Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   OT: Rage Against The Machine reuniting. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27069)

TMacsOneGoodEye 01-22-2007 12:39 AM

OT: Rage Against The Machine reuniting.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,6269931.story

Just in time for the elections. I really do believe it's their fault that Bush won. Since they broke up in 2000.

JSub 01-22-2007 12:42 AM

O-M-F-G

Yeeeeesssssssssss

ClutchCityReturns 01-22-2007 12:42 AM

This is good news for anyone who likes great music.

EDIT: Just saw that it's for one show. Oh well, something is better than nothing and maybe they'll decide to stick around for a bit.

JSub 01-22-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns
This is good news for anyone who likes great music.

EDIT: Just saw that it's for one show. Oh well, something is better than nothing and maybe they'll decide to stick around for a bit.

Agreed. I'm willing to sell an arm to get tickets.

SsKSpurs21 01-22-2007 12:46 AM

RATM is awesome! :rockon:

anyone remember during the MTV awards i believe when one of the band members was on top of the wall near the stage...and people were telling him to jump? haha thats when the lead singer walked out.

Howard5Dirk41 01-22-2007 12:51 AM

i liked audioslave better but chris cornell is going solo, i never was a big rage fan.

kentatm 01-22-2007 12:51 AM

well its just for one show. hopefully it'll be taped.

i saw them at Woodstock 99. they were badass. so gald i saw them too cause i had no idea they would split so soon after.

and yea, i remember those MTV awards.

Seņor Cedric 01-22-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Howard5Dirk41
i liked audioslave better but chris cornell is going solo, i never was a big rage fan.

That sums you up really.

TMacsOneGoodEye 01-22-2007 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
RATM is awesome! :rockon:

anyone remember during the MTV awards i believe when one of the band members was on top of the wall near the stage...and people were telling him to jump? haha thats when the lead singer walked out.

Yeah, alot of people say that's the reason for their breakup.

Audioslave is a joke but RATM and Soundgarden (as well as Cornells VASTLY UNDERRATED solo album Euphoria Morning) are amazing.

They all need to go back to their old bands.

JSub 01-22-2007 12:58 AM

Audioslave IS a friggin joke. No different from any other alternative band today. You cant even tell its Tom on guitar. I could replace him and those songs wouldnt sound any different.

Cornell with Soundgarden, along with Nirvana and Pearl Jam, epitomized the grudge age in music during the early 90s. RATM was something that could never be categorized in a genre. The sound and message can never be replicated. It was definitely one of the saddest days of my life when they announced their split on the radio.

And since I was too young to stand a chance in the Rage pits, I never got the chance to see them live. There's no way in hell I'm missing this show.

Howard5Dirk41 01-22-2007 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Cedric
That sums you up really.

you're a joke if you judge people on their musical tastes.

ClutchCityReturns 01-22-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSub
the grudge age

:lol:

TMacsOneGoodEye 01-22-2007 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSub
Audioslave IS a friggin joke. No different from any other alternative band today. You cant even tell its Tom on guitar. I could replace him and those songs wouldnt sound any different.

Cornell with Soundgarden, along with Nirvana and Pearl Jam, epitomized the grudge age in music during the early 90s. RATM was something that could never be categorized in a genre. The sound and message can never be replicated. It was definitely one of the saddest days of my life when they announced their split on the radio.

And since I was too young to stand a chance in the Rage pits, I never got the chance to see them live. There's no way in hell I'm missing this show.

That's pretty much how I feel. But I was too young to care about Rage when they were at their peak. I didn't get into them until awhile after they broke up. I thought I'd never get to see them live, but now I will.

It's like not seeing The Clash live. It sucks.

If I had to use one word to describe Audioslave, I would use the word "safe." They don't do anything out of the ordinary, just enough to survive in the rock world. They could be so much better but they just play it safe to get the mass fans.

Hey JSub, did you pick up those Green Day reissues of the Lookout albums? Any good? I was thinking about getting them.

JSub 01-22-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClutchCityReturns

:lol:

:oldlol: I gotta learn to proof read

kentatm 01-22-2007 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
That's pretty much how I feel. But I was too young to care about Rage when they were at their peak. I didn't get into them until awhile after they broke up. I thought I'd never get to see them live, but now I will.

It's like not seeing The Clash live. It sucks.

If I had to use one word to describe Audioslave, I would use the word "safe." They don't do anything out of the ordinary, just enough to survive in the rock world. They could be so much better but they just play it safe to get the mass fans.

Hey JSub, did you pick up those Green Day reissues of the Lookout albums? Any good? I was thinking about getting them.

you are right that Audioslave plays it too safe. but when they hit on all cylinders its pretty damn good. they should take more chances though.