Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Ladainian Tomlinson to retire (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=267741)

leopoldstotch 06-17-2012 12:49 PM

Ladainian Tomlinson to retire

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/80...mlinson-retire

It's finally official. :( I thought he had a couple of years left in him, but looks like he wants to ride off in the sunset healthy.

StateProperty 06-17-2012 12:55 PM

Re: Ladainian Tomlinson to retire

He hasn't had life in those legs since the first half of the '10 season. Probably one of the more under appreciated greats we've had. People will look back 10-15 years from now and realize how good he was more so than they will now. Playing in a market like SD probably hurt that a bit.

Heavincent 06-17-2012 01:22 PM

He was always one of my favorite players and he did some good things for my Jets. Sad to see him go.

-p.tiddy- 06-17-2012 02:20 PM

Top 10 runner all time

HOFer

Legend

GOBB 06-17-2012 02:30 PM

He always came off as a b!tch to me. Primadonna. Also hate when people call him LT. Only one LT and he played on defense.

Heavincent 06-17-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
He always came off as a b!tch to me. Primadonna.

How so?

knickballer 06-17-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateProperty
He hasn't had life in those legs since the first half of the '10 season. Probably one of the more under appreciated greats we've had. People will look back 10-15 years from now and realize how good he was more so than they will now. Playing in a market like SD probably hurt that a bit.

I don't think so. He was viewed unanimously as the best RB in the league for multiple years but I do think him not winning a SB will hurt him significantly.

But in his prime he was an amazing player and such an all-around talent. One of the better receiving threats from the backfield this league has seen.

-p.tiddy- 06-17-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

He always came off as a b!tch to me. Primadonna.

:wtf:

Tomlinson is pure class

GOBB 06-17-2012 03:41 PM

How would not winning a SB ring hurt him significantly? When you rank Rbs of all time, the last thing that is used to argue is rings. When it comes to Emmitt the amount of yards rushing, amount of years playing always gets used before how many rings. I dont think rings hurt Tomlinson at all.

Him and Faulk were among the best dual threat RBs in the history of the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent
How so?

Stuff he said in interviews, body language, demeanor.

Carbine 06-17-2012 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
I don't think so. He was viewed unanimously as the best RB in the league for multiple years but I do think him not winning a SB will hurt him significantly.

But in his prime he was an amazing player and such an all-around talent. One of the better receiving threats from the backfield this league has seen.

Didn't hurt Barry Sanders. Didn't hurt Eric Dickerson. Didn't hurt Earl Campbell.

It won't hurt Tomlinson.

knickballer 06-17-2012 05:42 PM

Quote:

How would not winning a SB ring hurt him significantly? When you rank Rbs of all time, the last thing that is used to argue is rings. When it comes to Emmitt the amount of yards rushing, amount of years playing always gets used before how many rings. I dont think rings hurt Tomlinson at all.

Him and Faulk were among the best dual threat RBs in the history of the game.

Stuff he said in interviews, body language, demeanor.

I agree that it shouldn't hurt his reputation and it's not as important for other positions such as QB's where rings have an significant impact on player standings.

I just think the average fan is extremely obsessed with championships and alot of people seem to correlate that to a players talent.

Snoop_Cat 06-17-2012 09:28 PM

The greatest running back of the past decade. His 2006 MVP year was absolutely amazing.

I doubt the lack of a title will hurt him, it's not like basketball where one player can carry a team far into the playoffs.

Wally450 06-18-2012 12:43 AM

It was funny watching him sit in the 07 AFC championship game with his coat on, on the sidelines

ROCSteady 06-18-2012 03:58 PM

Quote:

He always came off as a b!tch to me. Primadonna. Also hate when people call him LT. Only one LT and he played on defense.

Leave it to a Philly fan to think lowly of Tomlinson, one of the hardest working and purest football players of the last quarter century plus.

Yet the guy cheers for dudes like Desean Jackson & Michael Vick, yup nothing primadonna about either one of those guys :oldlol: .

Huge Tomlinson fan, greatest RB of my generation. Pretty somber that he had to hang em up without a ring but he's not the first. I had a lot of fun watching LT play. I remember that ridiculous season where every FOX or CBS gamebreak felt like a highlight reel where Tomlinson took a pass 65 yards to the house, took a pitch 35 for the score, etc. He dominated the NFL pretty substantially for a HB in the modern era.

:applause: Thanks for the memories LaDainian. Hope retirement is good to your family and health.

Jailblazers7 06-18-2012 04:05 PM

Thank you LT for being on my fantasy team during your '06 MVP season. I will always cherish the memories of watching you score me multiple TDs every week.