Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   James White with the 26th pick (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2654)

LakerFan1086 06-24-2006 01:21 AM

James White with the 26th pick

Reportedly, the lakers are really intrested in taking James White with the 26th pick and have said to be really impressed with his athletic ability and his 7-foot wingspan. Phil Jackson also said that they need a perimiter based player that can play the wing.

What do you guys think about this one?

lakerfreak 06-24-2006 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LakerFan1086
Reportedly, the lakers are really intrested in taking James White with the 26th pick and have said to be really impressed with his athletic ability and his 7-foot wingspan. Phil Jackson also said that they need a perimiter based player that can play the wing.

What do you guys think about this one?

once again i need a stat report on this guy...someone help me out here

sorry for being a pain but i barely know non NBA players

sydneyking 06-24-2006 01:36 AM

I read it as well (at Draft Express).

Lakers could do better by signing a wing like DeShawn, Qyntel or Ariza and then drafting Dee Brown.

Kobe and Dee would be a nightmare matchup for opposing perimeter players.

lakerfreak 06-24-2006 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneyking
I read it as well (at Draft Express).

Lakers could do better by signing a wing like DeShawn, Qyntel or Ariza and then drafting Dee Brown.

Kobe and Dee would be a nightmare matchup for opposing perimeter players.

Dee Brown is a ball hog.

I'd rather have Smush. I saw Dee Brown play some of the worst games this year and lose to teams that werent a top 25.

he's a second rounder at best

Kobe#1fan 06-24-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
once again i need a stat report on this guy...someone help me out here

sorry for being a pain but i barely know non NBA players

#21 James White | G-F
Full Name: James White
Birth Place: Kensington, MD
Height: 6-7
Weight: 200 lbs. Position: Guard/Forward
Class: Senior

PPG 16.3 | APG 2.0 | RPG 5.1

He won the college dunk contest this year. He is the greatest leaper I ever seen including MJ. he has a deadly turnaround jumper never takes bad shots and has jason kidd speed while switching directions, and can't really hit the three ball.

traditionone 06-25-2006 05:04 PM

James White is versatile and he can end up being the best defender to emerge from this draft class.

If they're sure Marcus Banks is going to sign with them, then drafting a wing player makes the most sense. James White is as good as anybody they can get at their current spot.

lakerfreak 06-25-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
James White is versatile and he can end up being the best defender to emerge from this draft class.

If they're sure Marcus Banks is going to sign with them, then drafting a wing player makes the most sense. James White is as good as anybody they can get at their current spot.

Another swing player? We might already get people like rush and profit. Also Smush can be a swing man. I dont see why we would need another one.

We should get a Big that plays PF and the Center position.

SoCalMike 06-25-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

I'd rather have Smush. I saw Dee Brown play some of the worst games this year and lose to teams that werent a top 25.
he's a second rounder at best

While Smush played better than anyone expected last season, unless he improves significantly for next season, I dont see him as a starter. He is clearly a second string player. We need a legit starter at that position.

-Mike in SoCal

traditionone 06-25-2006 09:10 PM

Quote:

Another swing player? We might already get people like rush and profit. Also Smush can be a swing man. I dont see why we would need another one.

We should get a Big that plays PF and the Center position.

I understand what you're saying, but we also might not get Rush or Profit. I would like to get a big, but I wouldn't reach for one. Josh Boone or Kevin Pittsnogle is a possibility at 26. Boone has been unimpressive and Pittsnogle is a Brian Cook clone. Joel Freeland is an intriguing prospect. The more I learn about him, the more I like him. He has more upside than any other big man they can late in the late first round.

lakerfreak 06-26-2006 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by traditionone
I understand what you're saying, but we also might not get Rush or Profit. I would like to get a big, but I wouldn't reach for one. Josh Boone or Kevin Pittsnogle is a possibility at 26. Boone has been unimpressive and Pittsnogle is a Brian Cook clone. Joel Freeland is an intriguing prospect. The more I learn about him, the more I like him. He has more upside than any other big man they can late in the late first round.

I just think though that we have enough swing men as it is...its kinda deep.

unless u get a bunch if swing players that all know how to run the point...that would be a major plus.

lakerfreak 06-26-2006 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoCalMike
While Smush played better than anyone expected last season, unless he improves significantly for next season, I dont see him as a starter. He is clearly a second string player. We need a legit starter at that position.

-Mike in SoCal

its just my opinion though.

im just saying Dee brown can look really selfish at times shooting horrible shots.

many airballs. I think he should stay in school...what year of college is he in
???

AIR SETH 06-26-2006 03:28 PM

Dee Brown just finished his fourth year at Illinois.

BOOHYAH310 06-26-2006 04:42 PM

Hopefully they pick someone that can create their own offense when Kobe is getting doubled and triple teamed. Especially in situations like this years playoffs, where he was passing and nobody was hitting. The Lakers really need a dependable shooter.

If Dee can do that then I say pick him.

If Bynum can develop and spell Mihm or Kwame for at least 15 min a game. Then maybe the Lakes can do another year without having to draft a big.

lakerfreak 06-27-2006 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOOHYAH310
Hopefully they pick someone that can create their own offense when Kobe is getting doubled and triple teamed. Especially in situations like this years playoffs, where he was passing and nobody was hitting. The Lakers really need a dependable shooter.

Lamar can already create his own offense. If we get a third guy to do that we'd be a great team. But Dee brown, I would only take him in the second round if he's still available but i don't think he's good enough to start in the NBA