Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If Lakers trade for Dwight (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270350)

amfirst 07-07-2012 02:05 AM

If Lakers trade for Dwight

i meant "for"

Who else do u think they need to pick up to compete with the Heats? The Heats have great three point shooters. Lakers will prob need a few of their own to compete and spread the floor for their bigs. The era of the superteam has begin. Lets face it, it's the only way to beat the Heats.

HylianNightmare 07-07-2012 02:08 AM

Re: If Lakers trade the Dwight

not much, nash gasol kobe and dwight would be enough i think

Lakeshow3 07-07-2012 02:09 AM

Grant Hill, Antwan Jamison, Brandon Rush

Get those three and they will be good to go

If they can upgrade backup PG position, that would be solid too

martycrane 07-07-2012 02:10 AM

nuthin really nash gasol n dwight with hill n peace playin good D could prob dominate the heat as long as kobe doesnt get jealous n selfish and ruin their chances so he could shoot more difficult shots

amfirst 07-07-2012 02:12 AM

Yea, from watching the Thunders and Heats game. You can't even double Lebron in the post because his three point shooters will punish u every time. Lakers need the same type of shooters in their arsonal to match that type of game or else it going to be hard to beat them, just by posting up the bigs.

AMISTILLILL 07-07-2012 02:12 AM

Maybe Patty Mills or Mike James for the minimum, sign-and-trade Sessions elsewhere for a competent reserve at the 3. I've heard people throwing around Marion to Lakers rumors for Sessions, but there's just no way Dallas directly helps the Lakers compete. Claiming Rashard Lewis off waivers would be decent, and a move I can certainly see happening.

DTreats 07-07-2012 02:12 AM

Depends who they get with Dwight, Hedo, J-Rich, etc.

chazzy 07-07-2012 02:14 AM

Rumors about Lewis, Meeks, Jamison, and Grant Hill right now

ImmortalD24 07-07-2012 02:14 AM

It's too bad that the Heat are hoarding all of the good shooters, because the Lakers could use a few. As well as a defensive minded SF like Battier than can also stretch the floor.. or Marion? :confusedshrug:

AMISTILLILL 07-07-2012 02:16 AM

If Michael Redd and Rashard Lewis were to sign with the Lakers, even without getting Howard, I consider them in step with the Heat at this point. A bench mob of Blake/Redd/Lewis/McRoberts/Hill is decent; at worst they keep the lead while the starters catch a breather.

ImmortalD24 07-07-2012 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
If Michael Redd and Rashard Lewis were to sign with the Lakers, even without getting Howard, I consider them in step with the Heat at this point. A bench mob of Blake/Redd/Lewis/McRoberts/Hill is decent; at best they keep the lead while the starters catch a breather.

I doubt anyone cares what you think brah.

AMISTILLILL 07-07-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ImmortalD24
I doubt anyone cares what you think brah.

It's an expression, but thanks for the inexplicable snark.

amfirst 07-07-2012 02:20 AM

I like Grant Hill, but I think Lakers need maybe need Rashard Lewis too, so that would force LeBron to have to guard him and give Kobe more freedom on the offense, especially when they play small ball.

Dwight vs. Bosh
Pau vs. LeBron
Rashard vs. Battier
Kobe vs. Ray
Nash vs. Wade

Deng it would be epic.

Lakers lineup looks good. Only if they were a few years younger. lol

AMISTILLILL 07-07-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amfirst
I like Grant Hill, but I think Lakers need maybe need Rashard Lewis too, so that would force LeBron to have to guard him and give Kobe more freedom on the offense, especially when they play small ball.

Dwight vs. Bosh
Pau vs. LeBron
Rashard vs. Battier
Kobe vs. Ray
Nash vs. Wade

Deng it would be epic.

Shard would almost certainly come off the bench, unless MWP was part of the Howard trade.

amfirst 07-07-2012 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
Shard would almost certainly come off the bench, unless MWP was part of the Howard trade.

I don't like Metta, only because no one guards him at the three line and that ruins the Lakers spacing.