Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   My sister won the Special Mother Award (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263494)

Anti Hero 05-14-2012 04:21 PM

My sister won the Special Mother Award

Come check it out.

back story: My sister and her husband were unable to have children. My sister was pretty depressed about the whole situation but fought through it. She was talked into going to a camp where foster children get re-united with their siblings. There she met 3 siblings and fell in love.

Here's the video of her receiving the award:
youtube

Here's the audio of a local podcast talking about her receiving the award:
Mark and Mercedes Podcast Audio

TL;DR version, here's some stuff about my sister adopting children that people liked. Watch and Listen please and thank you.

rawimpact 05-14-2012 04:32 PM

Re: My sister won the Special Mother Award

special mother? Is she retarded?

kidding, congrats to her.

BoogieWoogieMan 05-14-2012 04:38 PM

Congrats to your sister, Anti-Hero. :applause:

RidonKs 05-14-2012 05:14 PM

i just had a conversation with a friend about raising a child who wasn't your own. another buddy of ours, the three of us have been friends since beginning school, just started dating a girl he's known for years who now has a kid of a few years old. he's 23 like us and to me and my friend, the mere idea of dating a woman with a child was just absurd and beyond the realm of possibility. yet here is our friend, and who knows how long he'll be in this relationship, but he's doing it anyway and all the power to him.

seeing this thread just underlines how hard it must be for a sterile person to realize their own nature and come to terms with adoption or artificial insemination or whichever route they wind up taking. your sister obviously convinced herself to take a chance on this camp and reaped the rewards of coming to understand that it isn't the fact that the sperm meets her egg and eventually worms its way out of her v@gina that makes the children her own... there's ways to becoming a parent that have absolutely nothing to do with that.

good for her man

:roll: @ "thats a lie"

was that you anti-hero?

also, not the time or the place or the circumstances, but based on that grainy video... gotdayum

Anti Hero 05-14-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RidonKs
i just had a conversation with a friend about raising a child who wasn't your own. another buddy of ours, the three of us have been friends since beginning school, just started dating a girl he's known for years who now has a kid of a few years old. he's 23 like us and to me and my friend, the mere idea of dating a woman with a child was just absurd and beyond the realm of possibility. yet here is our friend, and who knows how long he'll be in this relationship, but he's doing it anyway and all the power to him.

seeing this thread just underlines how hard it must be for a sterile person to realize their own nature and come to terms with adoption or artificial insemination or whichever route they wind up taking. your sister obviously convinced herself to take a chance on this camp and reaped the rewards of coming to understand that it isn't the fact that the sperm meets the egg and eventually worms its way out of her v@gina that makes the children her own... there's ways to becoming a parent that have absolutely nothing to do with that.

good for her man

:roll: @ "thats a lie"

was that you anti-hero?

also, not the time or the place or the circumstances, but based on that grainy video... gotdayum

No, that was her husband :oldlol:

Rnbizzle 05-14-2012 05:21 PM

I'd hit it

TheSilentKiller 05-14-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
I'd hit it and quit it

Fixed

Toizumi 05-14-2012 05:44 PM

Your sister did good and your cousins got some bad mohawks. Also, seems like the kids are close. I hope all stays well for all of them.
How old is your sister and how old is the oldest son? They look like they could be close in age judging by that (bad quality) vid.

Anti Hero 05-14-2012 05:46 PM

My sister is 33, the oldest boy is 15

Rose 05-14-2012 05:53 PM

Awesome.:applause: :applause:

nathanjizzle 05-14-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toizumi
Your sister did good and your cousins got some bad mohawks. Also, seems like the kids are close. I hope all stays well for all of them.
How old is your sister and how old is the oldest son? They look like they could be close in age judging by that (bad quality) vid.

inbred, you must not know the difference between nephews and cousins.

franchise#3 05-14-2012 06:53 PM

Congrats. Your sister is pretty attractive.

highwhey 05-14-2012 07:00 PM

congrats to your sis man, genuine happiness cannot be beaten.

Anti Hero 05-14-2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise#3
Congrats. Your sister is pretty attractive.

We're a family of sexy bitches. :pimp:

Draz 05-15-2012 12:10 AM

The real question is, anti would you hit it?