Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   2012 NBA Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265872)

ljsbb27 06-01-2012 12:03 AM

2012 NBA Draft

I'm very excited about the upcoming draft and I think the Bulls front office should be as well.

There are three teams with two picks in the top 16 giving the Bulls a very good chance to swing a deal to move up to get a young impact player who could possibly turn into a star to pair with DRose for the future.

New Orleans has #1 and #10 so they might be looking to deal #10.

Portland has #6 and #11 so they might be looking to deal #11.

Houston has #14 and #16 so they might be looking to deal #16.

These are relatively young teams who don't want to get even younger with two more picks. They may be looking to get a few veterans to add to the mix and maybe we add our pick or our Charlotte pick to the deal to make it a better proposition.

We could surely get one of the top 4-5 shooting guards in the draft in that range. Brad Beal, Jeremy Lamb, Terrence Ross, Austin Rivers, or Dion Waiters.

If we don't pull off a trade I'd like for Evan Fournier to fall to us.
19 year old French shooting guard who reminds people a lot of Manu Ginobli.
We could keep him over in Europe for a few years to develop along with Nikola Mirotic and then bringing them over at the same time would be a really nice boost to the team when that time comes.

ljsbb27 06-06-2012 12:08 PM

Re: 2012 NBA Draft

Warriors are said to be looking to deal their #7 pick, Dorrell Wright, and one of their other picks in the 30's. They are also said to be interested in Luol Deng. Should we consider it?

Dorrell Wright is a decent starting caliber SF in this league and a very good 3-point shooter.

#7 pick can net us a future star to pair with DRose.

The other pick in the 30's can grab us some more cheap depth to replace guys like Watson, Brewer and Korver if we decide to let them walk to save money.

Rose 06-06-2012 12:54 PM

I'd consider dealing Deng. Wright's okay. But Deng is somewhat more replaceable with Jimmy on the team. But the main part of what Deng is doesn't show up on paper.

I mean he's the defensive leader, TERRIFIC in the 4th quarters, and before his hand injury really took a hold on him, he was looking pretty damn good offensively anyways.

If Beal falls, I probably would. and nbadraft.net has him there. No one else I think really warrants it. I know people love Lamb, but I'm not too big on the guy. I question a lot about him.

idizzle 06-06-2012 12:54 PM

Orlando Johnson is a guy the Bulls should look out for. I actually thought he would declare for the draft last year. Im not putting my hopes on a rookie SG to save the Bulls but I think he would be a nice pick up. He played 4yrs of college ball so that will help his transition into the NBA even better.

ljsbb27 06-07-2012 04:14 PM

Bulls trade Luol Deng, Carlos Boozer and the Charlotte pick to the Warriors for David Lee, Richard Jefferson, Dorell Wright and the #7 pick.

Let Watson, Brewer, Korver, Scalabrine, and Lucas walk.
Match any offer for Asik to bring him back long term and extend Gibson to keep him here long term as well.

Sign Kirk Hinrich, Antwan Jamison and Marcus Camby
Draft Jeremy Lamb at #7 and Tyshawn Taylor at #29.

Bulls:

Rose - Hinrich - Taylor

Hamilton - Lamb

Jefferson - Wright - Butler

Lee - Gibson - Jamison

Noah - Asik - Camby

ljsbb27 06-07-2012 04:20 PM

Bulls get younger, healthier, more athletic and save money with that deal.

We get Lamb our shooting guard of the future to learn behind Rip for now and then be ready to step in once Rip leaves.

We get Taylor as a young point guard to grow into being Derrick's long-term backup.

Saving money makes it easier to make sure we bring back both Asik and Gibson back long term to continue to have the best big-man rotation in the league.

We replace Boozer with Lee who is younger, more athletic, makes less money, can bring the same stuff offensively, is just as good of a rebounder and provides better defense.

Wright and Jefferson aren't as good as Deng, but the combination of the two along with Butler are worth the small downgrade when all of the other positives of the overall deal are taken into account.

Jefferson replaces Brewer's defense.
Wright replaces Korver's shooting.

Hinrich, Jamison and Camby are all veterans that bring a lot of experience to the table but at the same time can still contribute on the court.

idizzle 06-07-2012 08:57 PM

K.C. Johnson: Oregon State's Jared Cunningham on Bulls workout: "I can fit their needs of being an athletic combo guard. That's what they're looking for." Twitter

KC Johnson: Xavier's Tu Holloway on Monday workout: "With Derrick Rose hurt, they told me they’re definitely looking for more guys in the backcourt." Twitter

Rose 06-08-2012 12:18 AM

They had wayyy too many guards invited today, that I've never watched.:lol

Also I like how Fab Melo said he was gonna come back for another go around, maybe his motor is finally starting.

Rose 06-08-2012 01:52 PM

KC Johnson said that Harrison Barnes met with the Bulls organization yesterday, there may be some truth to that Deng deal, afterall.

ljsbb27 06-08-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rose
KC Johnson said that Harrison Barnes met with the Bulls organization yesterday, there may be some truth to that Deng deal, afterall.

Draft Harrison Barnes to take Deng's role. I'm unsure of Harrison Barnes. As a North Carolina fan i've watched practically every single one of his collegiate games and I'm still not sure.

He had games where he amazed me and I thought for sure he'd turn into an All-Star in the NBA, but then there were other games where he would just disappear and not show up and take over when needed.

If he applies himself, continues to have a good work ethic while working on his body he will turn into a very good player, but if not he could be average.

Potential to be Paul Pierce but can very well turn into Marvin Williams.

I'd be happy if we picked him, I know that our staff and our roster would help him I would just hope that he would really push himself.

ljsbb27 06-08-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idizzle
K.C. Johnson: Oregon State's Jared Cunningham on Bulls workout: "I can fit their needs of being an athletic combo guard. That's what they're looking for." Twitter

KC Johnson: Xavier's Tu Holloway on Monday workout: "With Derrick Rose hurt, they told me they’re definitely looking for more guys in the backcourt." Twitter

Jared Cunningham looked very impressive from what I saw of him during the Draft Combine.

ConanRulesNBC 06-08-2012 11:46 PM

The Bulls need a 6' 5"/6' 6"/6' 7" shooting guard who can put up 20 PPG.

Who is out there in the draft that fits that description? Even if they don't come in right away and put up 20 PPG. Who is in the draft that could eventually be a player that can score?

Rose 06-08-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Draft Harrison Barnes to take Deng's role. I'm unsure of Harrison Barnes. As a North Carolina fan i've watched practically every single one of his collegiate games and I'm still not sure.

He had games where he amazed me and I thought for sure he'd turn into an All-Star in the NBA, but then there were other games where he would just disappear and not show up and take over when needed.

If he applies himself, continues to have a good work ethic while working on his body he will turn into a very good player, but if not he could be average.

Potential to be Paul Pierce but can very well turn into Marvin Williams.

I'd be happy if we picked him, I know that our staff and our roster would help him I would just hope that he would really push himself.

I feel the same exact way, except I've seen maybe 10-12, because I hate UNC and refuse to watch them outside of the duke games, ACC finals, and the big dance.:lol

I was pretty sure he was gonna be a good scorer at the next level. A guy who could shoot from anywhere and drive efficiently enough. But then at times like you said, he looks like a bust. Which I mean any guy can turn into a bust so that's whatever.

Added more/deleted some.:
Last year I definitely he was a bust because people were saying OH he's the next Kobe. and i was like ehh. I thought he was too short, and he didn't measure out well so maybe not. After reading his measurements, and having watched a handful of his games a rather small sample size, I don't like it.

He was 6'8 with a 6'11 wingspan not THAT good, but obviously not bad either and kinda skinny but with 9.8% body fat. I'd rather safely keep Deng, if he's the pick. Now if Beal falls, I'd take that trade pretty fast. Try and swing a deal for Ariza to at least keep the defensive side of Deng, and pray for the best with Rose, and when Mirotic comes over see what we got.

Rose 06-08-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Jared Cunningham looked very impressive from what I saw of him during the Draft Combine.

Supposedly he's rising up the boards fast, I tried to find his and some other guys measurements and can't find them. you got a link?

Crystallas 06-09-2012 02:24 AM

SHHHHH! Dammit Bulls, they aren't supposed to give away that Tu Holloway is going to be a steal in this draft.