Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   NBA draft combine (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=266703)

GOBB 06-07-2012 06:44 PM

NBA draft combine

Did anyone get a chance to check this out today?

Clippersfan86 06-07-2012 07:14 PM

Re: NBA draft combine

I think it was on a special ESPN university channel so no :( . I guess the good players like Beal are doing it tonight or tomorrow though?

outbreak 06-07-2012 07:38 PM

Draft express or draft net (i forget which) has a report on it. Nothing too interesting though besides Wroten apparently not being able to come anywhere near hitting 3's from NBA range.

chips93 06-07-2012 07:55 PM

i dont think its worth watching, anything of note will come out in the next couple days, measurements, interviews that kind of thing

KG215 06-07-2012 07:56 PM

Some Chad Ford Tweets.

https://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider

Quote:

Harrison Barnes measured 6-8 with 6-11.5 wing. Will have all 60 players measurements tomorrow

Quote:

Thomas Robinson measures 6-9 with a crazy 7-3 wingspan today. That should end any concerns about his size at the 4

Quote:

Waiters one of the few guys in the draft that could be an elite scorer. He's No. 8 on our Big Board

Quote:

Not surprised to see a team lock-up Waiters. After more game film and seeing him dominate in Vegas, teams were going to fall in love

Quote:

Lots of teams buzzing about a Dion Waiters promise. Teams say he's canceled all upcoming workouts. Blazers, Raptors, Suns all suspects

Quote:

Who impressed at #NBACombine ? Damian Lillard, Perry Jones, Terrence Ross, Meyers Leonard, Moe Harkless, Andrew Nicholson, Jared Cunningham

I've seen some posters mention Thomas Robinson is too small to be a good NBA PF, or at least one worth a top 3-5 pick. I don't know where they got that from because he always looked like he was a legit 6'9"ish to me when I watched them play. But when you combine that with a 7'3" wingspan and his great athleticism and leaping ability, then he's more than big enough to play PF in the NBA.

Apparently Dion Waiters is shooting up draft boards. That's kind of a surprise but he also didn't stand out as much playing for a deep Syracuse team who didn't have one true star or superstar.

Oh, and I'm a little surprised to see Barnes measured at a legit 6'8". Some said he might actually be closer to 6'6" in socks. Of course the 6'8" measurement might have been in shoes, it doesn't clarify.

Clippersfan86 06-07-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KG215
Some Chad Ford Tweets.

https://twitter.com/#!/chadfordinsider

I've seen some posters mention Thomas Robinson is too small to be a good NBA PF, or at least one worth a top 3-5 pick. I don't know where they got that from because he always looked like he was a legit 6'9"ish to me when I watched them play. But when you combine that with a 7'3" wingspan and his great athleticism and leaping ability, then he's more than big enough to play PF in the NBA.

Apparently Dion Waiters is shooting up draft boards. That's kind of a surprise but he also didn't stand out as much playing for a deep Syracuse team who didn't have one true star or superstar.

Oh, and I'm a little surprised to see Barnes measured at a legit 6'8". Some said he might actually be closer to 6'6" in socks. Of course the 6'8" measurement might have been in shoes, it doesn't clarify.

Elton Brand averaged 2.5 blocks per game for a season and 2 blocks multiple years despite being 6'8 due to a great wingspan like Robinson. Robinson will be just fine.

Maniak 06-07-2012 08:36 PM

Quote:

Lots of teams buzzing about a Dion Waiters promise. Teams say he's canceled all upcoming workouts. Blazers, Raptors, Suns all suspects

interesting

InspiredLebowski 06-10-2012 05:09 AM

I'm gonna say it. I think Robbie Hummel ends up a late 1st round pick. Specifically OKC or Chicago.

senelcoolidge 06-10-2012 10:09 AM

I heard Beal and J. Lamb stock may drop.

chips93 06-11-2012 04:09 PM

hardly worth its own thread, so ill put it here:

chad ford reporting that NO turned down an offer of the 4, 24, 33, & 34 pucks for the No.1 pick from CLE

Meticode 06-11-2012 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chips93
hardley worthits own thread, so ill put it here:

chad ford reporting tha NO turned down an offer of the 4, 24, 33, & 34 pucks for th No.1 pick from CLE

Damn, Cleveland wanted Davis bad. Well at least they tried. :oldlol: Personally I think getting 4 of the first 34 picks is good usually...

Talent 06-12-2012 01:24 PM

Waiters game looks a lot like Wades.

jamal99 06-12-2012 08:58 PM

Miles Plumlee has a 40.5" vert :eek:

EDIT - Jeremy Lamb "only" a 6'11" wingspan. Like a year ago it was rumored that it's 7'4"...

Meticode 06-13-2012 12:30 AM

I wish the 28th would get here so I could see the future of the Cavs.