Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Detroit Pursuing Beasley (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269683)

dd24 07-02-2012 03:06 PM

Detroit Pursuing Beasley

Quote:

A source said Phoenix and Detroit are among those pursuing small forward Michael Beasley. Minnesota declined to extend the former No. 2 pick a qualifying offer, making him an unrestricted free agent. SI.com

If Detroit could land Beasley I could see them potentially turning things around much faster. Again, all of this doesn't make sense. We have a roster full of SF's, lol. Obviously Tay is the starter. We now have Maggette and Singler. Daye and Jerebko can both play that position too. Joe D has to be thinking of a trade. Do you guys think he would actually trade Tayshaun? Maybe he's trying to move Charlie's contract and teams want Prince??? Obvioiusly he isn't going to move Knight or Monroe so that's the one that it would seem teams would want to go for. I'd be shocked to see Prince get moved though.

Aussie Dunker 07-03-2012 03:52 AM

Re: Detroit Pursuing Beasley

Hmmm, very tempting young talent, but would create chemistry issues and locker room disturbance... I say thanks, but no thanks... If he was as talented as i thought he was, he wouldn't be bouncing from team to team..

dd24 07-03-2012 04:02 AM

I don't see him as a locker room disturbance. The only reason he was traded from Miami was so they could create cap space to sign their big three. Any team would've done that. The only reason I see Minnesota letting him go is cap space too, plus they were pretty much forced to draft a guy who plays the same position as him last year with the 2nd pick so they're going to keep he cheaper guy right now. Beasley can really score the ball and that would really help the Pistons.

WBynumToTheHole 07-03-2012 11:43 AM

could be a steal at the right price.

might mean tayshaun is the way out. and with kim english, maggette, and daye on the roster, it will be interesting to see how the playing time is distributed, whether we get beasley or stick with tay.

english and daye can play SG tho.

Aussie Dunker 07-03-2012 09:07 PM

So potentially headed into the future

Drummond 18
Monroe 22
Beasley 23
Stuckey 26
Knight 20

Could be a very BIG and extremely YOUNG core, if they mesh they could stay strong together for a good 6+ years... hmm

dd24 07-03-2012 11:10 PM

Those were my thoughts exactly. Beasley still could become a go to scorer. He's had flashes where he was just amazing. If Drummond develops into the player that we hope that would be a very good lineup.

WBynumToTheHole 07-04-2012 02:05 PM

really hope we get beasley and move tay to a good team

beasley is underrated in general.

henry1jg 07-04-2012 05:24 PM

I like Beasley, I think hes talented and all, but he is all about himself. As long as hes getting his, he could care less about wins and losses. No thanks.

WBynumToTheHole 07-05-2012 10:19 AM

well, looks like the suns got him.