Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Darius Johnson Odom Highlights (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269362)

kkinchen 06-29-2012 06:38 PM

Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
We got him too in case you all didn't know. Could be one of the steals of the draft.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJfMwLHbkk8

Bosnian Sajo 06-29-2012 06:58 PM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Damn, im genuinely impressed :applause:

Hope we give this guy a chance, I mean we didn't pay 500grand to the Mavs only to waive the kid.

kkinchen 06-29-2012 08:35 PM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
This guy is a flat out baller. He has an NBA ready game right now.

kkinchen 06-29-2012 08:43 PM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKn6D...eature=related




http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyTZ...re=fvwrel&NR=1


This kids a beast.

lakerfreak 06-29-2012 09:07 PM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
This guy is a flat out baller. He has an NBA ready game right now.


I agree in a sense that he has the body to keep up with the NBA physical level. I really enjoyed watching that clip.

Positives:

Super athletic
Great build for NBA
Good scorer from many areas

Negatives:

Not enough footage yet, I need to see his defense. I like players that play on both ends. So far so good though.

DKLaker 06-30-2012 03:47 AM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I agree in a sense that he has the body to keep up with the NBA physical level. I really enjoyed watching that clip.

Positives:

Super athletic
Great build for NBA
Good scorer from many areas

Negatives:

Not enough footage yet, I need to see his defense. I like players that play on both ends. So far so good though.


Not enough footage but he seems a bit slow with a slow release on his shot too. His moves seem thought out as if he's working on techniques that he hasn't fully mastered yet. He is athletic, I wouldn't call him super athletic, he can dunk but he doesn't get up very high. Yes, solid NBA build is a great thing. Clips show you what went in, not how many he missed....I can't call him a good scorer just off that.......and how many guys light it up in summer league and are crap as pros.

lakerfreak 06-30-2012 06:25 AM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Not enough footage but he seems a bit slow with a slow release on his shot too. His moves seem thought out as if he's working on techniques that he hasn't fully mastered yet. He is athletic, I wouldn't call him super athletic, he can dunk but he doesn't get up very high. Yes, solid NBA build is a great thing. Clips show you what went in, not how many he missed....I can't call him a good scorer just off that.......and how many guys light it up in summer league and are crap as pros.


Yes you are correct. Sorry I just get so excited watching rookies lol.

What position is he anyways? SG?

kkinchen 06-30-2012 06:50 PM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Not enough footage but he seems a bit slow with a slow release on his shot too. His moves seem thought out as if he's working on techniques that he hasn't fully mastered yet. He is athletic, I wouldn't call him super athletic, he can dunk but he doesn't get up very high. Yes, solid NBA build is a great thing. Clips show you what went in, not how many he missed....I can't call him a good scorer just off that.......and how many guys light it up in summer league and are crap as pros.



I disagree. This guy is going to be a perfect fit for the Lakers because he is a defensive stud, and is super athletic. He's clutch too if anyone followed his career at Marquette. This is a real steal for the Lakers. He could come in right now and be the backup for Sessions.

DKLaker 06-30-2012 11:48 PM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
I disagree. This guy is going to be a perfect fit for the Lakers because he is a defensive stud, and is super athletic. He's clutch too if anyone followed his career at Marquette. This is a real steal for the Lakers. He could come in right now and be the backup for Sessions.


We shall see.......or maybe not because Mike Brown may never let him see the floor :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

talkingconch 07-01-2012 03:30 AM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
We shall see.......or maybe not because Mike Brown may never let him see the floor :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Prolly wont even see the bench

DKLaker 07-01-2012 01:10 PM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by talkingconch
Prolly wont even see the bench


:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

DKLaker 07-01-2012 01:57 PM

Re: Darius Johnson Odom Highlights
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
I disagree. This guy is going to be a perfect fit for the Lakers because he is a defensive stud, and is super athletic. He's clutch too if anyone followed his career at Marquette. This is a real steal for the Lakers. He could come in right now and be the backup for Sessions.


http://www.nbadraftblog.com/2012-art...nson-odom.html

Here is a scouting report on Darius Johnson Odom, It agrees with me that he has a slow shooting release. Evaluating things like this is what I've been paid to do for a very long time. It also mentions his slow move to the basket....the spin move he has is not developed yet and he is mechanical right now.
The scouting report is a good one, he has potential but also much to overcome. Fans don't realize how important a quick release is for NBA players, even more so if you are not very tall. Allowing a defender an extra step gets your shot blocked.....and Odom's release is so slow it immediately jumped out at me.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:39 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy