Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jerryd Bayless to Memphis (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270854)

brwnman 07-11-2012 12:24 AM

Jerryd Bayless to Memphis

He'll be a good fit there. Sorta in the OJ role for next year...

Legends66NBA7 07-11-2012 12:40 AM

Re: Jerryd Bayless to Memphis

After getting Lowry, Ross, and Calderon not moving it seems... Bayless was the odd man out.

He'll fit fine in Memphis.

Wasn't really a fan of his offensive game, but defensively he plays with energy.

barkleynash 07-11-2012 12:51 AM

Keeping Calderon is the better hoops decision.
Lowry, Calderon, uzoh
Derozen, Ross
Fields, jj, kleiza
Bargs, amir, Davis
Val, gray

I see a two for one trade with jj and Amir heading out.

Jballer 07-11-2012 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barkleynash
Keeping Calderon is the better hoops decision.

Sorry disagree :cheers:

Not that loosing Bayless is a huge loss but the guy is young.

Calderon is the only player that demonstrated nominal d efficiency improvement last season.

Still a fine player but does not fit the long term plans of this team - core youth with upside and selected complete package vets.

Calderon is the one to move...a number of teams can use his ample ball handling - low turn over skills AND his expiring contract (for cap space).

Bayless being a youngish 1-2 tweener could very well end up being a younger perhaps better Barbosa - high energy impact 6 or 7 man.

Good luck JB in Memphis - hope it works out for ya

bokes15 07-11-2012 07:33 PM

I like Jerryd Bayless, just not on our team. I will definitely be routing for him in Memphis, I really like that team over there. They are championship caliber (at least from a talent standpoint) and he has a chance to be instant offense off the bench for them. To be put in a situation where he actually doesn't have to run the offense kind of how it was with Barbosa in his later years in Phoenix. I like the move for him and i'm sure he's much better off.

Qwyjibo 07-11-2012 07:44 PM

More poor asset management by the Raptors.

Why let go a 24 year old PG/SG who had a pretty good year for you last season at such a low price? Why not keep him as the primary backup since it seems like he still has some room to develop and Lowry might only be here for 2 years? Oh right, because no one else in the league wants Jose Calderon right now no matter how hard the Raptors try to trade him and the Landry Fields offer sheet. :facepalm

At this point though, I'm not surprised. I also fully expect James Johnson to get traded for peanuts even though he is probably better than every other SF currently on the roster or signed to an offer sheet.