Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT Ricky Hatton vs Juan Urango (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26846)

gb8 01-20-2007 01:13 PM

OT Ricky Hatton vs Juan Urango

Its a pretty big deal here in the UK, urango looks solid though, kinda like a light welterweight tyson. Should be a good fight urango is a south paw might give ricky some trouble. What you guys think?

qwerty 01-20-2007 01:17 PM

when is it? is it on espn or hbo?

gb8 01-20-2007 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qwerty
when is it? is it on espn or hbo?

dont know about you guys its on pay per view over here.

DeuceWallaces 01-20-2007 01:28 PM

Ricky needs to come over here and get whooped on by Pretty Boy.

gb8 01-20-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

Agreed mayweather would prolly tear his head off, that guy is one of the best ever pound for pound in my opinion, like him more than i used to like roy back in the day. Shame about his personal probs otherwise he would be hyped a lot more.

GOBB 01-20-2007 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

He wont. He is too much of a puss. Scardy cat. Floyd Jr said he would go over there and kick his ass and Ricky doesnt wanna fight right now. Duck Duck Duck Duck Goose.

gb8 01-20-2007 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
He wont. He is too much of a puss. Scardy cat. Floyd Jr said he would go over there and kick his ass and Ricky doesnt wanna fight right now. Duck Duck Duck Duck Goose.

Nah i dont think ricky is scared at all the man is fearless and if you see him fight you would no that, but his avisors wanna make sure they get the biggest purse possible. Look at what ricky did to tzu who knocked out mayweather lite in zab. Ricky isnt scared of no one, its more to do with economics.

GOBB 01-20-2007 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gb8
Nah i dont think ricky is scared at all the man is fearless and if you see him fight you would no that, but his avisors wanna make sure they get the biggest purse possible. Look at what ricky did to tzu who knocked out mayweather lite in zab. Ricky isnt scared of no one, its more to do with economics.

More money? He's not a draw. He wishes he was Bernard Hopkins to Roy Jones Jr. Meaning Hopkins wanted a big payday dispite Roy being the draw. Floyd is the draw, he is p4p the best in boxing, he is the big dawg. Ricky aint drawing nothing. He takes what he is offered and fights a great fighter in hopes of an upset.

Ricky aint shyt. :pimp:

gb8 01-20-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

More money? He's not a draw. He wishes he was Bernard Hopkins to Roy Jones Jr. Meaning Hopkins wanted a big payday dispite Roy being the draw. Floyd is the draw, he is p4p the best in boxing, he is the big dawg. Ricky aint drawing nothing. He takes what he is offered and fights a great fighter in hopes of an upset.

Ricky aint shyt. :pimp:

LOL exactly the reason he is fighting guys like urango in vegas to build himself up as a draw. He aint beating mayweather, dont think anyone has a chance really( apart form zab if he wasnt such a nutcase) but either way ricky is a beast.

DeuceWallaces 01-20-2007 01:43 PM

Hate to sound like a d0uche but Floyd is untouchable. No one wants to fight him.

GOBB 01-20-2007 01:55 PM

Why is he fighting Urango again? Urango owns a belt I assume. Tougher opponents to face but i guess this is a better selection for the states to see so he doesnt get embarrased by a tougher challenge.

gb8 01-20-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Why is he fighting Urango again? Urango owns a belt I assume. Tougher opponents to face but i guess this is a better selection for the states to see so he doesnt get embarrased by a tougher challenge.

Yeah ofcourse its called building a fighter, every boxer has gone through this, and since hatton is barely known in the states its good to have him have fights like this first.

mswank 01-20-2007 02:04 PM

i've never seen urango fight...i'm assuming he's one of those dudes with an impressive physique but in the ring he's a dope.

if hatton and jl castillo both win tonight, they'll fight each other...hopefully not in england where hatton will be allowed to shove a dude into the corner like mr. t in rocky 3.

gb8 01-20-2007 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswank
i've never seen urango fight...i'm assuming he's one of those dudes with an impressive physique but in the ring he's a dope.

if hatton and jl castillo both win tonight, they'll fight each other...hopefully not in england where hatton will be allowed to shove a dude into the corner like mr. t in rocky 3.

HAHAHA hatton jus closes space real well, stop hating. Btw its mad funny, I dont actualy rate hatton that much, amir khan will be better once he matures and gains experience from england, but he is a solid fighter.
I have only seen highlights of this urango guy, he sems like aknock out artist not really a boxer as such.

GOBB 01-20-2007 02:09 PM

Ricky Hatton should have done this 2yrs ago. Those damn euros always milk a career overseas then wanna start anew here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mswank

Hatton vs Castillo BETTER be the next matchup. No ifs, ands or buts. Thus I'm assuming both take care of thier business of course.