Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Would You Do the #2 for Joakim Noah? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268764)

Kurosawa0 06-24-2012 04:49 PM

Would You Do the #2 for Joakim Noah?

If you're Michael Jordan and you can get Noah for the #2 pick in this draft, do you make the trade or is it not enough?

Noah is a good character guy and one of the better centers in the league.

Maybe the #2 for Noah and Chicago's 1st rounder?

BallsOut 06-24-2012 04:52 PM

Re: Would You Do the #2 for Joakim Noah?

Hell no. The #2 pick has potential to be greater than Noah ever was. You don't trade a #2 pick for a 12/10 double double guy unless your goal is to suck. Then again, with MJ running the show, who knows.

RaininTwos 06-24-2012 04:53 PM

Hey Michael, would you trade the #2 pick for Noah?

kurple 06-24-2012 04:54 PM

why the **** would anyone do that?

Kurosawa0 06-24-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallsOut
Hell no. The #2 pick has potential to be greater than Noah ever was. You don't trade a #2 pick for a 12/10 double double guy unless your goal is to suck. Then again, with MJ running the show, who knows.

I'd normally agree, but after Davis this draft is such a crap shoot. Charlotte would get a starting center for the future.

tikay0 06-24-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaininTwos
Hey Michael, would you trade the #2 pick for Noah?

:oldlol: Im a Bulls tard, and even I think you'd have to be on drugs to do that.

Kurosawa0 06-24-2012 04:57 PM

Here's the thing, are we sure any of Robinson, Beal, Drummond, Kidd-Gilchrist etc. are going to be any better than Noah?

Rnbizzle 06-24-2012 04:59 PM

No. And I'm a Bulls fan.

itsGameTime 06-24-2012 05:00 PM

The OP is the most obvious Lebron stan on this forum. He obviously wants the Bulls to trade away Noah who is was considered a major threat to eliminating the Heat. Fortunately for the Bulls, they aren't stupid, and hopefully the Bobcats aren't either.

fatboy11 06-24-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BallsOut

I don't know if you realize this or not, but a double double center with a sharp offense mind that gives his all out on the court and doesn't get in trouble is pretty valuable in the NBA. Also, can you honestly see ANYONE in this draft (Anthony Davis included) definitely being a better player than Joakim Noah? I can't. I see a number of guys with the potential to be better than Noah, but again, Noah is a pretty damn good player.

Now, would I do Noah for #2 if I was the Bobcats? Probably not. But I wouldn't laugh at it. I'd need the Bulls to throw something else in (not just cash for a 2nd rounder). I'd ask the Bulls to throw in one of Kyle Korver or Jimmy Butler with Noah.

fatboy11 06-24-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Here's the thing, are we sure any of Robinson, Beal, Drummond, Kidd-Gilchrist etc. are going to be any better than Noah?

Noah.

I'm not even sure if Anthony Davis will be much better than Noah. Joakim Noah is a pretty good player. Doesn't have monster stats but he's a very good center.

Kurosawa0 06-24-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
I'd ask the Bulls to throw in one of Kyle Korver or Jimmy Butler with Noah.

Yeah, I think you'd definitely need another piece. Maybe Noah and two first rounders.

I just like the idea of getting an established starter and high character guy for Charlotte. Here's the thing, if you pick Harrison Barnes and 3 years from now he's Marvin Williams, Noah's going look really good then, right?

Kurosawa0 06-24-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsGameTime
The OP is the most obvious Lebron stan on this forum. He obviously wants the Bulls to trade away Noah who is was considered a major threat to eliminating the Heat. Fortunately for the Bulls, they aren't stupid, and hopefully the Bobcats aren't either.

I honestly didn't even think about Miami or LeBron when posting this. I didn't.

tikay0 06-24-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatboy11
I don't know if you realize this or not, but a double double center with a sharp offense mind that gives his all out on the court and doesn't get in trouble is pretty valuable in the NBA. Also, can you honestly see ANYONE in this draft (Anthony Davis included) definitely being a better player than Joakim Noah? I can't. I see a number of guys with the potential to be better than Noah, but again, Noah is a pretty damn good player.

Now, would I do Noah for #2 if I was the Bobcats? Probably not. But I wouldn't laugh at it. I'd need the Bulls to throw something else in (not just cash for a 2nd rounder). I'd ask the Bulls to throw in one of Kyle Korver or Jimmy Butler with Noah.

What you said is true, but you only make that type of trade for someone that is a complete player, that you can build your franchise around, or someone that can win you 10 extra games by themselves. Not for a younger Tyson Chandler.

neilio23 06-24-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kurple
why the **** would anyone do that?

My thoughts exactly!