Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Ubisoft's Watch Dogs (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266638)

Thorpesaurous 06-07-2012 09:57 AM

Ubisoft's Watch Dogs

This has been the steal the show stuff from E3 this year, and there's a nearly 10 minute video of seemingly game play footage.

Ubisoft is a pretty damn reliable house, considering the quality of the Assassin's Creed games, even if they are a bit repetitive in their design.

Like AC, this thing appears to be open world. And from the footage, it appears the Chicago city they've built (which by the way is a great city for an open world game, and one I thought would be cool for the next GTA when no one knew it was gonna be a redo), looks to be teeming with life and interactivity (which may not be a word).

The story appears really compelling, as it looks like a play off of the Big Brother concept, something inspired by the flick Enemy of the State (with Gene Hackman and Will Smith). Set in the not so distant future, it also seems loaded with cool gadgets to use.

And on the gameplay front the way it seems to point on the interactivity on screen looks like something pretty innovative.

I found this looking for footage of The Last Of Us, and now I'm at least as intrigued by this if not more so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcMRkyoHKeA

Loneshot 06-07-2012 10:23 AM

Re: Ubisoft's Watch Dogs

What console is it on though; so far i've not seen whether its this gen or not.

Thorpesaurous 06-07-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneshot
What console is it on though; so far i've not seen whether its this gen or not.

No one is saying just yet. The demo was played on a PS3. There's a ton of speculation that this is aiming for Next Gen consoles, but I haven't read anything concrete that would verify that. I've also read articles that conclude with the nebulus statement that it's being put together to release on PC, 360, and PS3.

jbot 06-07-2012 04:07 PM

that demo i watched was insane! most realistic game i've seen so far.

Heavincent 06-07-2012 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
No one is saying just yet. The demo was played on a PS3.

No it wasn't. It was played on a high end PC.

$LakerGold 06-07-2012 04:45 PM

Wow.... NICEEEE... HOOOOOOLYYYYYYYYYY SHITTTTTT!!

jaydacris 06-07-2012 04:47 PM

I'm guessing they are currently developing it for PC right now, and then port it over when they get the next Gen console software development kits

Skywalker 06-08-2012 10:54 PM

omg this and the last of us got me hyped

Story Up 06-09-2012 09:38 AM

The Last OF Us, Watch Dogs, Blacklist, Hitman and GTA5 are musts on my list.
WD looks flawless but let's see the final product, TLOU is my #1, adventure & ND are must haves.

Dishonored looked great too for an RPG, GOW looked same old and AC/Halo can suck my balls.

franchise#3 06-09-2012 01:02 PM

^^ Halo 4 will change the way we view games.

Rose 06-09-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchise#3
^^ Halo 4 will change the way we view games.

Are you talking graphically or storyline?

Graphically it's better than all the other Halos, buy by no means even in the best 5 looking 360 games.

CelticBaller 06-09-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Story Up
The Last OF Us, Watch Dogs, Blacklist, Hitman and GTA5 are musts on my list.
WD looks flawless but let's see the final product, TLOU is my #1, adventure & ND are must haves.

Dishonored looked great too for an RPG, GOW looked same old and AC/Halo can suck my balls.

sucks that this generation is coming to an end.

rhythmic †hesis 06-09-2012 03:30 PM

Even my mom who has never played a video game in her life was intrigued by the Watch Dogs gameplay on E3.

That game looks insane, I have never seen anything like it. I thought I was watching a movie trailer at first, before realizing it was a game.

Blacklist is next on my list and of course GTA 5/The Last Of Us.

Will get Halo 4 and AC only because I played all the previous titles and am loyal to the series. It's no Max Payne or Uncharted, but I still enjoy them.

$LakerGold 06-09-2012 09:08 PM

I noticed they also had the electric/static visual thing like the Assassin's Creed :D just sayin lol

Draz 06-09-2012 10:33 PM

Looks beautiful holy ***