Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Round 2: Thunder (2) Vs. Lakers (3) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263404)

lakerfreak 05-13-2012 07:31 PM

Round 2: Thunder (2) Vs. Lakers (3)

Well here it is. I personally don't feel too confident. Its time to be proven wrong once again. Discuss what you think.

talkingconch 05-13-2012 08:57 PM

Re: Round 2: Thunder (2) Vs. Lakers (3)

Dont feel that confident either. This Laker team is just too weak on the bench, fast transition teams run circles around us. If we can slow the game down, limit turnovers, Bynum and Gasol have to play at their peak. Sometimes we forget how big Bynum is, if this guy can play like a beast the Lakers can make the finals if they wanted to (Kenny Smith agreed with this the other night on TNT). Steve Blake needs to hit those open 3's as well as Metta. All this and it might be competitive. Lakers FO needs to get shooters off the bench for this team, and see what else is on the market because Gasol imo will be traded

LA.MJ&KB#1 05-13-2012 10:56 PM

One bright spot is that Perkins I believe is out the first couple games. Any knowns for sure?

Big_Dogg 05-14-2012 01:53 AM

I'm confident that if we play with a sense of urgency we can take game 1 in OKC, the long layoff for the Thunder may impact their rhythm and timing and if were ever going to steal a game this will be the one.

We have to win on their home court to take out the series, that's a given, if Metta/Barnes can at least limit Durant/Harden in their production, then all we really have to worry about is Westbrook, Ibaka and Perkins aren't going to worry us offensively but we need to make sure we don't give up too many O boards, we have to win it on the glass, if Pau and Drew can dominate their match ups we will be in good standing to cause the upset series win.

Go LAKERS!!!:rockon:

All Net 05-14-2012 04:15 AM

I think they are a nightmare matchup for us but hopefully I'm wrong too.

LA.MJ&KB#1 05-14-2012 09:47 AM

History has shown lack of energy, lazy and standing around will be our worst enemy. If we overcome those three issues, then we should be ok, but I wouldn't count on it.

4-2 OKC...Damn..

Could somebody please pinch or slap me, I just pick OKC to win the series. OKC will be pump up especially after MWP and Harden situation.

Eat Like A Bosh 05-14-2012 12:11 PM

The Thunder are essentially the Nuggets but with star power, and better players at almost every position. The Thunder are coming off a full week's rest after the sweep, while the Lakers only have 1 day off after their series before they have to fly to OKC. No to mention the Thunder are younger. I don't like our chances in this. Right now I'm going with OKC in 6.

However, if the Lakers walk out of OKC with the series tied at 1-1, then I'm going with Lakers in 7.

DKLaker 05-14-2012 01:17 PM

It actually is an advantage to be the team that had to fight their way through an extended series instead of the team that had over a week off, I've seen way too many teams come out rusty from having no real competition for awhile.
Practice does not simulate the speed, pace and energy of a real game.
The OKC crowd may get the home team too ramped up for the game.
The Lakers best shot in the first 2 games is definitely tonight.

magicmanfan 05-14-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eat Like A Bosh
The Thunder are essentially the Nuggets but with star power, and better players at almost every position.

I disagree, I think our starters are better, but their bench is deeper....

IF AND ONLY IF we hustle our a$$es off, are we victorious.......

It's all coming down to effort.....

LA.MJ&KB#1 05-14-2012 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
It actually is an advantage to be the team that had to fight their way through an extended series instead of the team that had over a week off, I've seen way too many teams come out rusty from having no real competition for awhile.

Bro I totally agree with you. The lakers must win tonight and catch OKC sleeping due to lack of playing time. History has shown to much time off in the NBA isn't good. I hope we come to play and take game one. My only problem I feel OKC will be pump up over MWP/Harden situation.

Crown&Coke 05-14-2012 03:50 PM

the Thunder were built to beat LA

Lets not talk about their drafts, they simply killed all except maybe the Cole Aldrich pick which was a mid first and was a need at the time.

they traded for Thabo for perimeter defense against the best perimeter player at the time, one Mr. Bryant, anyone heard of him?

they traded for Perk for interior defense against the best interior offensive team in the league at the time, those damn Lakers again.

They play a style that always kills the Lakers, fast and athletic

They got one bench player that will outscore the entire LA bench in at least 3 games of the series.

This is a matchup nightmare. Unless LA can make it a half court game, and Kobe doesn't get too tired against Goatbrook, and Bynum and Gasol don't play like 16 years olds, LA has a shot, but thats a lot of ifs

Crown&Coke 05-14-2012 03:52 PM

One key though, OKC can get too turnover prone, LA needs to take advantage and press a little with the second unit.

and, Westbrook is a scorer, he won't pass if something goes wrong. the one of the very first possessions in the last OKC vs LA game, he drove the baseline, dropped a pass right to Perkins who just dropped it out of bounds and gave Russ a funny look. Russ looked at him and said "so you don't want it?" and proceeded to not pass to him again the entire game (which was probably the right move :lol )

Sessions better come to play, he can be a difference maker with his speed

Crown&Coke 05-14-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
History has shown lack of energy, lazy and standing around will be our worst enemy. If we overcome those three issues, then we should be ok, but I wouldn't count on it.

4-2 OKC...Damn..

Could somebody please pinch or slap me, I just pick OKC to win the series. OKC will be pump up especially after MWP and Harden situation.

you've just been e-slapped!

I hear ya on the first part. But I hope thats just against inferior teams. I know, there is no "switch" but for the sake of our team, I am hoping the Lakers indeed have one this time

lakerfreak 05-14-2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker

I do agree with this but the problem is, rusty or not, Oklahoma has players that are younger, better, and have been used to their coach's system for quite a while now. Anything is possible with Kobe Bryant on a team, but the denver series showed me how hard he had to work to look like only 90% of what he used to be so good at. I do think lakers have smarter players, better passers, but it will be hard for them.

However, I do think it will be hard for OKC as well...

TryToBeUnbias 05-14-2012 06:03 PM

Expect a better series from Bynum offensively.