Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Supposedly Nash to make decision by mid-week (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269682)

Grey Dawn 07-02-2012 03:05 PM

Supposedly Nash to make decision by mid-week

What chances does everyone think Toronto really has?

Normally I'd say about 5%, however there's this strange feeling of momentum of Nash turning back towards Canada, the Team Canada thing, comments he's made, actually meeting with the limp dicked Raptors and hearing out a contract offer, etc.

Dr.Funk 07-02-2012 03:18 PM

Re: Supposedly Nash to make decision by mid-week

I think it's close to a 85% chance he signs here.

I think the only other real option is the Mavericks if they lose out on D-Will.

bokes15 07-02-2012 04:12 PM

Yes, i'd say between 85-90% in all honesty. Reason being because while other teams will offer him a greater shot at a championship:

A. He likes BC, and they go back quite awhile.
B. There's no team out there than can and is willing to give him as much money as we are. I'm quite certain that we are by far the highest bidder both in terms of annual salary and number of years.
C. He's always hinted at wanting to play in Canada.

If the money was equal i'd definitely think he'd join another team, but the fact that he took that 2 year 22 mill deal from Phoenix knowing they weren't going anywhere and then demanded a subsequent 3 year deal out of them knowing that they STILL are going anywhere, shows that in the latter stages of his career he's going for as much money as possible rather than a ring.

clipse 07-02-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
Yes, i'd say between 85-90% in all honesty. Reason being because while other teams will offer him a greater shot at a championship:

A. He likes BC, and they go back quite awhile.
B. There's no team out there than can and is willing to give him as much money as we are. I'm quite certain that we are by far the highest bidder both in terms of annual salary and number of years.
C. He's always hinted at wanting to play in Canada.

If the money was equal i'd definitely think he'd join another team, but the fact that he took that 2 year 22 mill deal from Phoenix knowing they weren't going anywhere and then demanded a subsequent 3 year deal out of them knowing that they STILL are going anywhere, shows that in the latter stages of his career he's going for as much money as possible rather than a ring.

This. It doesn't hurt that Grant Hill has stated he's interested in perhaps joining the raps... I wonder if someone knows something we don't?