Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   The small-market mentality of the Bulls Front Office (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270274)

dak121 07-06-2012 12:27 PM

The small-market mentality of the Bulls Front Office

Most profitable team in the NBA and the only names I've heard mentioned are Hinrich, Willie Green and Derek Fisher.

When is this organization going to get serious? I'm not asking for Steve Nash or Dwight Howard, but at least have the balls to go after upgrades. Aggressively look into getting rid of geezer Hamilton's contract so they can grab someone like Nick Young on a "one year to play your ass off for a bigger contract" type deal that the Sixers just signed him to.

WHY am I hearing about Hinrich when a Ramon Sessions could be signed for 2 years at around the MLE, with the last year becoming a very tradeable contract (ask Cleveland).

Suprisingly my problem isn't truly with Reinsdorf. The new CBA is hardcore and Bulls are building a new training facility downtown. My problem is with the front office sitting on their hands, scared to pick a direction to go in, scared to be creative and proactive.

They're acting like a small-market team unwilling to take chances on players with upside.

Go Getter 07-06-2012 02:23 PM

Re: The small-market mentality of the Bulls Front Office

Don't you get tired of whining like a bitch EVERY OFF SEASON?

Crystallas 07-06-2012 07:52 PM

If you think Rose is going to be 100% and help us contend for a title next season, you are fooling yourself. The best thing this team can do right now, is to take on a few raw projects, and develop players. Forget winning anything, it's not going to happen.

And if you want to jump off the bandwagon because the Bulls are making a wise decision and being realistic, then by all means. Chase down those teams that wreck all havoc onto their rosters, year in and year out, and never win anything.

dee-rose 07-07-2012 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystallas
If you think Rose is going to be 100% and help us contend for a title next season, you are fooling yourself. The best thing this team can do right now, is to take on a few raw projects, and develop players. Forget winning anything, it's not going to happen.

And if you want to jump off the bandwagon because the Bulls are making a wise decision and being realistic, then by all means. Chase down those teams that wreck all havoc onto their rosters, year in and year out, and never win anything.

I'm on the same boat as you in the terms of what the Bulls philosophy should be, but the fact that they've done absolutely nothing worries me. They should have at least traded for a draft pick or something imo... I don't want the Bulls to make any crazy signings unless it's good for the future but the fact that they've done nothing has me worried that they don't know what they're doing.

Crystallas 07-07-2012 04:41 AM

What are we supposed to do?

Please don't tell me, trade for a player that doesn't want to come here(Howard).

methusala 07-07-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Getter
Don't you get tired of whining like a bitch EVERY CHANCE YOU GET?

Fixed.