Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A win is a win..... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26926)

bigdaddybluesman 01-20-2007 09:54 PM

A win is a win.....

First I have to say that officiating crew stunk. They called the flops, they fell for the oldest tricks by Rose who got away with the same thing twice.

They called pit pat fouls on Frye against O'Neil. No to mention on Curry in general.

Now let's talk about the players.

Crawford has a basketball IQ of zero, which surprises me since he seems like an intelligent articulate person. He can shoot and when he gets hot he can shoot lights out. But other than that he stinks, doesn't play smart, doesn't handle the ball well and can't play D.

Step is hurt and might miss some games. I would hate to see Craw as the point. I would rather start Nate and/or Collins.

Lee can D on anybody and is a better defender than Jefferies. His game is becoming overpowering and has to start at the two. He will be an Allstar, period, as soon as he can hit the open jumper. His basketball IQ is in the genius range.

Balkman has to play more although I thought Zeke was smart bringing in Rose who as a veteran keeps his composure and really pulled the team together.

Both Balkman and Lee are better than Jefferies.

If Q didn't get hurt he would be an allstar this year and we would probably be at .500. He has a great all around game.

Starbury is finally playing like a star, of course he gets hurt now. Let's hope it isn't serious and he can come back soon. A backup true point is a priority in the off season if not in a trade before the trading deadline. Who that would be I really don't know.

LouV 01-21-2007 09:11 AM

Agree with almost everything you say. One thing is that Crawford seems to come up when put on the spot -- so maybe it won't be so bad with him at the point for some games. He also is great at hitting free throws in the clutch. He doesn't think, and therefore he's good in the clutch. Or not good in the clutch. Yes, he's a stupid ballplayer.

I missed the game. I saw that Eddy Curry got one rebound. I refreshed my ESPN page to make sure.

Anybody see it? I mean, was it at least an 'impressive' rebound?

bigdaddybluesman 01-21-2007 09:21 AM

No it was from a tip in. Lee played a lot of minutes and was a rebound vacuum, he sucked up every ball.

They needed that win.

shafir 01-21-2007 10:48 AM

Curry had 26 points in 26 minutes, but only 1 rebound! At least Lee made up for him.....

j Fresh 01-21-2007 11:32 AM

bottom line is we got the win!

Amigo 01-21-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j Fresh
bottom line is we got the win!

Barely.

They should have buried that team. Outplayed them from beginning to end. It didn't happen. With Marbs out they barely held on to the lead. The refs also had a lot to do with the outcome of the game. Two foul outs. C'mon.:wtf:

HaNdLe ThE RoCk 01-21-2007 12:24 PM

A win is a win and i agree with all of your points. Crawford takes the dumbest shots some times. Jeffries plays over 24 minutes and can't get a basket? Horrible.

David Lee and Balkman > Jeffries. Although when jeffries is playing good D i'd take him over Balkman down the stretch.

Marbury is back to his nickname STARBURY.

Don Che 01-21-2007 08:17 PM

Decent Win

Crawford is a better defender of pg's then 2 gaurds so he would fit the pg better then the 2.
Balkman is faster and a better rebounder then Jeffries.
Balkman deserves his minutes but Zeke believes lol.

Curry is a defensive bum with 1 rebound and is horrible ive never seen anything like that.

We should of blew them out but ill take the win.