Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Boston Celtics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Is the Celtics Big 3 now over? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267098)

insidehoops 06-11-2012 03:52 AM

Is the Celtics Big 3 now over?

Boston Globe:

There appear to be two schools of thought. Blow up the Big Three, use the available salary-cap space to pursue younger players, and start fresh with a Rajon Rondo-led roster filled with talented youngsters. The Celtics have three of the first 51 picks in the draft, in addition to Avery Bradley, JaJuan Johnson, and E’Twaun Moore returning next season.

The second scenario could include Ainge bringing back Garnett with a two-year contract at a reduced rate (the extra year could encourage Garnett to take less money) and re-signing Allen following ankle surgery but in a reduced role. Ainge could use the team’s available cap space to bring back Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox, and then pursue a free agent such as Jamal Crawford, giving the Celtics something they have lacked the entire Big Three era, a volume scorer off the bench.

JohnnySic 06-12-2012 08:39 AM

Re: Is the Celtics Big 3 now over?

I think that Ainge will make a push to keep KG - at a much reduced rate. Allen I'm less sure about.

Killbot 06-13-2012 02:31 PM

If Celtics are asking Ray to sign a vet minimum contract, I can't see that he will be willing to stay. Same for Kevin Garnett.

Big 3 is technically over. KG and Pierce dropped off somewhat and Ray dropped off dramatically (most likely that will change after the ankle surgery). Celtics should all be about Rajon Rondo.

PP34Deuce 06-15-2012 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killbot
If Celtics are asking Ray to sign a vet minimum contract, I can't see that he will be willing to stay. Same for Kevin Garnett.

Big 3 is technically over. KG and Pierce dropped off somewhat and Ray dropped off dramatically (most likely that will change after the ankle surgery). Celtics should all be about Rajon Rondo.

Its up to KG if he wants to stay, I think Ainge has no problem giving him a 2 year 18 mill contract. MAYBE 10, but I see Ainge going for KG at 8-9 mill. I also think the contract that Duncan signs with San Antonio will have effect on KGs market since they are the same age with similar impacts for their teams.

Ray is gone.... Even before the injuries, Ray was slowly phased out of the offense and teams started understanding how to defend him on screens.

PP is hard to judge. IF he's in shape he can still be a 20-21ppg 5 and 4 player.
If he gets lazy, he can drop. He's always going to be able to score 16 plus at the NBA level.

Celtics need to get an Athletic lengthy big(Fab Melo)
Id love us to go after Ronnie Brewer who I think would be a great option
I think Avery Bradley can be the scorer off the bench, I don't want Crawford.

sirkeelma 06-15-2012 02:19 PM

How about OJ Mayo?

veilside23 06-15-2012 08:54 PM

maybe over i know kg will be back am not sure if ray allen will come back.

oj mayo is what i want if allen will go.. rondo/bradley/mayo rotation is good enough

pierce / green / pietrus
kg / 22 or 21st pick but we all know doc doesnt give PT to rookies.. which sucks

get chris kaman / johnson / stiemsma...

fillers......

Lebowski 06-19-2012 08:28 AM

Well sure I want them all back with additional pieces. I just hope Danny does not overpay for something that wont go furhter then the second round. Most of the money needs to be spent on new, fresh (preferable young) players. And watching over the FA-list, Danny got his work cut out for him..

sirkeelma 07-01-2012 07:44 AM

KG still in Celtics uniform next season.:applause:

Tinseltime17 07-04-2012 04:48 AM

I thought the big 3 was over when the season ended but it looks like they may be back together. Pierce and KG definitely will be but Allen is a maybe at this point.

CelticBaller 07-04-2012 05:03 PM

KG is back, but now seems unlikely allen would comeback with the the terry signing :(

Tinseltime17 07-05-2012 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CelticBaller
KG is back, but now seems unlikely allen would comeback with the the terry signing :(

It is still possible but not as likely.

Tinseltime17 07-06-2012 11:20 PM

It looks like it is over now since Ray just decided to join MIA.