Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Supernatural on Netflix.... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267581)

Godzuki 06-15-2012 11:04 AM

Supernatural on Netflix....

i'm enjoying this show a lot more than i thought i would. i'm surprised i never heard of it or ever saw it airing on TV, thankfully it caught my eye on Netflix with the high ratings it got. good actors, decent storylines so far, and not too scary where i can't watch it. my only beef with it is sometimes they solve stuff too straight forward, like its abrupt at times.

longtime lurker 06-15-2012 05:40 PM

Re: Supernatural on Netflix....

What season are you on?

Godzuki 06-15-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtime lurker
What season are you on?

just started it so S1 still, about halfway thru. i went in expecting something dumb like buffy which someone mentioned in the reviews, but its WAY better and much more serious. i don't like horror flicks which was why i sort of avoided it, but its not too bad where i'm still on the edge of my seat at times but still not that scared. more suspense i guess...

LBJ 23 06-15-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzuki
just started it so S1 still, about halfway thru. i went in expecting something dumb like buffy which someone mentioned in the reviews, but its WAY better and much more serious. i don't like horror flicks which was why i sort of avoided it, but its not too bad where i'm still on the edge of my seat at times but still not that scared. more suspense i guess...

Funny thing is that the scariest episode is actually where no ''supernatural'' is involved. You will see :D

longtime lurker 06-15-2012 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godzuki

Wow you still have a long way to go. I started watching the show season 4 and never bothered to go back and watch the previous seasons but I was never lost. The great thing about the show besides the writing is how characters and events from previous seasons come back to into play throughout the series. Trust me the show is going to get pretty f'ing crazy.

LA_Showtime 06-15-2012 09:10 PM

Give us a review. I'm always down for watching new television shows. What is the show about? Who does it cater to?

Bucket_Nakedz 06-15-2012 09:28 PM

it's a great show. i was an avid fan for like the first four seasons. i've heard it starts to decline after the 5th tho.

if you like that show, op. you should check out nbc's "grimm." it's like a mixture of both supernatural and x-files and it's freaking awesome. my fav new show now. it's only on hulu plus tho.

longtime lurker 06-15-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
it's a great show. i was an avid fan for like the first four seasons. i've heard it starts to decline after the 5th tho.

if you like that show, op. you should check out nbc's "grimm." it's like a mixture of both supernatural and x-files and it's freaking awesome. my fav new show now. it's only on hulu plus tho.

Quoted for truth. The reason being though is that it wasn't supposed to go past 5 seasons, although I think they did a great job of giving season 6 a "fresh" perspective.

ProfessorMurder 06-15-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Give us a review. I'm always down for watching new television shows. What is the show about? Who does it cater to?

It's like a dumber X-Files... But instead of a man/woman FBI agent dynamic going after monsters, it's two brothers hunting monsters.

It's pretty good, not great.

Bucket_Nakedz 06-15-2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
It's like a dumber X-Files... But instead of a man/woman FBI agents going after monsters, it's two brothers hunting monsters.

It's pretty good, not great.

have you seen grimm?

ProfessorMurder 06-15-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
have you seen grimm?

Nope, previews didn't really interest me. I just watched Supernatural a few months ago because I happened to see an episode and wasn't watching any other show, so I just ran through them all.

Bucket_Nakedz 06-15-2012 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Nope, previews didn't really interest me. I just watched Supernatural a few months ago because I happened to see an episode and wasn't watching any other show, so I just ran through them all.

brah, i think you'll like it. its awesome!

Clippersfan86 06-15-2012 10:06 PM

Show with the two brothers right? I've always been curious about it.

Godzuki 07-10-2012 03:27 PM

At S4 episode 1 now, and i've got to say this show is awesome :applause:

I love how the show has evolved from the first season, and they're not afraid to change the scope of the show. I kept thinking i hope they don't just keep playing this formulaic supernatural issue of them showing up, and at the last minutes blowing the ghost or whatever away and solving the problem. it got so tiring towards the end of S1 i don't think i would've continued if they kept to that formula. but man the show has really taken off with the main arc demon chasing, that i f'in love it :bowdown: now its basically them combating demons where it just gets more convoluted...and great.

my only beef so far is i really liked the first Ruby, the blonde chick. they should never have killed her off, she was a great actor, and played that role so much better than this scrub brunette they got now :mad:

i'm really liking how they're adding new stuff to their arsenal, or some clever filler episodes(like ghostfacers) that i want to skip over in the beginning but somehow force myself to watch them, and glad i did when it was over. really liked the werewolf girl episode(think late S2), man that was sad. and loved the police station episode in S3, especially how it ended....just when they had a huge law enforcement hook up in their pocket too :mad: even the humor can be pretty good.

i'm glad i still have another 2+ seasons to go. just really impressed with how much the show evolves, and isn't afraid to, despite success early on with what they were doing :bowdown:

Godzuki 07-10-2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA_Showtime

its about 2 pretty cool, likable guys that go around solving supernatural issues. then it starts to focus more on demon slaying and this huge arc based on that. i could say more but i'd be spoiling it, and half the appreciation for me at least is seeing where they take it. i just give the writers a lot of respect for focusing the show more and willing to change it from what it was early on, despite the success of their early episodes. i'm still surprised they've taken it to where they have at the point i'm at, would never have expected this during most of S1....