Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Most Overrated College Player (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26593)

Bulls_Fan20 01-18-2007 12:31 PM

Most Overrated College Player

Who do you think is the most overrated player in college hoops that is expected to be drafted next year?

My vote would go to Joakim Noah. I don't really think he will amount to anything in the NBA. His outside shot is no good, and the only thing he has going for him is his height, not to mention he looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Younggrease 01-18-2007 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Who do you think is the most overrated player in college hoops that is expected to be drafted next year?

My vote would go to Joakim Noah. I don't really think he will amount to anything in the NBA. His outside shot is no good, and the only thing he has going for him is his height, not to mention he looks like the Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Between him and Aaron Gray from Pitt

darkhorse is Greg Oden because people rate him ridiculously high and he has proven nothing to garner that rating. Seems like every1 automatically gave him the benefit of the doubt when as of now he isnt the best player in college bball

Spike Spiegel 01-18-2007 12:34 PM

Definately Aaron Gray. Our marshmellow center dropped around 27 and 10 on him.

Da KO King 01-18-2007 12:34 PM

It has to eb either Noah or Oden. Oden will be good but people act like he's going to average 30 and 20 as a rookie. Noah will be solid but I don't think he's production will be worth the top 4 pick he'll likely be.

Da KO King 01-18-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Younggrease
Between him and Aaron Gray from Pitt

darkhorse is Greg Oden because people rate him ridiculously high and he has proven nothing to garner that rating. Seems like every1 automatically gave him the benefit of the doubt when as of now he isnt the best player in college bball

Gray??? You mean some people still think he'll be more than a poor man's Brendan Haywood?

wang4three 01-18-2007 12:35 PM

Noah will be good and a fine center/power forward in this league. I agree with Spike about Aaron Gray, and possibly Nick Fazekus.

Younggrease 01-18-2007 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wang4three
Noah will be good and a fine center/power forward in this league. I agree with Spike about Aaron Gray, and possibly Nick Fazekus.

what do you mean by fine? because if you mean he wont ever be an all star than i agree.

IBall280 01-18-2007 12:42 PM

my vote goes to gray b/c noah is really good and strong + national championship experience that not many other of those good players can say they had... NOAH will be pretty good in the NBA. Gray will be a bust in the draft.

Younggrease 01-18-2007 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IBall280
my vote goes to gray b/c noah is really good and strong + national championship experience that not many other of those good players can say they had... NOAH will be pretty good in the NBA. Gray will be a bust in the draft.

but gray will drafted aroung 15, while Noah is a top 3-4 pick

Da KO King 01-18-2007 12:46 PM

Quote:

but gray will drafted aroung 15, while Noah is a top 3-4 pick

Gray going around 15??? You for real? :lol: Where did you read this? Someone is setting themselves up for a huge let down drafting that kid.

Younggrease 01-18-2007 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da KO King
Gray going around 15??? You for real? :lol: Where did you read this? Someone is setting themselves up for a huge let down drafting that kid.

It was on nbadraft.net, a few months ago they had him at 7.
draft express has him at 14

Da KO King 01-18-2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

It was on nbadraft.net, a few months ago they had him at 7.
draft express has him at 14

:wtf: Damn, is the prospect list at center really that damn weak?

glidedrxlr22 01-18-2007 01:01 PM

Josh McRoberts-Duke

dak121 01-18-2007 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Josh McRoberts-Duke

Not a bad pick. And I can't believe a school like Duke is starting a backup like Greg Paulus. He should've played football.

hwliuLAP 01-18-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
Josh McRoberts-Duke

co-sign

Noah come somewhat play D tho
which is rare for college players