could possibly get out of your contract with out paying the fee is if your in the army and are going to iraq or you move and you don't have coverage at your new location and can prove it.

gsxr1kryder 01-16-2007 06:37 PM

okay. just for the record, i do not work for T Mobile, nor do play someone that does on T.V. I am not a T Mobile expert, just offering my past expierience with phone contracts.
sorry, had to put that, because a certain poster on here over reacted the last time I gave my opinion.

I wanted to cancel my contract early, because my phone broke and wouldn't work at all. we had 4 months left in our contract. I guaranteed them that if they canceled it, I would sign up for another 2 year contract with them.
They wanted no part of it. It was going to cost me 175 dollars for each phone on my line to cancel the contract.

so getting out of a contract is not easy at all.

Heretik32 01-16-2007 06:40 PM

It'd be utter nonsense if it was easy. The company basically gives you a free cell phone as exchange for you buying their services for a set period of time.

Now if you could just cancel your contract, they'd be giving away cell phones for free, no hooks attached. Not too clever, eh.

nugsfreak 01-16-2007 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gsxr1kryder
okay. just for the record, i do not work for T Mobile, nor do play someone that does on T.V. I am not a T Mobile expert, just offering my past expierience with phone contracts.
sorry, had to put that, because a certain poster on here over reacted the last time I gave my opinion.

I wanted to cancel my contract early, because my phone broke and wouldn't work at all. we had 4 months left in our contract. I guaranteed them that if they canceled it, I would sign up for another 2 year contract with them.
They wanted no part of it. It was going to cost me 175 dollars for each phone on my line to cancel the contract.

so getting out of a contract is not easy at all.

agreed, they make it as hard as possible to cancell your contract with them or any cell phone service.

one possible fix if that happened again is to go on ebay, find a phone you like and use it until your contract expires. it is much cheeper to do that and when your service is done you can either pick a new phone at a discounted price or go to a different carrier.

Ive seen used cell phones on ebay for as low as 10 dollars, granted they don't have the bells and whistles as some phones do but they get the job done until it your contract is over.

Timmeh 01-16-2007 07:34 PM

You can cancel it....they can't make you stay with them...the only setback is that it will really cost you.

Hot Shot Rox 01-17-2007 12:23 AM

I think it's a 200 dollar cancellation fee for T-mobile, I work there and I still don't know :roll: . I hear lots of people are cancelling their current carriers just for the IPHONE.

bigboi_baller 01-17-2007 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hot Shot Rox
I think it's a 200 dollar cancellation fee for T-mobile, I work there and I still don't know :roll: . I hear lots of people are cancelling their current carriers just for the IPHONE.

The IPhone isn't even out yet.

I bet this guy got fired...

Hot Shot Rox 01-17-2007 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
The IPhone isn't even out yet.

I bet this guy got fired...

My bad, I heard people are planning on terminating their contracts.

Diablo 3 01-17-2007 11:09 AM

if its over a year you can ask them to reduce the cancellation fee. it worked out for me.

for ur case. good luck.